Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 303536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Precorder working great for me after 1.3.5 update. I didn't uninstall and reinstall anything, it's just working.
    Quick question whats new in 3.4? I just randomly went on the terminal app and did sh precorder-bootstrap

when i hit enter it asked if i wanted to install 3.4 gst service and 3.4 app

i see nothing different, am i wrong?
    0.3.4 is out guys
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Change View Post
    Precorder working great for me after 1.3.5 update. I didn't uninstall and reinstall anything, it's just working.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dannydos View Post
    +1
    not for me...i havent been able to record one single video successfully
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    not for me...i havent been able to record one single video successfully
    what is it saying? or what is it not doing besides not recording?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannydos View Post
    what is it saying? or what is it not doing besides not recording?
    when i click on record and then stop recording and then i click on play last recording it just opens the file and says error cannot play ....
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

mines is saying.......recording failed: org.webosinternals.gstservice is not running.... but i dont have the latest updated link for it... i have the first version thats on the wiki page i believe
    im on 0.2.3 version.....can somebody post the latest link fo download..please
    Same problem here. Not sure what to do because I downloaded the 3.3 file and have installed it several times. But with me, I had to do a partial reset because the app catalog wasn't working and this was the only way it would work again. After that, precorder didn't seem to work at all.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Not working here too. Tried updating to 3.4 it would say recording but not actually record anything no file, nothing. Uninstalled via quick install and tried reinstalling 3.3 and no luck says gstreamer service not running tried rebooting still no luck.
    when i click on record and then stop recording and then i click on play last recording it just opens the file and says error cannot play ....
    have u looked in the video app section to see if your videos have saved?
    this is how i got it to work..i used webosQI and added .3.3 ipk file and the 0.2.3 gstservice ipk file
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Change View Post
    +1 here too
    Precorder has not worked for me since 1.3.5. This I am okay with, I'm simply posting to inform on what I'm encountering and my experiences so that maybe they help others. So we all can get to the bottom of this.

- I did not uninstall precorder prior to to update of 1.3.1 to 1.3.5
    - Precorder was working before on 1.3.1
    - I've uninstalled and reinstalled in 3 different ways
    -first through WOSQI Linux Terminal
    -second via WOSQI and manually downloaded .ipk files
    -third manually typing the commands in via the WebOS Terminal App (this method yielded the 3.4 version mentioned above)

All installation methods generate the same result. The application appears to work fine but when I open up my Videos App it is always empty. It's like the video never actually saves. I've tried various encoding settings in the app, nothing makes a difference.

I'm at a loss at what to try next.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    i dont see how there could be a big difference between 3.3 and 3.4 its only a 4 or 5 kb difference
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

Click To See My Themes

If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com
    0.3.4 is out guys
    0.3.4 is simply a fix that I did to the postinstall script so that it installs in the correct place for webOS 1.3.5 and starts the service running.

There are no functional changes to either the service or the front-end app.

And it doesn't work for me on webOS 1.3.5

Sorry to disappoint. I'm looking at it now to see whether it can be fixed or not.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 12/30/2009 at 05:34 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Precorder 0.3.5 released - it will work as well on 1.3.5 as it did on 1.3.1 - there are no functional improvements other than making it work.

This was an interesting one. If you had Precorder installed before updating to webOS 1.3.5, and the Palm migration code had *not* migrated GstService (e.g. you hadn't tried to install anything from the app catalog yet, so you hadn't needed to use the Emergency Migration Helper), then Precorder would have still been working.

If you had installed Precorder 0.3.3 or 0.3.4 *after* updating to webOS 1.3.5, or the Palm migration code *had* migrated GstService to the new application storage area, then it would have stopped working. Precorder 0.3.5 makes it work again.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Thanks, fwiw hv updated to 0.3.5 while on 1.3.1 waiting for 1.3.5 gsm
    Still working
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Thanks, fwiw hv updated to 0.3.5 while on 1.3.1 waiting for 1.3.5 gsm
    Still working
    Yep, I wouldn't want to break it for those who have GSM phones (including myself).

-- Rod