Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Do you have a video (or on youtube) that shows the multitasking of iphone3GS after jailbreaking.
  2. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post

so what exactly is your beef with people posting complaints on this site? and why is it so necessary to shoot down their perspective?

I think we both (according to this last statement of yours) agree that criticism leads to innovation.

so do you not want to see the pre advance from its current state?
    My beef is with unrealistic complainers of this forum.
    Folks buy the Pre knowing fully that few of their must have features are missing.
    It shows that folks do not do their research before buying the phone.
    Then they start thread about how the Pre is missing this and that.

I am for Constructive Criticism not for unrealistic complains.
    I agree it is unnecessary to start a thread about how much you hate the pre but many of the complaints are legit and my stance is against unrealistic defenders of the pre. I feel that I am very open to hear what people have to say, and I am not referring to you but there are a couple of guys on here who simply refuse to admit that the pre has even one flaw and those guys annoy me just as much as unrealistic complainers. I can think of one person in particular who argues with everybody everyday and never once have I heard him say I agree, he is incapable of doing it. As long as you have people like this taking one side there will always be somebody there to take the other side, these arguments do nothing but go back and forth for 30 pages and serve no purpose because neither side will ever admit defeat.
  4. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Thanks , wow , thats one heck of a hack / tweak / patch call whatever.
    Its closer to Pre , but not quite the same. ITs annoying to push the center button all the time.
    My biggest gripe with iPhone is the center button. Its like a airline HUB.
    You have to press is all the time for switching to another APP.
    It looks to me that cards will be copied soon by one and all ( read iPhone and Android).

But I am sure PALM gets to improvise it before it gets copied.
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I agree it is unnecessary to start a thread about how much you hate the pre but many of the complaints are legit and my stance is against unrealistic defenders of the pre. I feel that I am very open to hear what people have to say, and I am not referring to you but there are a couple of guys on here who simply refuse to admit that the pre has even one flaw and those guys annoy me just as much as unrealistic complainers. I can think of one person in particular who argues with everybody everyday and never once have I heard him say I agree, he is incapable of doing it. As long as you have people like this taking one side there will always be somebody there to take the other side, these arguments do nothing but go back and forth for 30 pages and serve no purpose because neither side will ever admit defeat.
    I guess who have to misunderestimated him .
    I agree Pre's got issues (which phone doesn't).
    While most of the issues are legit, I get annoyed with folks complaining about PIM.
    To me , if folks know what PIM means , then they are not newbies to smartphones / PDAs. You would expect them to do good homework before buying the phone. May be they bought because they were rooting for PALM.

I am no fan of Pre hardware, I wish PALM comes out swinging with DROID like hardware.
    If they do , I will be standing in line to buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Oh fun, you posted some videos. Do you expect me to extrapolate your argument from them? I'm not going to play - I want you, in your words, to give me specific examples on how you think the UI is lacking compared to other platforms from HI and UX perspective.

Go ahead, give it a try. You might be surprised.
    It's too slow. What's so hard to understand about it? You're way too combative and you don't even bother reading to understand what's being discussed. You can't wait to jump up and down denying what I have to say, you obviously didn't even think about the details. If you did, it would've been obvious that I talked about responsiveness and provided the videos so you can compare the efficiency of common functions on these devices.

And for those who don't think that Palm understands their target audience, or even felt that they needed to replicate 100% of the functionality of their previous OS should take a watch of this video from the Sprint Open Developers Conference where Palms head of HI gives a presentation for some perspective - something that is sorely lacking in this thread.

There also seems to be an undercurrent of incorrect thought in this thread: that because Palm failed to cater to your specific needs,the company is somehow shortsighted or is destined for failure. I point to my previous comment about perspective.
    I don't know what your background is and what you've used before but the ideas presented in your link are a continuation of what Palm has always done. I'm well familiar with the concepts.

However, if you compare the Zen of Palm document I linked to with the current webOS guidelines, one difference stands out, and it's crucial. In webOS, there is a new emphasis on "attractiveness" and "emotional connection with the user". In the old Palm OS guidelines, there was nothing of this kind. There was nothing in Palm OS that was pretty, it was only functional above everything else. As a result, it was the most efficient environment for PIM functionality. WebOS is bogged down in gratuitous animations and lags that only get in the way. The Palm designer can talk all he wants about knowing his cutomers. Well I'm telling him here as a customer, that his eye catching animations are interfering with my usage of the device. If any emotion is involved it's one of frustration.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    I am for Constructive Criticism not for unrealistic complains.
    While most of the issues are legit, I get annoyed with folks complaining about PIM.
    To me , if folks know what PIM means , then they are not newbies to smartphones / PDAs. You would expect them to do good homework before buying the phone. May be they bought because they were rooting for PALM.

I am no fan of Pre hardware, I wish PALM comes out swinging with DROID like hardware.
    If they do , I will be standing in line to buy.
    Well, I actually like the Pre physical design, even though I'm on my 6th device. The quality is bad but the design is brilliant, but I've talked about this elsewhere.

How is my criticism not constructive? I honestly haven't seen anyone on the forum taking the effort to detail exactly what's wrong with webOS as I have. I've linked to design documents, discussed use cases, history of Palm and reasons for design concepts used throughout. Yet I'm being accused of being vague and general and asked to stop talking about it.

I mean, no one has even addressed a single point I made about the UI. I'd love to discuss any of them and be proven wrong but I only get unspecified disagreements or advice to go buy something else. If that's all you have to say then save it.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    ...clip...there are a couple of guys on here who simply refuse to admit that the pre has even one flaw and those guys annoy me just as much as unrealistic complainers. I can think of one person in particular who argues with everybody everyday and never once have I heard him say I agree, he is incapable of doing it.
    Do you think this person knows you're talking about them?
    Do you think others know who you're referring to?

This is beyond old. And will stop now!

Just a day or so ago, you called other members to join with you in trying to get this guy in trouble here in these forums by reporting his posts.

You have a beef with a certain member, quit airing that in these forums.
    Discuss/Debate/Argue the Pre/Palm about its Failings/Success and quit making it personal.

I would have normally PM'd you, but you have continued to air this in our forums.

A guy calls others out for their complaints.
    A guy debates complaints.
    A guy argues that someone's viewpoint is incorrect.

Just as Pre|C allows people to start threads about things they think are legitimate complaints, others are free to post that they may not be legitimate complaints.

-Berd
    Just call me Berd.
    <<closed>>
    Just call me Berd.
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516