1.    #1  
    I'm on a standard UK O2 contract and have been happilly using IMAP email since launch day but I have noticed that since 1.3.1 (yesterday) every time I send an email the phone is reporting back a failure and keeping the message in the outbox.

At first I thought it was a problem with my IMAP server but I have now tried other clients and everything seems to be fine. In fact the emails ARE being sent but the Pre reports back an authentication failure and leaves the message in the outbox (it then gets sent again the next time you sync, and again, and... you get the picture).

Is anyone else getting this?

My IMAP server is hosted on a personal domain at dreamhosts but, as I say, other clients are working just fine.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Just did a test and all is fine with me
  3.    #3  
    So, just me then. It's driving me mad!

Every email I send is going out just fine but the pre thinks it has failed and keeps retrying.

I'm having to send a mail and then go to the outbox and delete it to stop people getting too many copies. Even then it usually reults in at least 2 going out. It also leaves a doubt that it has worked which is hopeless for business mail.

I can't think what could cause this_ Outlook is working just fine to the same IMAP server.
  4.    #4  
    Right, problem solved so I thought I would mention it here in case anyone else ever has it.

I hadn't thought to try this before but it occurred to me this morning that since my mailbox is IMAP I could just delete it from the Pre and recreate. This I did and now emailing is working fine. I can only think there was some corruption in the folders on the Pre which recreating has fixed. Odd that I seemed to be the only one reporting it though. My 1.3.1 upgrade was a pretty standard over the air job.
    Last edited by andyhurley; 11/27/2009 at 04:09 AM.
    what you need to do is run webos repair utility if its ready for your version in your country that is . i had email troubles as well and the repair utility fixed me up ! have a great day!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I'm glad you posted your problem Andy because I'm having the same issues. I try what you did, i.e. delete my Gmail account and then recreate. Hope this works.

*Crosses fingers
    We can not control the direction of the wind. However, we can adjust our sail.
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    I'm on a standard UK O2 contract and have been happilly using IMAP email since launch day but I have noticed that since 1.3.1 (yesterday) every time I send an email the phone is reporting back a failure and keeping the message in the outbox.

At first I thought it was a problem with my IMAP server but I have now tried other clients and everything seems to be fine. In fact the emails ARE being sent but the Pre reports back an authentication failure and leaves the message in the outbox (it then gets sent again the next time you sync, and again, and... you get the picture).

My IMAP server is hosted on a personal domain at dreamhosts but, as I say, other clients are working just fine.
    YES. Finally. Someone who feels my pain. Same thing here. Actually had a contact failure happy and did a fresh doctor to 1.3.1 and now emails won't send. I receive fine. I'm usa sprint 1.3.1 and this is driving me nuts. Where is the error log? How can I extract it....?
    hey johnny have you done the repair utility yet it fixed my email troubles just fine .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    THANKS! This has been killing me since the update. I mentioned it on another thread but got no help. But this did - issue resoved!
    I have the opposite problem - when my Pre tries to download email, I get a message Login credentials rejected. It wants to enter my password again, but it hasn't changed and it still won't get email. Got this message occasionally before 1.3.1 but always resolved spontaneously.

I use a yahoo.com email. Anyone any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre-Occupied View Post
    THANKS! This has been killing me since the update. I mentioned it on another thread but got no help. But this did - issue resoved!
    ok just so other know what you did and exactly what your problem was will you post that info please?? thanks alot
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by bgreenwood2000 View Post
    I have the opposite problem - when my Pre tries to download email, I get a message Login credentials rejected. It wants to enter my password again, but it hasn't changed and it still won't get email. Got this message occasionally before 1.3.1 but always resolved spontaneously.

I use a yahoo.com email. Anyone any ideas?
    have you tried the repair utility yet?? if not maybe you should ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    have you tried the repair utility yet?? if not maybe you should ??
    Der... no. What is it? Where do I get it? I'm still pretty new to Pre (2 weeks tomorrow), and haven't done anything more adventurous than download a few apps yet. But I have a background in IT, so I'm willing to have a go.

Can't help feeling you shouldn't have to "repair" something that shouldn't be broken, though....
    Is webos repair utility GSM Pre compatible?
    I can't believe I can't look at the link cause I only have 3 post....ISH IS ROUGH!!
    only 5 more to go...
    I had this same problem..in ur settings for email in the username boxes take out the "@yahoo.com" part just leaving the username.
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post