Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 343940414243444546474849 LastLast
    How do you install it using the Terminal app on the PrPrPr&#$275$;? $I$ $have$ $one$ $on$ $my$ $phone$ $but$ $it$ $claims$ $it$'$s$ $version$ $3$.$1$. $So$ $I$ $just$ $wanted$ $to$ $install$ $the$ $new$ $one$ $or$ $if$ $someone$ $knows$ $what$ $I$ $have$ $to$ $type$ $into$ $the$ $Terminal$ $app$, $I$'$d$ $appreciate$ $it$. $But$ $could$ $you$ $write$ $it$ $out$ $instead$ $of$ $that$ $box$ $thing$. $I$ $can$ $see$ $the$ $whole$ $code$ $with$ $my$ $Pr$&#$275$;. $Thanks$!!

**EDIT: I figured it out:
    HOW TO INSTALL PRECORDER!!

mount -o remount,rw /
    rm -f precorder-bootstrap
    wget http://bit.ly/precorder-bootstrap
    sh precorder-bootstrap

There you go! =)**
    Last edited by Prince_Basil; 01/02/2010 at 11:41 PM.
    you guys are awesome once this is ready i will be definately getting this ive had the pre since it came out and the thing that constantly keeps dissappointing me is no video recorder. im so pump you guys rock
    yeah it's not working I keep getting an error when I'm trying to play the video idk what's going on I don't think it's recording¤
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    I'm trying to install via QS and keep getting an error when installing the org.webosinternals.gstservice_0.3.5_armv7.ipk

Do I have the wrong file?

It says "check spelling or perhaps run an ipkg update". Where do I run an ipkg update?

Sorry, folks. This stuff is pretty confusing...usually I can get things to work....but I'm no developer, which is why I'm using QS. The other method is not explained very well on here.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Looks like I'm not the only one having this problem. It's just that no one has a good answer on how to fix this.
  6. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Install terminal service plugin, then terminal, then use the bootstrap method in post 861.
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    i got the precorder on my pre but when i record it doesn't save it or something and says there is an error with file when i tap the luanch last video thing. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!
    Quote Originally Posted by slverfoxlover View Post
    i got the precorder on my pre but when i record it doesn't save it or something and says there is an error with file when i tap the luanch last video thing. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!
    Try going to Preferences and changing video format to MPEG-4. Worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by slverfoxlover View Post
    I'm getting consistent performance using the following preferences: AAC, MPEG-4, 3GP, Both, and Low. However, sometimes the first attempt doesn't take.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rpr View Post
    Install terminal service plugin, then terminal, then use the bootstrap method in post 861.

I wish I knew how to do the bootstrap method. I guess I don't understand how to do it. I guess I'm Alpha-stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Westmar View Post
    I wish I knew how to do the bootstrap method. I guess I don't understand how to do it. I guess I'm Alpha-stupid.
    Don't let the name scare you. You are essentially at a DOS prompt on the C drive and entering the commands (except it's Linux)
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    Don't let the name scare you. You are essentially at a DOS prompt on the C drive and entering the commands (except it's Linux)
    Well, I have Terminal on my Pre, I'm in Developer Mode, I'm typing in the commands, but nothing is happening. Do I hit the ENTER button on my Pre after each line? Because the way the commands are listed on this page, above, it looks like 4 separate commands.

Like I said, it's been a long time since I've done ANYTHING DOS related....and Linux is completely foreign to me. I'm guessing I'm entering these commands wrong or something.....?
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Westmar View Post
    Well, I have Terminal on my Pre, I'm in Developer Mode, I'm typing in the commands, but nothing is happening. Do I hit the ENTER button on my Pre after each line? Because the way the commands are listed on this page, above, it looks like 4 separate commands.

Like I said, it's been a long time since I've done ANYTHING DOS related....and Linux is completely foreign to me. I'm guessing I'm entering these commands wrong or something.....?
    If you are running terminal on your pre thatn you should be golden to install precorder
    Tyep the following and hit return after every command

mount -o remount,rw /
    rm -f precorder-bootstrap
    wget http://bit.ly/precorder-bootstrap
    sh precorder-bootstrap

you mihg tget an error on "rm -f precorder-bootstrap" but that is ok

have fun...
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    I finally got it to work this time. I mustve been typing something in wrong before. Thank you, navinag for helping me confirm exactly what I should be doing. I now feel confident in doing something like this.
    If this has been done prviously in the 40 or so pages of this thread, sorry, but could somebody run though ALL of the various video and sound options to explain why you might use one over the other or what each is best for?
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    If this has been done prviously in the 40 or so pages of this thread, sorry, but could somebody run though ALL of the various video and sound options to explain why you might use one over the other or what each is best for?
    Currently, not every option is working. That notwithstanding, the choice of format depends on how you intend to use the output, since not every program supports every format.

Found the following on wikipedia:

Comparison of audio formats - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Comparison of video codecs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I installed jus as wiki explained through terminal and it works great! Thanks this is awesome!!!
    i have installed the precorder on my phone and it worked great the first couple times....then all of a sudden, i started getting the error saying that there was something wrong with the file, also when i recorded things i couldn't find the recordings. Well i have found them, for some reason they are saving to my music folder and i cannot play them at all....any help?
    Last edited by Big Tom 50; 01/05/2010 at 07:38 AM. Reason: wanted to clarify myself more
    Well, I had precorder working from its initial release, up until around 1.3.5 update came down from palm.

Now, it shows that it is recording video, and when I press view video, it opens the video app and displays an error of cannot open file or some nonsense like that.

Having said that, I have uninstalled the app from my pre, and re-installed using the bootstrap method, as it seems to work the best. Nope. still no video.

Uninstalled again, and tried through WebOS QI and the same thing, no video.

So here is what we got: Video attempts to record it looks like (a file placeholder is present). The file is 0 bytes in size. (see screenshots).

any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dietrichmd; 01/05/2010 at 08:35 AM. Reason: added file info
    Got mine working. Make sure you guys put spaces in the command where they belong. Also after I installed precorder through terminal, I enter the "wget" command and everything after it again. Then it worked properly. Be sure to enter each command line seperatly, and hit enter after each command input. If it doesn't work the first time, try it again. You may have typed something incorrectly.