Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39444546474849
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    Except that PreCorder's recording quality seems to be better. Instead of completely dying could some of it be rolled into Palm's video app to give us the choice of Higher Quality vs. Smaller File Size. Just a thought.
    +1

Plus the extended features were always really something I was impressed with. Being able to choose different containers for both video and audio, and especially the use of the flash..think that's something I'm going to miss.

I hope this project keeps going now that there's been a way established to "split the pipeline..." or maybe there'll be patches to alter the main video recorder...but in any case, thanks to everyone for all the hard work. I really appreciate this community of developers, and quite frankly, it's more than I could've asked for in terms of my OS as a layperson.

Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugantic View Post
    ...and especially the use of the flash..think that's something I'm going to miss.
    Wonder-Canuck, Jason Robitaille, already has a patch that adds that to Palm's video recorder. Works like a charm.
    Yes, I double that... thanks to all for allowing us to have a video recorder long before Palm go it out to us!

Much respect here!

And yes, maybe do some patches to improve on what Palm put out!

Thanks again!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

hopefully Precorder will evolve to improve Palm's recording app with higher qaulity vid...or something. Basically take it to the next level.
    I feel regret to hear that. The Video record function with 1.4 is not good enough.

1. Precorder allow me multi-tasking but 1.4 not
    2. Precorder not display the screen what they are recording (Sometime that is good for me)

So I really like to have the Precorder with webos 1.4

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    "It's dead, Jim."

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldpau View Post
    I feel regret to hear that. The Video record function with 1.4 is not good enough.

1. Precorder allow me multi-tasking but 1.4 not
    2. Precorder not display the screen what they are recording (Sometime that is good for me)

So I really like to have the Precorder with webos 1.4
    Precorder is open source software.

Anyone with the drive and skills is welcome to take it up and drive it to new releases.

No-one is taking anything away, but someone will need to step up if anything is to move forward.

-- Rod
    I've never used Precorder, so I could be completely off base here, but I was wondering if it could lead to a Voice Memo app.

Elsewhere in this thread I read that Precoder offered the option of different codecs and containers. Well, could an audio only codec/container option be added?

Video could be captured while recording, making it rather processor intensive to use, but then just dumped, saving only the audio?

Just thinking again. Sorry.
    bumpin...hoping someone will continue to work on precorder.
    agreed. I've been searching with desperation for a way to record voice memos on the palm pre . . . I've tried everything from Classic aps to precorder (which was frustrating because I couldnt get it to work, then I found this thread (its dead))

I don't really care about the video feature it offered, I was just looking for the audio . . . . wish I had the know how to work on it myself, but as I don't, I would be happy to support/donate/purchase from anyone who does.
    guess you could use the video recorder just to record sound
    Am I going crazy, or is Precorder not available in 1.4.5? I can't find it in WebOSQI or Preware.

Help please.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    if you just want to record voice use zcorder in prewaRE
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    Am I going crazy, or is Precorder not available in 1.4.5?
    That is correct. It is no longer supported. The source code is available for anyone else who wishes to forward-port it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39444546474849