Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
  1. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pardoe View Post
    I read the wiki and have a question
    I dont think its possible now because of the lack of acess to the camera app but if in the future we still dont have this would you be able (if I understood the wiki right) have a switch on the camera app going from camera to video
    in the wiki it said there is one pipe that is being used just by having the recording app
    but if you have a switch like the iphone so go back and forth would that work?
    Currently it's impossible to have a viewfinder. Until there is a way to fork the pipe, it can only be used for one thing at a time. That's why when you snap a picture in the camera app the viewfinder quits working. Because it is being used to take the picture.

You could have a viewfinder, but it would only work while you're not recording video.
    Has 1.3.5 added anything to progress this project further than it has so far?
    Help us pixi users!
    Precorder doesn't work with 1.3.5 right?
    worked for me too
    AWESOME to here that!!
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I am trying to install it on 1.3.5 and get errors using the sh script
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danstah View Post
    I am trying to install it on 1.3.5 and get errors using the sh script
    Me too, haven't sent the log yet though.

Looks like its failing on installing the service.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Here is the log
    Code:
    Mounting the root file system read-write:
    OK
    Checking org.webosinternals.gstservice version
    Connecting to ipkg.preware.org (140.211.169.177:80)
    org.webosinternals.P 100% |***********************************************************************************************************************|   977  --:--:-- ETA
    INSTALLED:
    PKG_VER_CURRENT: 0.3.3
    Installing org.webosinternals.gstservice v0.3.3:
    org.webosinternals.g 100% |***********************************************************************************************************************| 16840  --:--:-- ETA
    Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=org.webosinternals.gstservice (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2)
    An error ocurred, return value: 4.
    Collected errors:
    Cannot find package org.webosinternals.gstservice.
    Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'
    ERROR: Failed to install /tmp/org.webosinternals.gstservice_0.3.3_armv7.ipk
    Mounting the root file system read-only:
    OK
    Code:
    Mounting the root file system read-write:
    OK
    Checking org.webosinternals.gstservice version
    org.webosinternals.P 100% |***************************************************|   977  --:--:-- ETA
    INSTALLED:
    PKG_VER_CURRENT: 0.3.3
    Installing org.webosinternals.gstservice v0.3.3:
    org.webosinternals.g 100% |***************************************************| 16840  00:00:00 ETA
    Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=org.webosinternals.gstservice (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2)
    An error ocurred, return value: 4.
    Collected errors:
    Cannot find package org.webosinternals.gstservice.
    Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'
    ERROR: Failed to install /tmp/org.webosinternals.gstservice_0.3.3_armv7.ipk
    Mounting the root file system read-only:
    OK
    Same problem here
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
    Im having problems installing Precorder on my devise. Note: Precorder worked fine before i updated to 1.3.5. However, after my update i cant seem to get this thing to work. I tried using QI.. I even tried bootstrap.. I followed the wiki instruction. What is the problem? I keep getting a gstservice not running message on my pre. Idea's anyone
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    it worked for me!
    Im having problems installing Precorder on my devise. Note: Precorder worked fine before i updated to 1.3.5. However, after my update i cant seem to get this thing to work. I tried using QI.. I even tried bootstrap.. I followed the wiki instruction. What is the problem? I keep getting a gstservice not running message on my pre. Idea's anyone
    No workie here....I'll be patient.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragsdalemyron View Post
    Hmm, same problem here now. It worked before as I just did an update OTA and everything was OK with precorder. But since I had the app catalog issue and I did a partial reset I can no longer install precorder

Anyone who's WebOS Doctor'd their phone or done a partial/hard reset - I suspect you will keep getting a gstservice not running message when trying to record. I used WebOS QI 2.96 to uninstall and re-install it
    is driving me nuts
    recording..with no problem,. i used webosquick install ....i still got that error message but opened the app anyways..played around with the settings and now somehow it says recording. just tried it out and it worked perfectly...

my settings are....aac/mpeg-4/mp4/both/off
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dmac250 View Post
    recording..with no problem,. i used webosquick install ....i still got that error message but opened the app anyways..played around with the settings and now somehow it says recording. just tried it out and it worked perfectly...

my settings are....aac/mpeg-4/mp4/both/off
    did you reboot or anything after changing the settings. I tried your post and still not working for me.
    definitely borked. I've tried webOS QI method as it worked before for me. Now tried uninstalling and using linux commandline and I get:

root@palm-webos-device: mount -o remount,rw / rm -f precorder-bootstrap wget http://bit.ly/precorder-bootstrap
    Connecting to bit.ly (128.121.254.201:80)

precorder-bootstrap 0% | | 0 --:--:-- ETA
    precorder-bootstrap 100% |*******************************| 6627 --:--:-- ETA
    root@palm-webos-device: sh precorder-bootstrap
    Starting installation...
    Mounting the root file system read-write: OK
    Installing org.webosinternal.gstservice v0.3.3: FAILED
    Failed to install /tmp/org.webosinternals.gstservice_0.3.3_armv7.ipk
    root@palm-webos-device: