Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3843444546474849 LastLast
    When 1.4 comes out, could Precorder be repurposed as a more audio-centric recording app? I think all that needs to be done make it easier to switch between audio and video, just have a toggle on the main scene. This way we can extend the life of Precorder a bit longer.
    I just found this today, and I have to say i'm very happy with it! Even though it is a very feature-poor app, it does what it's supposed to do, and does it fairly well!

Well done devs! It'll be interesting to see what (if anything) becomes of this app when 1.4 pops up.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    where to download newest Gstservice 0.3.5 there is no link?
    on Application:Precorder - WebOS Internals is old one 0.3.3 and it is not working with precoreder 0.3.5
    are you using the latest version of webos quick install?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shaynedog78 View Post
    are you using the latest version of webos quick install?
    yes l have downloades that latest version and l install other app with out a problem
    Quote Originally Posted by kronos1 View Post
    yes l have downloades that latest version and l install other app with out a problem
    Use the terminal method. It's fool-proof and never fails.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Use the terminal method. It's fool-proof and never fails.
    PLease link or instructions how to do that?
    From WebOS Internals found by using google for "precorder"

Application:Precorder - WebOS Internals

Bootstrap Script

The easiest (and guaranteed to always be up to date) method of installing the latest packages via the precorder bootstrap script.

Just run the following commands on your Pre. You can get a command line either via the Terminal application in Preware, or by an SSH connection, or by using the Linux commandline window in WebOS Quick Install. The precorder bootstrap can also be re-run at any time to safely update Precorder to the latest alpha testing version.

mount -o remount,rw /
    rm -f precorder-bootstrap
    wget http://bit.ly/precorder-bootstrap
    sh precorder-bootstrap

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Yeah, the bootstrap was much easier than I thought it was.

By the way, in "mount -o remount,rw /"

There are no spaces in the "remount,rw" part. There is one after "rw" though. On my pre it was tough to tell.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Thanks for all the hard work. will be donating soon
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    From WebOS Internals found by using google for "precorder"

Application:Precorder - WebOS Internals

Bootstrap Script

The easiest (and guaranteed to always be up to date) method of installing the latest packages via the precorder bootstrap script.

Just run the following commands on your Pre. You can get a command line either via the Terminal application in Preware, or by an SSH connection, or by using the Linux commandline window in WebOS Quick Install. The precorder bootstrap can also be re-run at any time to safely update Precorder to the latest alpha testing version.

mount -o remount,rw /
    rm -f precorder-bootstrap
    wget http://bit.ly/precorder-bootstrap
    sh precorder-bootstrap
    Can u explain to me terminal method??
    Last edited by kronos1; 02/20/2010 at 06:28 AM. Reason: text change
    With the anticipation of 1.4 having video recording, do you only have to uninstall Precorder and GStreamer Services to remove Precorder?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramer84015 View Post
    With the anticipation of 1.4 having video recording, do you only have to uninstall Precorder and GStreamer Services to remove Precorder?
    Use Preware or WebOS Quick Install to remove them both.

Orange+Tap will not remove the service properly.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    So what's the development on Precorder now that WebOS v1.4 is out? Is it still going to be developed further as a competing video recording app, or is it going to just die?
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRQTekt View Post
    So what's the development on Precorder now that WebOS v1.4 is out? Is it still going to be developed further as a competing video recording app, or is it going to just die?
    "It's dead, Jim."

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Is there no chance this could become an audio only recorder? I've been after one for a while but none exist.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Catdaemon View Post
    Is there no chance this could become an audio only recorder? I've been after one for a while but none exist.
    Yes, if you could update it into an audio recorder, that would be nice.
    audio recorder would be SUPER! since we dont currently have one (other than that device testing trick)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catdaemon View Post
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRQTekt View Post
    Except that PreCorder's recording quality seems to be better. Instead of completely dying could some of it be rolled into Palm's video app to give us the choice of Higher Quality vs. Smaller File Size. Just a thought.