1.    #1  
    Hello,
    I am having a problem with my SMS message list on my Palm Pre. When you send a message or receive a message it shows up in the list of all the names. You can then click on the name and see the whole message log. This works great on my phone, EXCEPT for 1 contact in my entire list. The one name does not show up in the list, but if I click to make a new message, put in that name and send a message the whole message log shows up but that person does not show up on the main screen. This wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't the person I text more than all the others combined. Is this common? Are there any solutions I can try other than a complete reset (I really don't want to loose all my contacts and apps and such). Thank you in advance for any responses.

Perfect Horizon
    I just started experiencing the same issue. Its very strange. Any help?
    does that person use Google or Yahoo or any of those?

only friends who use a messenger service like Google Talk or Yahoo IM will show up in the Buddies section.
    Google for me. Did they change that in 1.31? It was never like that before.
    its always been like that for me.

only my friends who have Google Talk show up constantly. the rest i have to initiate a conversation in order to see them.
    Wasn't like that for me until I deleted the conversation of the contact yesterday. The contact always showed under conversations.
    I also just deleted my G-Talk account and the contact still will not show up under conversations.
    I'm gonna try webos doctor tonight. Would I have to remove preware and file coaster before running the doc?
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    I had the same problem. I did a Full Erase of my device to fix the problem.
    How do you do that?
    I had this problem a while ago I found a fix on here if I remember correctly I believe all I had to do was unlink that contact and relink it and all was good again.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    You will want to backup any items on your USB drive and any memos etc. because it will restore the Pre to its factory state.

Once you are ready launch the Device Info app, Reset Options and then Full Erase.

Good luck!
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    I had tried many options even deleting the contact, rebooting and then reentering them. Still was no dice for me. Was truly an odd problem. :X

Once you do your first wipe, it isn't so scary anymore. :P
    it is a known bug in the messaging. hopefully there will be an update to correct this problem soon. you can web os doctor, but once you delete a conversation you will have the same problem again with the contact not showing unless you do a universal search to bring up the current txt conversation
    back up contacts to be safe, and wipe
    Hey...no need to wipe your phone or use webdoc. Just unlink the contact (in you address book) that you notice keeps disappearing from your messaging app, exit the program, then go back into the address book and relink. Tada! Your missing messages will reappear again.
  17.    #17  
    Problem solved. Thank you so much for all the help. The unlink and re link worked perfectly
    Last edited by PerfectHorizon; 11/25/2009 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Problem resolved