Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scott healey View Post
    no need to uninstall the donated version of my tether as long as the patched version of my thether is not applied.
    I have also verified this.
    thanks folks!!! great job! worst case is we not have recording... best case is palm gets us an update with recording! win-win!!!
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    So far, no good. =/

I'm trying to install via WebOS quickinstall, and gstservice ipk is throwing error 4 "cannot find package org.webosinternals.gstservice". Any ideas?
    The exact message is:

"ERROR: An error occured while attempting to install org.webosinternals.gstservice.ipk

Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=org.webosinternals.gstservice (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2
    An error ocurred, return value: 4.
    Collected errors:
    Cannot find package org.webosinternals.gstservice
    Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    How about adding a (static) picture to the interface so that we can easily tell which side is up and which is down.
    here are my two test videos

i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    I got a quick question. Is there suppose to be a preview screen showing while videoing? All I see is the greyish white screen saying recording, stop recording. It works great, but I can't see what I am recording through the Pre. Am I the only one, or is the because it is an Alpha version, and the preview through the PRE is not working yet.

If you don't understand what I am saying, if you use a video recorder, you see what you are recording. I don't see anything through the view finder, aka the Pre screen.

I does record great though. No problem installing.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    I got a quick question. Is there suppose to be a preview screen showing while videoing? All I see is the greyish white screen saying recording, stop recording. It works great, but I can't see what I am recording through the Pre. Am I the only one, or is the because it is an Alpha version, and the preview through the PRE is not working yet.

If you don't understand what I am saying, if you use a video recorder, you see what you are recording. I don't see anything through the view finder, aka the Pre screen.

I does record great though. No problem installing.
    what ive been reading its a great advanced to use the video recorded with audio, maybe u cant see what u recording but at least is working , we have to be patient and wait until the great work of the developers be complete
    like we said in spanish al menos es algo peor es nada!
    I'm getting the exact same error message from WebOS Quick Install. The precorder app installs with no problem but I can not get the GSTservice running.

Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    The exact message is:

"ERROR: An error occured while attempting to install org.webosinternals.gstservice.ipk

Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=org.webosinternals.gstservice (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2
    An error ocurred, return value: 4.
    Collected errors:
    Cannot find package org.webosinternals.gstservice
    Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'
    at the less is therefore soap is nothing.

i think that i need to brush up on my Spanish.
    great!

installed easily, no problems
    hit the record, stop, record again, and there it is, good quality.

Love the fact that this can be used as a voice recorder as well.
    There are four lights.
    That is what I thought. Thanks.
    Everbody fights, Nobody quits!!!

Bnite6 ---
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    For those getting 0k files. If I had any clue at all (which I don't) Just my 2 cents to contribute, it sounds to me as if the Service is not installed or not running. Verify the service is installed. If it is indeed installed, then either restart java, or reboot your phone. Also do you have myTether installed at all? (2.0.4 donor version with patch)
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xtexman View Post
    I'm getting the exact same error message from WebOS Quick Install. The precorder app installs with no problem but I can not get the GSTservice running.
    Make sure you save the ipkg files to the local machine. I usually download those and then copy them the install directory that is directly in the same directory as the jar file. Then launch the QI jar.

I did this today and installed both at the same time no issues.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Tried this, still no dice.

(I mean, tried putting the ipkg in the same directory as QuickInstall).

Thanks for any help - I forget that terse sounds rude on webforums..
    Last edited by blinktreo; 11/24/2009 at 01:50 PM.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    anyone tried recording while seeing what you're recording with the camera app? just playing around and that hasn't worked for me but normal recording still does.
    anyone lost their wifi connection? I did i am still looking into it.

and sorry for the ignorance but are we not supposed to see the picture while we shoot the vid?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    anyone lost their wifi connection? I did i am still looking into it.

and sorry for the ignorance but are we not supposed to see the picture while we shoot the vid?
    no not yet, and to the poster above if you are recording and switch to the camera app you wont be able to see anything except the cam logo like it is loading. since precorder has control of the cam the camera app cannot access the hardware until you stop recording, this was one of the first things i tried
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by bnite6 View Post
    Robrasta, did you have My tether installed on your pre? Just trying to see if you need to uninstall the tether program.
    I have both installed and I have no issues.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by franky_402 View Post
    no not yet, and to the poster above if you are recording and switch to the camera app you wont be able to see anything except the cam logo like it is loading. since precorder has control of the cam the camera app cannot access the hardware until you stop recording, this was one of the first things i tried
    sometimes that happens, sometimes the camera flashes, and sometimes i can see what i would be recording if recording worked though i would have to wait a little longer for the camera app to load.
Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast