View Poll Results: Do you have any problems with software or hardware?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, software and hardware problems (Specify below)

3 7.50%
  • Yes, only software problems (Specify below)

9 22.50%
  • Yes, only hardware problems (Specify below)

1 2.50%
  • I do not have any problems.

26 65.00%
  • I had to bring in my Pre for service cause of problems.

1 2.50%
  • I do not own a Pre

0 0%
  1.    #1  
    It does not matter if u have problems after 1.3.1 or before.
  2.    #2  
    I do not have any problems with the Pre till now, I use the German GSM 1.3.1 WebOS and I own my Pre for 2 weeks now.
    Can't install more apps. I even deleted a bunch of apps, and still can't. Limiting the no. of apps to a small number makes the phone an unacceptable entry in the smart phone market. I hoped 1.3.1 would fix it, but it didn't. Very disappointed.

Now, I'm getting a message whenever I try to install apps: "App Catalog unavailable--Please try again later".
    email notifications do not always work after 1.3.1.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    My headphone jack if flakey and I have multiple contacts that will not show up in my conversations list(extremely annoying). Randomly my phone drops data connection despite having a strong signal.
    For some reason my Pre and the Touchstone don't always seem to get along well. I mean, once it reaches 100%, it seems to disconnect and reconnect constantly, making the chime that happens when you place it on the Touchstone. So, if I leave it charging in it and don't remove it when it hits 100% it keeps making the sound on and off. It's annoying.

I also have 2 dead pixels in it. I noticed it 3 days ago; now, I'm still under the initial 30 day Sprint warranty, but I'm not sure if I want to exchange it just because of 2 dead pixels. I've already configured it how I like it and installed some patches, so for now I think I can deal with 2 dead pixels.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverthornne View Post
    For some reason my Pre and the Touchstone don't always seem to get along well. I mean, once it reaches 100%, it seems to disconnect and reconnect constantly, making the chime that happens when you place it on the Touchstone. So, if I leave it charging in it and don't remove it when it hits 100% it keeps making the sound on and off. It's annoying.
    There is a patch about Preware u can get to fix this and the patch description also tells u that it is a bug in the Touchstone base and that u should bring ur base back to where u bought it to fix it.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Screen on my pre cracked it's probably my fault though, was in my pocket with case on.
    Did something like this happen to anyone else?