Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 36414243444546474849 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    ACC
    H.264/AVC
    mp4
    both
    high

THese above settings seem to work pretty consistently for me.. I was having the same issue as you before I changed it..

HOpe that helps.
    error, no playback. funny as I was able to use those settings earlier with pixelated quality and out of synch audio. Not worth the frustration.

I'll wait until it's out of beta.
    "Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off"
    Uninstalled the swipe to delete patch through WQI.

Uninstalled/reinstalled precorder, same probs. deleted all the zero kb files in the video folder, and tried again. Success! Working with AAC/H.264/AVC/mp4/both/high. If I get a 0kb file, it stops working again.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Is there any way to get this to record for more than just a couple of minutes? Even with the screen set to NEVER turn off...I cant get a viable video that is over a couple of minutes in length. Anything longer shows up in the Video folder (when viewed with Internalz) but wont open...what gives?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gack View Post
    Is there any way to get this to record for more than just a couple of minutes? Even with the screen set to NEVER turn off...I cant get a viable video that is over a couple of minutes in length. Anything longer shows up in the Video folder (when viewed with Internalz) but wont open...what gives?
    Please read thru the thread or go to the wiki page. It's an alpha app and it does have its limitations that include video length capability.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Given that Palm's going to make video capture (and sharing) part of WebOS in Feb. what does that mean for PreCorder? And I wonder how much of precorder, the palm developers "borrowed"...
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Given that Palm's going to make video capture (and sharing) part of WebOS in Feb. what does that mean for PreCorder? And I wonder how much of precorder, the palm developers "borrowed"...
    Precorder's probably gonna just die. At least all the devs' hard work lasted for a couple months.
    can I remove it like other apps or does it have to be removed via the terminal aswell?
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    can I remove it like other apps or does it have to be removed via the terminal aswell?
    You can get rid of it like any other app.
  9. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balderson View Post
    Precorder's probably gonna just die. At least all the devs' hard work lasted for a couple months.
    Hard work - Yes
    Precorder gonna die - probably so

Fact is they did it and without the ca$h that Palm invested. To me that is a triumph in ability. Way to go guys!
    Hey ive been trying to use precorder and everytime i try to play the last video recorded it says there was an error playing the file. anyone else have this problem or can tell me how to fix it?
    Thanks,
    Steven

after messing around with the prefrences for some reason it wouldnt play back if i didnt use the light but if i set the LED on high it plays back.. odd
    Last edited by misterchyme; 01/07/2010 at 09:01 PM. Reason: fixed it
    It's more like how much of the groundwork that Palm started to put in place in 1.3.1 was used by Precoder :-)

Precorder is basically an app that calls 5 or so Palm command line programs in the right order, and wraps that in a simple webOS app. The hard bit (which zsoc did) was working out which programs to call, and in which order.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It's more like how much of the groundwork that Palm started to put in place in 1.3.1 was used by Precoder :-)

Precorder is basically an app that calls 5 or so Palm command line programs in the right order, and wraps that in a simple webOS app. The hard bit (which zsoc did) was working out which programs to call, and in which order.

-- Rod
    Well I for one am very appreciative of the continuing efforts of our homebrew community, and look forward to their future endeavors.

<SLOW CLAP>
  13. Dew
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by draven76 View Post
    Well I for one am very appreciative of the continuing efforts of our homebrew community, and look forward to their future endeavors.

<SLOW CLAP>
    I second that.

I'd like to add that even if Precorder doesn't become a fully developed app because of this, I would at least like it to be tranformed into an audio recorder, which is still something the Pre doesn't have and I would like very much.

Besides 'Precorder' is too good a name not have a fully realised app.
    Staff Writer, Top10
    Twitter @Dew_Top10
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dew View Post
    I second that.

I'd like to add that even if Precorder doesn't become a fully developed app because of this, I would at least like it to be tranformed into an audio recorder, which is still something the Pre doesn't have and I would like very much.

Besides 'Precorder' is too good a name not have a fully realised app.
    audio is a good point. the app practically includes a voice recorder, but it's just caught up in the UI and the features the dev is aiming for with the video recorder. a standalone "precorder audio" app would be amazing, and certainly worth a donation to the developer...
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    I haven't used Precorder, since I'm not that savvy with tech stuff, but I have other patches installed. I agree, the homebrew community is what made the Pre what it is. Fun and a "new" phone every couple of days! Keep it up, everyone. Looking forward to the future!

<BUILDING CLAP TO MEDIUM PACE>
    <clap clap> Precorder is much appreciated! The devs that worked on this should be commended! You guys rock!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    <<STANDING OVATION>> from me goes out to all of the developers, with Rod being the first, followed by EVERYONE else. It has been amazing to see what you guys can do with very little and I know that there is nothing but better things coming..Keep it up developers, we will always need you!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    Ah, got you.

Where can I find Precorder's source code?
    Once the video app is release, is it possible that the precorder developers will be able to expand the resolution to full VGA instead of half VGA?

The woman in the Pre Plus demo said it would be expanded to full VGA but we dont know when that will be.
    Ah, got you.

Where can I find Precorder's source code?
    Same place as all webos-internals source code: git.webos-internals.org

-- Rod