1.    #1  
    Hi,

I am semi happy owner of Palm Pre from Movistar and still waiting for simunlock code. in the mean time i am trying to use Bypass Activation Procedure.
    I managed to patch webos doctor.

Patched webos doctor have installed drivers on WinXP but after connecting PRE with usb cable. i am stuck on the screen " now pls connect pre with usb cable directly."

any advice what is wrong?

pre is still sim locked

br
    Daniel
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Try disconnect Pre, turn it Offn and then turn on holding volume down button. Connect to PC, and then run pached webos installer. Should work
  3.    #3  
    do i need to hold for a long time?
    as nothing happens on the screen just palm logo and after 20-30sec pops up "sign in to my profile"

any advice?
  4.    #4  
    OK I managed to reflash my PRE.

Pull the battery out and let it sit for a couple minutes. When you plug the battery back in the Palm logo should not appear automatically. Hold down the Volume Up key and press the power button and connect usb cable. wait for BIG usb icon on the PRE screen. Run webos doctor and finally greyed next button will become active. after some time on PRE screen BIG chip icon popups and reflash starts.

it was more less steeps i have taken.

br
    Dan
    However, bypassing activation does not remove the simlock...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    However, bypassing activation does not remove the simlock...
    Yes you are right. That why i am still waiting for unlock code to be delivered.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    At least you can use the PDA features
    What is the webosdoctor. I have an unlocked pre and simply want to use the pre inself for now (wifi, camar ect) without a sim card. I will be moving in a few months and wont be using the phone untill then.