Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    You guys rock thanks a bunch! Just wish I can see what im recording but heck beggers cant be choosers lol
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Wow.. Just Wow... Great job guys..

In real world use.. was able to keep take snapshots with the camera, then flick to the minimized precorder and start/stop recording a video, then back to camera for snapshots. Did not need to close either app. Obviously you cant record video while taking pictures but simply having the apps open and quickly accessible makes this very "real world" functional (especially with kid learning to walk)... Thanks soo much !!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I hate to ask dumb questions. But i have read this whole thread thoroughly and the wiki page. I keep getting the gstservice is not running error when i hit "Record New". I installed both files individually via QI.
    I've tried downloading the bootstrap script to see if that helps, but cant figure out how to run it lol. Help please
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Anybody been able to get a video sent through MMS?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    No go on MMS.. Not sure if its a file type or file size issue..
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    got it to play on my pre. I forgot to uninstall the mytether patch. Another bug in that patch. If it is installed your camera does not work an you can not play videos either.

update : NEVERMIND, had to reinstall mytether and go to the wifi options. You can unstall it there. Aonic made a patch to fix wifi on the paid version of my teather. The patch breaks video playback and the camera for the pre
    I am not sure you need to uninstall My Tether. If it came down to it, I would keep My tether and let the DEVS continue to work their magic for movement into beta and then a final full up working application.
    Everbody fights, Nobody quits!!!

Bnite6 ---
    Emailing works no need to even hook up usb mode
    Robrasta, did you have My tether installed on your pre? Just trying to see if you need to uninstall the tether program.
    Everbody fights, Nobody quits!!!

Bnite6 ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Robrasta View Post
    No go on MMS.. Not sure if its a file type or file size issue..
    It is both. File size can not exceed 500k file type needs to be .3g2. You can email the video though as a workaround.
    so I installed using WebOS Quick Install, in order, no errors, app shows up, seems to work, preferences work, makes a file on my Pre that I can see through USB but its always a file size of 0

I've done 2 luna restarts and a full power cycle since installing it, doesn't seem to matter

the older recording app used to work for me where you'd have to pull it off the USB and use a convert to give the file a container, pain, but it did work, this doesnt throw any errors but just 0 length file size each time

thoughts?
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Great job guys.......

I installed via terminal with the following commands

wget http://bit.ly/precorder-bootstrap
    sh precorder-bootstrap

Here is a video that I recorded.....

I uploaded this 5mb(surprisingly upload took ~ 10seconds) video with pixelpipe directly to youtube... Or you can setup email uploads to you tube....if you do not have pixelpipe. The video appeared on youtube and was processed 5 mins later
    Last edited by navinag; 11/24/2009 at 12:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    Let the Palm pron commence.
    Haha

This rules, well done guys
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Isn't there API calls now to keep the screen on? Implementing that and a timer would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by bnite6 View Post
    Robrasta, did you have My tether installed on your pre? Just trying to see if you need to uninstall the tether program.
    As long as my tether isn't running you should be able to use the precorder just fine. When you turn on the wifi part of my tether is when you will need to use the patch aonic has developed for my tether.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Bnite - Yes, still have My Tether installed..
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    anyone having problems getting the web-os quick installer working? no matter how many times i re-install java, novacom, etc. etc.... i still get an "unable to launch application" error when trying to launch the .jar file.

preware works great, but i can't get the WebOS quick installer going...
    weird, if I change the audio format to Mp3 it always records 0 length, if I leave it as AAC it works just fine.......
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Absolutely awesome, can't wait to see it in beta and final. I think this would be a quick thing to add, spacebar to start/stop recording would be nice.
    no need to uninstall the donated version of my tether as long as the patched version of my thether is not applied.
Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast