Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    if your having trouble with wifi you should first try the interactive tests in phone app preferences. If that does not work you could use the webos repair utility to fix maybe .?!
    There are no interactive tests for wifi.
    Quote Originally Posted by micahdear View Post
    Hey thanks for the reply. By "doctored" I`m assuming you mean rooted? My phone is rooted and I have removed all previous patches that I had installed in case they were causing the problem. If I've misunderstood (wouldnt be the first time) can you explain what you did to resolve the problems the OTA update caused?

Thanks in advance.
    doctored means reflashed it or hard reset it or use the webos dotor to reset your phone to factory.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    doctored means reflashed it or hard reset it or use the webos dotor to reset your phone to factory.
    Once its "Doctored" do you know if you need to reactivate the phone? (i.e. enter email addy and password). Cause without a data plan this will be difficult. I`ll have to call Bell and have it re-added for a day..

thanks.
  4.    #24  
    even if wifi is on, the phone will still maintain its data connection to the cell network. This can be verified by he app "what is my ip?" prior to 1.3.1 you could turn off the cell data connection and when the phone slept so did wifi, but after it seems the phone doesn't allow it.

if you want to test if your wifi sleeps, turn off data, press the power button to make your phone sleep, the press it again and on the lock screen you will see he wifi connection or not. Mine shows the connection unless I turn on data, the it shows ev
    As stated in many previous posts, I dont have a data connection. But thanks for the reply either way.
    All wifi issues and speed issues I was experiencing since the 1.3.1 upgrade were resolved by Doctoring the phone.

1.3.1 works great now.
    Quote Originally Posted by micahdear View Post
    There are no interactive tests for wifi.
    actually if you turn off wifi and do the tests there is a wifi test it may be in the quick tests but its in there for sure!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    So am I understanding this correctly? If I turn off data and have wifi enabled, wifi will not sleep when the screen blanks but will sleep if data is turned on?

If this is the case I *LOVE* this since I don't need data on 24/7. 99% of the time when I use my phones internet I am near a wifi hotspot. I could see how this would upset some who would like to still have it sleep. Guess if what I am seeing is true, palm needs to add an option to allow wifi to sleep with data turned off..
    wow that sucks
    mine on the other hand works perfectly!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12