Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 293435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dmac250 View Post
    recording..with no problem,. i used webosquick install ....i still got that error message but opened the app anyways..played around with the settings and now somehow it says recording. just tried it out and it worked perfectly...

my settings are....aac/mpeg-4/mp4/both/off
    is it playing back though? Mine says recording but when I check the videos folder nothing is there...
    Same issue here. "Cannot find" error.
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyq9c View Post
    is it playing back though? Mine says recording but when I check the videos folder nothing is there...
    One of the 2 pre's updated to 1.3.5 is giving this error above. THe other one c/o gstservice not running despite multiple install/reboots
    Mine says recording...took a couple times of rebooting and just playing around with the controls.....now it puts my videos in the proper place and i can view them...make sure u shoot for more than 4 seconds...i found that it does not really save unless you record for at least that amount of time. I have been watching playback and playing around with it all day since then...will upload videos if possible later tonight or so. I should also indicate that i did get the new update this morning so that isnt the issue i dont think...just takes some patience and time to play around with it...it will work eventually.
    When I press "new record" it says " 'recording failed: org.webosinternals.gstservice is not running'. " CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME what the heck ITS DOING?!?!
    Last edited by andrewliner2433; 12/29/2009 at 04:47 PM.
    IT SUCKS i WENT THROUGH SO MUCH TROUBLE TO GET IT WITH DOWNLOADING LIKE 10 THINGS AND IT DOESNT EVEN WORK!!
    I changed all the settings and that didnt work either!
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewliner2433 View Post
    IT SUCKS i WENT THROUGH SO MUCH TROUBLE TO GET IT WITH DOWNLOADING LIKE 10 THINGS AND IT DOESNT EVEN WORK!!
    Do you not realize what "alpha" release software means? Give the community a break. The webos-internals develoopers were gracious enough to let this out for public download and use at your own varying success.
    When I press "new record" it says " 'recording failed: org.webosinternals.gstservice is not running'. " CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME what the heck ITS DOING?!?!
    Just installing the service isn't enough, you have to reboot your phone to start the service. Try that and post here again if you're still getting the same error, without capslock please
    Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    Just installing the service isn't enough, you have to reboot your phone to start the service. Try that and post here again if you're still getting the same error, without capslock please
    I installed the service... reset the phone... and it still tells me that it isnt running when I try to record a video. Any advice?

Oh, I am installing via webOS Quick Install
    Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    yeah, we've tried rebooting - does yours work? From what I figure, there's something in gstservice that must be throwing an error with either webos 1.3.5 or more likely the newest package manager, cuz with the old package manager I had it running briefly under webos 1.3.5.
    Maybe so. I didn't update to the new package manager.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Here's what I get when trying to install precorder-- this is the last step of the bootstrap install:

root@palm-webos-device: sh precorder-bootstrap
    Starting installation...
    Mounting the root file system read-write: OK
    Installing org.webosinternal.gstservice v0.3.3: FAILED
    Failed to install /tmp/org.webosinternals.gstservice_0.3.3_armv7.ipk

Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Andrew, way to support the hardworking people who are working off donations to get this working FOR YOU. This is not a program written by Palm, but by people who are hobbyists.

If you don't like it, make something better yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrok View Post
    Andrew, way to support the hardworking people who are working off donations to get this working FOR YOU. This is not a program written by Palm, but by people who are hobbyists.

If you don't like it, make something better yourself.
    I agree. I'm seriously sick of the whiners. Sometimes all the negativity and sense of entitlement makes me want to unplug.... and I do!

In a perfect world somehow the whiners would automatically be excluded from the community effort.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrok View Post
    Hmm... He downloaded "like 10 things!" I wonder how many hours the developer behind this app has spend on it thus far -- only to have Palm break something that he has to go back and sort out a new fix for. Some people apparently have no idea what it takes to actually create something for a platform that keeps changing, provide it as a courtesy to others, and then take heat for it. CLUE UP!
    EDIT: Never mind, problem persists. It insists it can't find the ipk file during install.
    Last edited by Atomic Playboy; 12/29/2009 at 08:55 PM.
    I loaded the precorder ipk after getting the same error everyone is getting with the gstservice and it loaded fine onto the phone....
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Thanks for the great apha. It work great until the webos 1.3.5 trojan destoyed it as well as a lot of other apps. I may revert back to 1.3.1 just to continue to use precorder as well as several other apps that appeared to be more stable on the previous version. If you haven't gotten wind of it yet, the error states that gstservice is not running.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    hehe andrew downloaded 10 things? seriously? it took like 10 seconds to download 3 files. and 10 more seconds to install them. thanks guys now just hoping it'll fix with this palm update