Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Wifi is a deal breaker. Theres a reason most phones have it. The #1 option in my book. I would not even look at a phone if it didnt have wifi.
    Verizon JUST NOW is starting to allow it, and Sprint is JUST NOW requiring it on all their future phones.

it's a new "must have" and I personally am thankful that people can now finally use their phones. it must have been miserable to have a non functioning phone for so many prior years.
    chud311: I'm more or less with you. I never saw theneed for wifi with my 755p, and it was on EVDO rev 0, not rev A. Pretty much wherever I went, I had a good EVDO signal.

But man, on the Pre, where it's actually feasible to look at full websites, wifi is VERY nice to have. I use it constantly at home. And I use it for tethering and command line access to my Pre.

So I think if you're in a good EVDO area (lots aren't or don't get good data signal at work or whatever), then it's just very nice to have. But it's essential if you want to make the most of webOS and you don't have good EVDO signal everywhere you go.

It's a big hole on the Pixi, but I don't think it will hurt their sales for their target demographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    chud311: I'm more or less with you. I never saw theneed for wifi with my 755p, and it was on EVDO rev 0, not rev A. Pretty much wherever I went, I had a good EVDO signal.

But man, on the Pre, where it's actually feasible to look at full websites, wifi is VERY nice to have. I use it constantly at home. And I use it for tethering and command line access to my Pre.

So I think if you're in a good EVDO area (lots aren't or don't get good data signal at work or whatever), then it's just very nice to have. But it's essential if you want to make the most of webOS and you don't have good EVDO signal everywhere you go.

It's a big hole on the Pixi, but I don't think it will hurt their sales for their target demographic.
    True, but i don't think messing with wifi or the camera for that matter helps their cause even with their target demographic. Screen and lower processor they can easily get away with though.

It's been said that Sprint was the culprit for wifi not being on the Pixer. Maybe so but doesn't make sense to me if so. Wouldn't you love to be able to sell Pixi's that don't use as much of your data? Heck, they could've insisted on wifi and perhaps made the phone evdo rev 0 instead. Could've sold more of these without requiring a data plan. Then you're competing on an even field against the dumbphones.
    so back to the point.

has anyone traded their pre for a pixi? if so, what are your thoughts?
    that seems like it would be an odd thing to do...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12