1.    #1  
    I was doing a backup on my Pre just now. Just a simple USB copy and paste of the entire contents on to my laptop. I've done this frequently.

There's a ton of new files in the root directory: FSCK0000.REC and they go all the way up to FSCK0561.REC.

Varying in sizes 32kb - 128kb. And odder still, there's no time/date for any of them, like everything else does.

Anybody?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Memory dump, I think. This has happened to me a couple times and I've deleted the files with no ill effects - that I can tell so far.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    Memory dump, I think. This has happened to me a couple times and I've deleted the files with no ill effects - that I can tell so far.
    Did you have as many as I did?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Recreational files?
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    Did you have as many as I did?
    No, I had about 50.
    f s c k (forum won't let me enter the actual command ) is a Unix command for File System Check. I wonder if WebOS kicks off some sort of check if they detect a problem. Has your Pre hung/crashed recently? Is there text in them, or are they binary files?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    f s c k (forum won't let me enter the actual command ) is a Unix command for File System Check. I wonder if WebOS kicks off some sort of check if they detect a problem. Has your Pre hung/crashed recently? Is there text in them, or are they binary files?
    Maybe 2 crashes in the last month.
    Files are binary.

-Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    I had those files appear after having problems with the sms tone per contact patch and it created a few of those files each time the patch failed to install. I had around 20, I think it has something to do with preware and failed patch installs..
    I had a ton too like over 200.... I deleted them, no issues and they never came back....
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I had a large number as well (about 100) I simply deleted them, after reading another thread, and have experienced no issues.
    These have shown up on my Pre when I've disconnected the USB drive, and the Pre thought I had disconnected without unmounting it. Ironically, I had, but I think maybe the Pre's recognition is a little slower than my pulling the cord...