I took this at a rave with my palm pre

sorry its a bit shaky, but the pre takes some good quality video
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by link375 View Post

Wow, that brings back some memories.
    Please help us Pixi users out, it seems like A LOT of us have the same problem. I record videos and when I go to "launch last video" it gives me an error message about playing it...

Thanks ahead of time!
    Since there's no viewfinder. How about using that blank area for links of videos recorded. Like in PalmOs "SoundRec" app. You would record a few things then if you wanted to play a particular Recording all you'd do is click on the file that was right in front of you. It would be cool to also be able to rename the file so you'd know what you have recorded rather than just a date and time.
    I think the best upgrade to this app would be to create it's very own video app to play videos, send videos, management videos, and possible edit videos. It would be a huge project, but I'm just putting out my own thoughts. Anyways. Excellent app. It's crazy what our developers can do, even without all the info that is needed to do it. That's why I stick to Palm. We have to brightest smartest communities. We ask for the impossible, because we've seen what we thought was impossible made. It just blows my mine. Thanks you all.
    great idea! sevenlkl@yahoo.com
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Damnnn it sounds great too, not like the thousands of concert recordings on crappy phones.

be careful that one of those people doing the lights shows doesnt smack your pre outta your hands!!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I just installed this today and so far it works great. I'd like to thank the developers for creating something that has been in other smart phones for years, also shame on Palm for not including it.
    I'm wondering if in the blank area if an instance of the regular camera app could be shown so there would be a viewfinder. I'm sure this has already been thought of but i didn't see it anywhere.
    I installed it correctly on my palm pixi. But it's not working. It says error for any video i try to watch after i record. And I don't believe there saving. Please help!
    ohh crap guys the other day it was my dads bday and i recorded using this app it showed it was recording after finishin the recording wen i went to play it in videos it wasnt there means that it jsut didnt record im quite upset ;-(
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    great idea! sevenlkl@yahoo.com
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by garryb View Post
    ohh crap guys the other day it was my dads bday and i recorded using this app it showed it was recording after finishin the recording wen i went to play it in videos it wasnt there means that it jsut didnt record im quite upset ;-(
    remember you can't always rely on this software its still alpha...I use it on a regular basis but I always tell myself...I doubt its going to record...and if it records perfect...if it doesn't uh we'll you know...its awesome if it works if not ***** happens
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    IF you haven't used the Precorder in a while. You will need to first open the app up and record a short 5 sec. video, then you can record your video.

IF you have used the Precorder within 24 hours, then all you need to do is open the app and leave it at the first screen. Then open your Videos App and watch a video for 10 seconds. Close Videos app and go back to Precorder app, you shouls then be able to record with no issues.

My wish for any updates would be the ability to relabel video titles instead of the long date and time stamp. Or shorten the date/time stamp.

Thanks!
    just a thought but the camera app shows a "realtime viewfinder" before you snap a picture and it shows the world realtime without any lag. Could such functionality be ported to the video recorder? O/w this app works great!! The launch last video button is a bit buggy but use the video app instead to view
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    just a thought but the camera app shows a "realtime viewfinder" before you snap a picture and it shows the world realtime without any lag. Could such functionality be ported to the video recorder? O/w this app works great!! The launch last video button is a bit buggy but use the video app instead to view
    If you read the wiki page, you'll already know the answer to your question.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Works great for an alpha. I'm very impressed that finally some useful basic applications are starting to show up for the pre. Great work! My hopes next are for voice dialing or something of the sort.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I read the wiki and have a question
    I dont think its possible now because of the lack of acess to the camera app but if in the future we still dont have this would you be able (if I understood the wiki right) have a switch on the camera app going from camera to video
    in the wiki it said there is one pipe that is being used just by having the recording app
    but if you have a switch like the iphone so go back and forth would that work?
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

Click To See My Themes

If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com
    Just a question. With 1.35 coming out today. Do I need to uninstall precorder and gstservice before I install 1.35 or can I leave it in there? Does anyone know?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I would think that yes you would have to, because the developers have to make sure that its works with 1.3.5.