Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by o0otoxic View Post
    20 bucks a share and wheres it at now around 10
    Buy high, sell low - never a good investment plan. It's up a bit over what it was this time last year, that's when you should have bought. You know, back when lots of "experts" were predicting they were going out of business. These days ... well, let's see, there's you that's saying that... (just a hint, a drop in stock prices is not what makes a company go out of business, and half a bil in cash reserves is a good thing for Palm...)
    what it come down to for me is that i expect quality from palm and i have ever since i owned the treo 600 and this time around i dont feel like i am geting that same level of quality while i do love the pre and webos and the community for making the pre better i hate palm for there just enough to make you stay updates
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by o0otoxic View Post
    what it come down to for me is that i expect quality from palm and i have ever since i owned the treo 600 and this time around i dont feel like i am geting that same level of quality while i do love the pre and webos and the community for making the pre better i hate palm for there just enough to make you stay updates
    To wrap this back around to the patch's. Palm knows they are not going to please us old Treo users, i so wish i had ljp(little john plamos) for webos.Thats why we have patch's,an a la carte way of getting back to the old way.Palm over time will implement most of the patch's sum are just commented out code or not finished code by palm itself.
    Like i said a million times this is not a Treo i would be more upset if they would of called this a Treo and tried to pass it off as one but they didn't new name new direction
  4. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    You're saying that Palm had to make the phone more accessible to regular users and I think the cards UI is good for that. But is it a zero sum game with more business oriented users?
    out of curiosity , I would like to know why its a ZERO sum game for business users ? I am a business user and am happy with it.

Email Yes,
    Check Microsoft documents Yes.
    Use the phone as a flash drive Yes
    Use phone as a modem (with Hack) YES YES
    Physical Key board YES
    Multitasking , i.e. looking into Excel in one card and while browsing the internet in another YES YES
    Quote Originally Posted by tejoe View Post
    Like i said a million times this is not a Treo i would be more upset if they would of called this a Treo and tried to pass it off as one but they didn't new name new direction
    Excellent point! I think those that say "I expected it to be like xyz Palm" are wrong. The thought you just expressed just never gelled for me before. I agree, if it had said "Treo II, or Treo 1000" or something along those lines, the complainers would have a point. As it is, I don't believe they do.

I also agree, the gaps will be filled in (as long as the demand exists). Some by Palm, some by third party. That's historically the way it's been with Palm.
  6. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    PALM should release a statement like

"To all the OLD PALM faithful turned Pre complainers

Thanks for supporting PALM 10 years back.
    And thanks for trying our new Pre with a groundbreaking operating system WebOS.

We know you are mad at Pre.
    We can understand that.
    You are smart , know a thing or two about Scheduler,
    and can teach a lesson to Steve Jobs on using PIM.

But time has come to cater to the mainstream customers.
    So we changed our strategy. Only because you are becoming a minority compared to the mainstream customers we plan to sell.
    Thanks for supporting us so long.
    We hope you like our products.
    If you have any suggestions , submit them to PALM."

Thanks
    Chuq Von.
    Last edited by gbp; 12/02/2009 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Bold
  7.    #207  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post

We can understand that.

So we changed our strategy. Only because you are becoming a minority compared to the mainstream customers we plan to sell.
    If you have any suggestions........
    So I guess mainstream customers have NO personal information to manage? They're just web browsing, app playing, restaurant finding monkeys??
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

We can understand that.

Thanks
    Chuq Von.
    Agree'd, but in a effort to say on topic i will only smile slightly at this response.
    and that to help palm get mainstream patches are needed i think palm should implement a patch acceptance program where as if a patch has prove stable and successful in the wild it should be included in web os.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    So I guess mainstream customers have NO personal information to manage? They're just web browsing, app playing, restaurant finding monkeys??
    Yes. Proof what are the hottest selling smart or dumb phones and what do they advertise they offer(theres an app for that,1000 apps,find where you want to go,ido & idon't,and coverage)

Have you saw the slight of hand that att is pulling in their commercial claiming that ATT(not the iphone) has 100,000 apps so tell me if you have to do that what does the mainstream care about

EDIT: even blackberry the defacto business phone has an ad with a lady Krumping, do you know what krumping is i do.Does it pertain to anything about info management no.
    Last edited by tejoe; 12/02/2009 at 04:10 PM.

You left off one very important line:

PS If you really like the old system better, you can keep using it. We understand that doesn't bring us new $$, but the "keep doing what we've been doing" plan was really starting to hurt us...

We can understand that.

Thanks
    Chuq Von.
    Okay, you say in one post there is no zero sum game, then you say that it makes sense for Palm to move away from business users.

Aside from contradicting yourself, I'm simply asking that you describe how this move from the business user to the consumer is taking place. Does it entail removing features, or not developing them? Does it mean animating the calendar instead of providing a search feature? Does it entail freeing up resources from working on PIM features to work on other unspecified ones?

You're saying that all of this makes sense, and maybe it does, but is this what Palm actually trying to do? If you think so, that this can be explain by Palm's mysterious plan for world domination, and can explain how they're doing it then I'd love to debate that strategy.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Palm's mysterious plan for world domination.
    Yep its called the Gapple strategy
    Bulid a sub-par phone with loads of hype(winks to your sig seems you know this part well)
    Use the early adapters as guinea pigs
    refine
    add new form factors or hardware
    refine
    find out they have a killer feature around version 2.0 or later
    refine
    and on to world domination
  13. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Okay, you say in one post there is no zero sum game, then you say that it makes sense for Palm to move away from business users.

Aside from contradicting yourself, I'm simply asking that you describe how this move from the business user to the consumer is taking place.

Simply put , there is no one devices that satisfy all of us. The business user , the web surfer. The college kid, the grand parents
    Simply put , there is no one devices that satisfy all of us. The business user , the web surfer. The college kid, the grand parents
    That's not what I asked. Did this courting of the mainstream customer entail dumbing down business features, or were business features just badly implemented regardless?
    It's fun, but it can also be dangerous. Before I download and app or a patch, I read the message board for current problems. Once it seems to have cleared up, I'll try it. I had so many problems with sms tone per contact, getting it removed when I needed it out, I waited for quite a while before downloading the "updated" 1.3.1 version. I learned that it pays to be careful! This guy Elryon does a lot of testing, and I trust his stuff!
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    That's not what I asked. Did this courting of the mainstream customer entail dumbing down business features, or were business features just badly implemented regardless?
    business features were badly or hastily implemented to push the phone out the door yes
    were essential feature on most new os not just talking mobile, snow leopard and window 7 updates out the gate ring a bell, either missing, badly, or hastily implemented to get it out the door yes
    the mothership google even has had complaints that gmail was poor implemented*gasp* and we all know how that is turned out
    Quote Originally Posted by tejoe View Post
    Yep its called the Gapple strategy
    Bulid a sub-par phone with loads of hype(winks to your sig seems you know this part well)
    Use the early adapters as guinea pigs
    refine
    add new form factors or hardware
    refine
    find out they have a killer feature around version 2.0 or later
    refine
    and on to world domination

Except there is no rationale for this "release early and often", which you allude to. Palm is not new in this industry. What possibly is new at Palm is the Apple contingent that has something to prove.

Aside from contradicting yourself, I'm simply asking that you describe how this move from the business user to the consumer is taking place.
    Where did you see him say that?

(PS, it's good to see it's not just me you're doing that to.)
    The day they started building the phone, there were no features to "dumb down". They started from scratch. Everything they did was an "add" from the previous "version" of what they had.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

Except there is no rationale for this "release early and often", which you allude to. Palm is not new in this industry. What possibly is new at Palm is the Apple contingent that has something to prove.
    There no rationale but there is a proven track record, first to market with something wins and the rest play catch up until the new "new" comes.
    What you are implying is that the strategy i mentioned has failed the ones that use it and is not successful.(again beating a dead horse most of the things google pushes use this strategy)
    I don't think the Apple contingent at Palm want to prove anything i think they want to emulate.
    Yes i do think that the pre was built of disregarded iphone ideas
    I also think its a foundation not the whole house there is more to it then just ****off ex-apple employees trying to get back at jobs
    Last edited by tejoe; 12/02/2009 at 04:52 PM. Reason: just cause