Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone had issues with their Pre dropping data connection for no reason? I don't know much about how all this stuff works, but I do not believe it is a Sprint Service issue. In my companys office I always have full service. However, periodically during the day as I'm sitting at my desk my phone will say "Cannot establish a data connection, Contact Sprint.". This will happen about 4-6 times a day tops, sometimes less. I say I do not think it is a Sprint Service problem because I always have full, uninterrupted service when sitting at my desk, and I also had a co-worker lend me their PRE for a few hours, sat both phones side by side, and only mine had the notification. Any advice or thought would be greatly appreciated.
  2. #2  
    Mine is doing the same thing. Its really obnoxious because most of the time the alert is gone before I get to the phone to see why its making noises at me. It didn't do this for the first month I had it, but it just started one day and now it won't stop. Frustrating.
  3. #3  
    same here since 2 weeks ago!
  4. KJ78's Avatar
    Posts
    838 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #4  
    get used to it and/or wait for verizon
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    get used to it and/or wait for verizon
    Get used to it? Why is that? In my area Verizon is horrible. I've had every single one of the major carriers and verizon was no better matched in my area compared to Sprint and ATT when it came to service. That's just my area tho. However, as I previously mentioned, my office always has full service and a co-workers pre did not do the same as my phone when sitting side by side. Why wait for Sprint if this is a Pre issue? So I can pay more for the same service and still have a Pre that could possibly say "No data connection"? Why are you even posting on a Pre post if your an advocate for Verizon?
  6. cezasf's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    #6  
    Update your PRL on the preferences in your phone app., while your at it update your network settings too! you should have 60657 under the PRL for network after the update, then reboot (restart) your phone. Should fix the problem.
  7. KJ78's Avatar
    Posts
    838 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by brian.johnson115 View Post
    Get used to it? Why is that? In my area Verizon is horrible. I've had every single one of the major carriers and verizon was no better matched in my area compared to Sprint and ATT when it came to service. That's just my area tho. However, as I previously mentioned, my office always has full service and a co-workers pre did not do the same as my phone when sitting side by side. Why wait for Sprint if this is a Pre issue? So I can pay more for the same service and still have a Pre that could possibly say "No data connection"? Why are you even posting on a Pre post if your an advocate for Verizon?
    In my area Sprint is supposedly great. They have been until the Pre. Vz is really strong here as I have to roam on them all the time. Maybe ATT will get the Pre soon. You have good Sprint service inside? I have a good signal outside but even light residential construction knocks my signal down to a very low level. In my office its 1x and/or roaming all the time. I only advocate Vz based upon my personal experience with crappy Sprint signals. If your coworkers Pre isnít experiencing the same issue then Iíd get your unit looked at as they both should be doing the same thing. It could be an app looking for data all the time and its finding all the times you have no data signal but your coworker's Pre isn't demanding a constant data connection.
  8. junun's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #8  
    Mines been doing it too, despite updating my PRL
  9. Mitalis's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    #9  
    Sprint admitted today (November 24th) they had a 3G outage today.. So that could explain your connectivity problem.
  10. #10  
    my pre does this in my house while on wifi, not sure if it is because of my patches or if it is the phone itself.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    In my area Sprint is supposedly great. They have been until the Pre. Vz is really strong here as I have to roam on them all the time. Maybe ATT will get the Pre soon. You have good Sprint service inside? I have a good signal outside but even light residential construction knocks my signal down to a very low level. In my office its 1x and/or roaming all the time. I only advocate Vz based upon my personal experience with crappy Sprint signals. If your coworkers Pre isnít experiencing the same issue then Iíd get your unit looked at as they both should be doing the same thing. It could be an app looking for data all the time and its finding all the times you have no data signal but your coworker's Pre isn't demanding a constant data connection.

    We both have the same apps so if that was the cause I would imagine they would both have the same data connection problem. I'm only assuming though. Sprint is excellent in my office, and even on job sites ( I work in construction), but can get shotty in Northern DC. My experience has been that VZ and Sprint are reasonably comaparable in my area, and ATT is close. My main concern is that this is my third replacement due to manufacturer defects, and I havent been satisfied with Palms replacements. Sadly enough (or not depending on how you view this), the last replacement Palm sent to Sprint for me arrived defected, but the Sprint rep gave me a brand new one out of the box for my troubles and to show Palm the type of service they provide their customers. Beats a refurvished one in my opinion. I love the Pre, but whos to say that if I move to VZ just for the phone that their PRE's wont have the same issues? I guess others have this problem but there is no solution. Im sure Palm will blame Sprint and Sprint will blame Palm.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cezasf View Post
    Update your PRL on the preferences in your phone app., while your at it update your network settings too! you should have 60657 under the PRL for network after the update, then reboot (restart) your phone. Should fix the problem.
    Thanks! Updated last night, hopefully it will work today.
  13. wrightmd93's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #13  
    Mine's been doing this for at least a couple months, although I think it's become slightly more frequent. Doesn't seem to really affect anything, so I just ignore it.

    My phone is always on vibrate and I can tell the difference between the vibrate for that error (very short) and others, so I just don't bother to pull it out when I get that alert.

    Pretty sure I've seen at least a couple other threads about it, but not actual resolution or even confirmation of whether it's an actual problem.

Posting Permissions