Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 374243444546474849 LastLast
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    This is probably the dumbest question I have ever asked on here but I'm hoping someone will enlighten me.

I just pulled all of my test Precorder videos off of my Pre and put them on my PC's hard drive. They are mp4's and play in QuickTime or iTunes. No problem. Except that all of the videos are sideways. ??? Did I do something wrong?

I took all of the videos by holding the Pre the regular/long/tall way. These videos also played on the Pre the regular/long/tall way. I'm guessing there is no landscape view when viewing these Precorder videos on the Pre...? It sure didn't kick in when watching them for me.

Anyway, with no viewfinder.....I'm getting confused. Am I supposed to be shooting these videos with the Pre turned sideways/landscape so I can view them normally? Otherwise, how am I supposed to be able to watch/use the video files if they all come out looking....well....sideways?

Like I said, probably an easy answer but I can't find anything on here about it, so....

Help...please?
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    OK. I Googled my question and it brought me to the correct pages in this thread. Apparently you DO need to hold the Pre sideways/landscape to get it to work correctly. Jeez, I can't believe that hasn't been mentioned more in this thread.

One more question if anyone would oblige....there's no way to get to these video files on the Pre to text or email them, is there? I sure can't find the files anywhere on my Pre.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Westmar View Post
    This is probably the dumbest question I have ever asked on here but I'm hoping someone will enlighten me.

I just pulled all of my test Precorder videos off of my Pre and put them on my PC's hard drive. They are mp4's and play in QuickTime or iTunes. No problem. Except that all of the videos are sideways. ??? Did I do something wrong?

I took all of the videos by holding the Pre the regular/long/tall way. These videos also played on the Pre the regular/long/tall way. I'm guessing there is no landscape view when viewing these Precorder videos on the Pre...? It sure didn't kick in when watching them for me.

Anyway, with no viewfinder.....I'm getting confused. Am I supposed to be shooting these videos with the Pre turned sideways/landscape so I can view them normally? Otherwise, how am I supposed to be able to watch/use the video files if they all come out looking....well....sideways?

Like I said, probably an easy answer but I can't find anything on here about it, so....

Help...please?

hold the phone sideways, as if you were watching a video on youtube. and remember not to cover the camera lens with your finger
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Westmar View Post
    OK. I Googled my question and it brought me to the correct pages in this thread. Apparently you DO need to hold the Pre sideways/landscape to get it to work correctly. Jeez, I can't believe that hasn't been mentioned more in this thread.

One more question if anyone would oblige....there's no way to get to these video files on the Pre to text or email them, is there? I sure can't find the files anywhere on my Pre.

email: make a new email, go to the attachments button on the bottom left corner, tap the video camera button. and find the video you want to send.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Thanks, link375. You are a gem.
    I finally got around to installing PreCorder (using the Terminal app and the toolchain script).

I tried to record a video before restarting, but it didn't seem to save it. I restarted, and it hung during the restart process, so I had to remove the battery. Then it hung during the startup process, so I had to remove the battery again. Finally, it started up fine the third time. No clue if this had anything to do with PreCorder, or if something else caused this.

After all that, it seems to work fine. I haven't tried recording anything long yet, but for little 20-30 second clips, it's A-OK.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to PreCorder
    Hmm...actually, it seems that PreWare is having issues now. I can't get any feed info, and it throws the error: "OnFeeds Error: TypeError: Cannot call method 'split' of undefined". It also throws this error again if I try to update or manage feeds.

This could be unrelated, but it could also (perhaps?) be caused by PreCorder adding itself to PreWare's applications list...any ideas? I guess I'll reinstall PreWare and the Package Manager Service.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lbgshi View Post
    Hmm...actually, it seems that PreWare is having issues now. I can't get any feed info, and it throws the error: "OnFeeds Error: TypeError: Cannot call method 'split' of undefined". It also throws this error again if I try to update or manage feeds.

This could be unrelated, but it could also (perhaps?) be caused by PreCorder adding itself to PreWare's applications list...any ideas? I guess I'll reinstall PreWare and the Package Manager Service.
    uninstall preware and the service using wosqi and then re-install them. Reboot the phone, run preware. Find the emergency migration tool in preware and run it. Do a luna restart ad your phone shouldn't have any problems
    Any word on when this will be in beta so its easier to get? I hope soon as all Pres are going to have video recording officially sometime in February.
    Yeah, I just reinstalled PreWare the Package Manager via WEBOSQI, and it seems to be fine now. PreCorder is still working, as well.
    @rkeller
    I doubt they would sink a bunch of time into this now that Palm's version with live-view is coming in a month. Once that's out I can see some speculation about changes that can be home-brewed - but if I was developing this i'd likely put things on hold for a month...
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenoum View Post
    @rkeller
    I doubt they would sink a bunch of time into this now that Palm's version with live-view is coming in a month. Once that's out I can see some speculation about changes that can be home-brewed - but if I was developing this i'd likely put things on hold for a month...
    Correct.

-- Rod
    i love the precorder now i am satisfied with my pre. Will donate this week.
    hypothetically, making a theme to replace the precorder "REC" icon in the launcher...

where is the directory location that the icon.png file is located? it seems ive looked everywhere!?

not in either /icons/3rdparty OR /usr/palm/applications

any thoughts would be amazing to my life
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    ON 1.3.5.2 EU gsm network palm pre,l am getting this error *recording faild org.webosinternals.gstservice is not running*

There is an icon in menu but when l git record video this pop up ?
    what is problem here if someone know?
    did you have installed thegstservice? It's needed by the recorde. Look in preware for it
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    i doctor my pre and cant seem to find precorder no where been lookn for hour can someone help me PRETTY PLEASE lol thanks
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    and the long discussion thread here:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ting-form.html
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Save the gstservice and and Precorder ipk's to your local computer.
    Install WebOS Quick Install
    Drag the gstservice IPK into the center of the WebOS Quick install window.
    Click the Install button.
    Drag the Precorder application ipk into the center of the WebOS Quick Install window.
    Click the install button

l have done all this and still same error