1.    #1  
    i tried to install the patch about 3 times and when restart luna/phone it shows as it was never installed. I also removed the keyboard folder from the drive.. any help? thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    i tried to install the patch about 3 times and when restart luna/phone it shows as it was never installed. I also removed the keyboard folder from the drive.. any help? thanks
    did u try installing the obsolote vk first? .. try installing that one first , restart and then install the vk for 1.3.1 !
  3.    #3  
    oh ok.. is that a patch? let me look for it and install it.. thanks
    oh ok.. is that a patch? let me look for it and install it.. thanks
    yes its a patch if u are using preware go to list of everything and search obsolote vk!
  5.    #5  
    i did.. it won't let me install it either.. installed and when restart it won't show as installed
    Had the same problem, after upgrading to 1.3.1 it worked like 15 other patches that did not work before.
    same happened to me. So I disabled both webos internals feeds, closed preware, opened preware, enabled again & updated feeds. Then it worked
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    same happened to me. So I disabled both webos internals feeds, closed preware, opened preware, enabled again & updated feeds. Then it worked
    This solution worked for me. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    YESSSSS after about 10 times installing the VK, after four times of doctoring my pre... this finaly worked!!!

thank you!
    I had to run EPR this morning. Now the VK wont work for me. I will try your trick from up above.
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    Damn from up above this is a no go Oh well I will figure it out Im sure.

**UPDATE**

Seems that installing the obsolete Keyboard first THEN installing the new one over it BEFORE exiting preware fixes the install for me. Now my VK is back and running!
    Last edited by cgardner; 11/25/2009 at 08:24 AM.
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    OK here is some clarifications, there are two common issues and the solutions:

First issue is due to a minor bug in AutoPatch Technology (that I will fix within the next couple of days), EPR leaves a few leftover keyboard files (in the kbselector/ directory). Therefore trying to install after EPR will fail. This is where the OBSOLETE package comes into play. The OBSOLETE package contains a script that removes all vkb created files and then removes itself. (I might make this a dependency for the keyboard so that installing the keyboard will automatically install this first to clean things up).

Second issue is due to outdated feeds causing the downloading of the package from the feed to fail. The symptoms of this are that you will never get an OK/CANCEL prompt for running the postinst script. It will simply say keyboard is installed and luna restart needed, however still shows in Preware as not installed. This is where Update Feeds comes into play.

SO in conclusion:

If the VKB installs without prompting for postinst and still says it's not installed in Preware, Tap appmenu->Update feeds and then try to install again.

If the VKB reports error installing (see: IPKG Log), there is a high chance that old files were not cleaned up. Install OBSOLETE virtual keyboard (no need to reboot nor uninstall it) and then install VKB.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  13.    #13  
    how i disable webos internals fees? thanks
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by walhalla2k View Post
    yesssss after about 10 times installing the vk, after four times of doctoring my pre... This finaly worked!!!

Thank you!
    same here.. It worked after all doing this. Thanks
    how i disable webos internals fees? thanks
    drop down menu, manage feeds, then you can toggle webos feeds off or on.

glad I could help some of you!
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    thanks so much for the clarification. sadly, neither solution worked for me. still getting error, see log message. i have to grant script permission to run, but then the error message comes up. doh.