Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Hey this is great. Is there any way possible to let it record in .3g2 then we could send it via sms through the Pre? Thanks for your work!!

For all intents and purposes, the .3gp muxing should be identical to .3g2 (in the preferences menu)

If the file extension is important for your purpose, I can look into having an option (wouldn't take much)
    can this be installed with terminal from the pre?
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by en0x View Post
    no need for CDMA pre... u need 1.3.1 webOS
    will the 1.2.1 be supported?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    can this be installed with terminal from the pre?
    yes, it can!
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by Catdaemon View Post
    This is fantastic. As far as I'm concerned all this needs to be perfectly usable is some kind of feedback in terms of its working (as it sometimes doesn't record as you probably already know). Live preview isn't something I really care about at the moment.
    I have the same feelings about it, and this will be a prerequisite for any beta release.
    Quote Originally Posted by igor.cv View Post
    yes, it can!
    nice. What is the command line?

I tried it from the wiki and could not do it.

can someone please post the command line to enter into terminal. Thank you!!!

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    freaky flippin' AWESOME!!! After about only 10 minutes of tinkering I'm now recording video on my Pre. It looks and sounds GREAT. Excellent work, can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve for future updates.
    After recording something i stop it and then load the video player and the video is not there. I have waited a few minutes thinking that it maybe rendering it. but no dice. I to connect my pre to the computer > select usb drive > then disconnect and it shows up in my video player list.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Ok. Went through my commute with it and came up with some observations. To the OP, do you want comments here or is there a dedicated place for comments and bugs?

Before Install:

I didn't listen to the instructions and installed both IPKs at the same time. This basically froze up my Pre and I had to do a restart via the top right button.

After Install:

1) If the Pre starts to dim, apparently, it will stop recording and it won't save whatever you did record into the videos folder.
    2) Any activity such as taking off headphones apparently also stops recording.
    3) I haven't been able to record videos over 1 minute long.
    4) Overall, whether it actually saves what you recorded is a crapshoot. Anything short should save, but anything long and you are probably not going to have it save.

I will keep testing throughout the morning. Going to see how they play over the PC.

EDIT:

Hooked up to PC and tried to view the files.

1) For the ones that apparently didn't end up showing on the Video app on the Pre, they are in the USB drive, BUT they cannot be played. I get an error.
    2) Also, apparently, the Pre likes the landscape view. So when recording, I suggest you record like the Pre is a digital camera.
    Last edited by bnceo; 11/24/2009 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Discovered Some Changes
    Worked perfectly the very first time with Quick Install. You do have to hold the the phone sideways or else your videos will be oriented sideways. I think the iPhone knows which way to orient the video based on how you're holding the phone, so that would be my suggestion on a future upgrade. Also to put the flash on/off on the main screen instead of in the submenu. Great stuff!

before I knew which way to hold the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prenosicator View Post
    For all intents and purposes, the .3gp muxing should be identical to .3g2 (in the preferences menu)

If the file extension is important for your purpose, I can look into having an option (wouldn't take much)
    Hey thanks for your response. I have played around with the attachments size and type that the Pre would recognize via text message http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...messaging.html here and the only file format the Pre will recognize to send via text message is .3g2

The only drawback to sending via text message is your video has to be smaller than 500k.

The mp4 and 3gp can be attached via email and sent, but I thought sometimes people would just want to send one quickly via text message. So unless there is a file extension somewhere in the Pre that can be changed to recognize another format we are stuck with .3g2 for forwarding via text messaging.

Thanks again for this it worked perfect on the first go around. I look forward to the great work you all will implement later. Also I didn't see a donate button last night, you all definetly need to put one out there for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ird View Post
    Also, this could just be me having old codecs.. But I can't get the video to play (running linux). It will play the audio fine, just no video.
    Try VLC. That seems to play just about anything.

I haven't seen any Pixi test results. I didn't bring the Pixi with me today, but I'll try it out tonight, if anyone doesn't beat me to it.
    Last edited by sacherjj; 11/24/2009 at 08:40 AM.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psvillars View Post
    I installed the 2 ipk's with webos quick install then used putty to run the script, restarted luna and it worked. I did try rebooting the phone and it froze once but did battery pull and it booted back up and so far no problems and it may not have been related to the recorder being that i also have smartreflex scaling patch installed also.
    My smartreflex 600 caused me problems last night. It froze twice on reboots, both having to pull the battery. I ended up removing it and putting the smartreflex 500 on, and havn't tried to reboot yet.

As for Precorder, I installed via QI, and it worked. No script running needed. I'm stoked.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Ok so I've reinstalled this and rebooted my Pre a few times and I still get the same problem.

It supposedly records a video but isn't actually doing it. The Video library still only contains 2 the videos I have there and if I look at them over USB they are 0 byte files.

EDIT: Just wanted to say I understand this is Alpha and might not work just trying to offer another avenue for testing with a GSM Pre because most of the people who have got it working all have CDMA phones.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by igor.cv View Post
    will the 1.2.1 be supported?
    I could be wrong, but I highly doubt it. Palm updated gstreamer for 1.3.1 And it's using a modified version of that from what I understand.
    -----------------
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Try VLC. That seems to play just about anything.

I haven't seen any Pixi test results. I didn't bring the Pixi with me today, but I'll try it out tonight, if anyone doesn't beat me to it.
    Tried using VLC to play the files that didn't show up in the Video app. No go.
    I got it to work installing via terminal on the pre itself. Amazing work.. The flash on main screen would be cool but not a major drawback.. Congratulations this is AMAZING!!!

this is the reason I don't go back to windows mobile. I get surprised everyday with something new and amazing.

Oklahoma Sooner theme

it seems that i am the only one that is not able to play the video. it shows up in my video list but hen I go to play them it says: there as an error playing the file. I installe using the directions an it wont play the video.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    So far in my testing, it has worked slick. For kicks I tried to preview with camera app while recording. No go people, don't even bother trying. It installed easily, and works as advertised. I've installed the swipe to delete video patch, works like a champ. I recorded a clip at 1 minute 19 seconds or so. Haven't tried longer yet. I did keep tapping the screen every so often to keep it from dimming the screen.

Audio did seem a little low in volume.

I understand there may be some technical limitations in previewing video. What about an active time counter while recording. If the screen is active and being updated by the UI might the phone not sleep? Besides that, it would be cool to see how long you have been recording. I recorded the 1 min 19 second clip with default settings, and it was about a 3mb file.

Guys, YOU ROCK!

As a side note, is there any way to add the webos-internals testing feed to my preware?
    -----------------
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    it seems that i am the only one that is not able to play the video. it shows up in my video list but hen I go to play them it says: there as an error playing the file. I installe using the directions an it wont play the video.
    what format are you recording in? I've heard that there MAY be an issue playing .3gp on the pre with 1.3.1 I haven't tried it myself. I left it with the defaults for my test videos.
    -----------------
Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast