Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    After installing and rebooting a few times I got Precorder working... Nice job!
    Quote Originally Posted by igor.cv View Post
    will the 1.2.1 be supported?
    No, the binaries required for video recording are only available in 1.3.1.

Thanks guys, working fine! Though video not recording with flash off, and showing 0 bytes in media/internal, not showing in video app either, though great for alpha

Great finger up apple
    Well after 6 pages it looks like im the only one- I cant get gstservice to install- it errors out every time- from either WOI or terminal session-

the precorder package will install via WOI but will not record due to the service not being installed or started on the phone....
    its looking good fellas....cant wait for more updates!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

hi all. once recorded, how do i watch the video on the pre?thanx
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    hi all. once recorded, how do i watch the video on the pre?thanx
    With the Videos app...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    With the Videos app...
    i tried. it doesnt show there...
    Just did the EASY install process. READ the known bugs lists, which if you don't, you will be posting worthless threads here!

Now that I've done that, I'm THOROUGHLY impressed with it already. Why aren't you guys being whisked away by Palm?? They have got to be following this and the people making it happen.

Once it has the ability to show on the screen what the camera is seeing (just like any digital camera), it will be even more awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    i tried. it doesnt show there...
    hook your pre upto your machine and see if all the video files are 0 bytes in size.
    EDIT: Nevermind Wrong Thread
    got it to play on my pre. I forgot to uninstall the mytether patch. Another bug in that patch. If it is installed your camera does not work an you can not play videos either.
    I haven't uninstalled the my tether and my precorder plays and records fine.
    This works great, i do seem to get the issue where the video doesn't show in the player, and appears to be 0bytes using Internalz, when i select MP3 for the audio encoding.
    Excellent to see that this is being done. I know many of us were holding our breath to see this thread and testing get started. I have always wondered how the devs here can push this and get immediate feedback, while the PALM devs (if they even exist...) cannot even seem to add this in an update. As usual, the forces of good triumph over the forces of evil. Once I get to the hizzle, I will be part of the light side helping to get this working. By the way, has anyone ran into the issue of not enough space? Amazing that we have MY TETHER and PRECORDER for CHRISTMAS. I am headed to family for thanksgiving and would love to capture video for holidays with the PRE. Could you imagine the marketing that could be done with PRE having this capability (instead of PALM saying that WI-FI isn't able to done on the PRE and not having the capability to recorder video)?

Now the next step will be the voice command capability. Keep up the good work devs. Show me the donate button!!!!

Everybody fights, Nobody quits!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by loosenut81 View Post
    Well after 6 pages it looks like im the only one- I cant get gstservice to install- it errors out every time- from either WOI or terminal session-

the precorder package will install via WOI but will not record due to the service not being installed or started on the phone....
    your not the only one loosenut, i cant get gstservice to install either errors here too
    Ive got it figured, wasnt working with flash before, remember this is Alpha stage so theres a lot of bugs yet.

For those with recordings not showing in video app and 0 bytes on internal use these settings:

To work with flash:

Audio Format: AAC
    Video Format: H.264/AVC
    Container: MP4
    Media Source: Both
    Flash: On

To work without flash:

Just change Video format to MPEG-4

Audio Format: AAC
    Video Format: H.264/AVC
    Container: MPEG-4
    Media Source: Both
    Flash: Off

Hope this helps

Oh btw, what the heck does the launch button do? Whys it grayed out? =/
    Cheers fella it's working now
    Great Job Dudes...
    my issue was my fault changing the audio from ACC to MP3
    Absolutely brilliant!! Great work guys! Loving this alpha version already!
Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast