Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3540414243444546474849 LastLast
    For the last 2 posts, check the preferences. This config works for me:,

Audio: AAC
    Video: MPEG-4
    Container: 3gp
    Media Source: Both
    Video Light: Low

Ok, those settings work. So we have a problem with the mp4 container setting then

Anyway, it works as advertised now. Thanks for the help

Proof is in the pudding: go over to vimeo.com and put /8554007 after the URL (thanks precentral anti-spam/link system)
    im trying to install the precorder , but im having this problem.. wget: bad address 'bit.ly' ... some advise?
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    im trying to install the precorder , but im having this problem.. wget: bad address 'bit.ly' ... some advise?
    mount -o remount,rw /
    rm -f precorder-bootstrap
    wget http://bit.ly/precorder-bootstrap
    sh precorder-bootstrap

Make sure you are typing it correctly...The link is good...
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    mount -o remount,rw /
    rm -f precorder-bootstrap
    wget http://bit.ly/precorder-bootstrap
    sh precorder-bootstrap

Make sure you are typing it correctly...The link is good...
    thanks man ...now work!
    hmmm, my videos dont open... they just load and load and load...
    Any word of it working on the palm pixi yet?
    Using 1.3.5 and report error playback when using the mp4 container.....3gp seems to be the only consistent container working at the moment. H.234 works and Mpeg4......but H.234 has better quality recording (no pixelation)
    Mine wont record no matter what setting i use.
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    I try to update to v0.3.5 and i get this error:

failed to download org.webosinternals.gstservice_0.3.5_armv7.ipk

I deleted the current v0.3.3 and try it again and i get the same error .. i am running WebOs1.3.5.1
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by showmrock View Post
    Using 1.3.5 and report error playback when using the mp4 container.....3gp seems to be the only consistent container working at the moment. H.234 works and Mpeg4......but H.234 has better quality recording (no pixelation)
    I think it's 264, but the quality definitely is better. Good call.
    worked great after install, 5-6 vids taken with MP3/MPEG4/mp4/both/high. Then I fiddled with the settings and it stopped working. It either doesnt write a file, or it never opens the file to play once it does write the file. Only other change between working and not was the swipe to delete videos patch.

Now I cannot remove the swipe to delete patch, OR the gstreamer service. Argh.
    I installed via command line without any problem, tried to test it, hit record, says recording, click stop, click launch last video, launches as if it were going to play back but says "Error There was an error playing back the file. has a back button....thats all.

Installed succesfully, but no playback. This was on 1.3.5, and i updated to 1.3.5.1, same.

Any thoughts?
    "Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off"
    Yeah, look at my post above, its the settings. something about the .mp4 container. tinker with them and it should work.
    Quote Originally Posted by dietrichmd View Post
    Yeah, look at my post above, its the settings. something about the .mp4 container. tinker with them and it should work.
    not sure if your reply was idrected to me, but in anycase i changed to 3gp, same error.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtorres View Post
    not sure if your reply was idrected to me, but in anycase i changed to 3gp, same error.
    Doyou have my tether installed.?.........uninstall it...if you do...there are other methods to there are other if you really need it...
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    Doyou have my tether installed.?.........uninstall it...if you do...there are other methods to there are other if you really need it...
    no, i don't have it installed. I just deleted the precorder, going to install again and see.
    Well, got the o.35 installed, will only work on AAC, MPEG4 & mp4, and video quality is not all that great, sound looks like a kung ** movie waaaaay out of synch.

I got it to work a time or two on AAC, MPEG4 & agp, did several tests and the results are inconsistant, sometimes it records, and sometimes even in the same setting it doesnt....and sometimes it stops recording after a few seconds.

Nice try, good to see at least video recording to some degree was acomplished. Anyways, just posting this so developers can hear the feedback for improvements.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    ACC
    H.264/AVC
    mp4
    both
    high

THese above settings seem to work pretty consistently for me.. I was having the same issue as you before I changed it..

HOpe that helps.
    after the 1.3.5 update my precorder was still working .. it weirdly didnt stop working until the 1.3.5.1 update - this morning I was unable to update precorder either through the linux command line or wosqi - finally i removed it completely and attempted several re-installs. Both ways I received an error ( regarding the mount line ) that said there was no communication/response -however after doing it a couple times through wosqi it finally added it to the pre -

1 thing I noticed - the 1st video i take never works, and it never seems to work if I open the camera and take a picture, and then open precorder to record - both times I had to do a phone restart in order to get precorder working again

the settings I have consistently used are:

AAC
    H.264/AVC
    MP4
    Both
    High and Medium
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it