1.    #1  
    I study in a University that uses EduRoam, a special type of network that alows all students to connect to the internet. I've been reading some manuals and obviously there is no config for Pre (there's just a few in portugal yet), only for Win, Linux and Iphone. Unfortunatly I can't seem to connect into the network on my Pre so, I'll describe the configs for Iphone and linux and perhaps someone can help me.

Iphone:

# Settings.
    # Select WiFi.
    # Select Other.
    # Name: eduroam.
    # Security: WPA Enterprize.
    # Insert username and password.
    # Select eduroam.
    # Accept the certificate.
    # Done.

On my Pre I've tryed this: I've installed the certificate (both windows and linux) and i've tryed to connect to eduroam with Enterprize and Personal and inserted my username and password but none works.

For Linux:

You need a computer with a wireless card eth0 and a program called WPA_SUPPLICANT.

1. Install wpa_supplicant
    2. Verify if dhclient and wireless-tools are installed(comes with the distribution)

-Config-
    1. Copy the certificate FMUP-ROOT-CA.pem to /root
    2. Copiar the file wpa_supplicant.conf to /etc and edit it puting username and password.

-Execution-
    1. Copy wpa_supplicant.sh to /root and edit it with your wireless card settings
    2. Execute with /root/wpa_supplicant.sh

Now i'll post the wpa_supplicant.conf

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
    ctrl_interface_group=0
    eapol_version=1
    ap_scan=1

network={
    priority=2
    ssid="e-U"
    scan_ssid=1
    # proto=WPA
    key_mgmt=IEEE8021X
    eap=TTLS
    phase2="auth=PAP"
    ca_cert="/root/FMUP-ROOT-CA.pem"
    identity="username goes here"
    password="password goes here"
    phase2="auth=PAP"
    }
    The problem is that the Pre does not support eap=TTLS and phase2 auth=PAP

The pre does have a supplicant but does not support that combination at this time.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you very much for the answer. it seems that its possible to use PEAP as well. It works with Pre?

This is frustrating.
  4.    #4  
    1.3.5.2 is out and all looks the same. Anyone have a clue on this?
    You're stuck.

Write up a description of the problem at the Bug Report forum in the forums at developer.palm.com

Also, consider emailing a copy of the description of the problem to chuq@palm.com

basically, we're not going to be able to help you.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    It sucks cause my university supports Safari on Iphone but no other mobile web browser.

We have to download a security thing... and I cannot with the Pre... the university just rejects the connection after 5 minutes.
    No eduroam for me either - is there any chance that PEAP Authentication with a RADIUS Server can be implemented by anyone else but Palm?
    Maybe talk to your university IT department and see if they can add an unsecure wifi?

My school has both. I connect to the secure WPA with my netbook, and the unsecured "public" wifi with my Pre+. Though, it's not actually "public", as it still requires a university-assigned username and password... that way, they can limit access to faculty and students.