Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hardrocker488 View Post
    It seems I am having a problem where it records something but it doesn't show up in the videos app. When I touch "Play Last video" on the precorder it app it says it can't read the file.

So I plugged my pre into my laptop and brought up the USB Video folder and I'll see the file in there but it won't play as well. I'm not sure whats wrong.
    Did you use My Tether recently. Try this, Open up your camera app (not Precorder). If you see a black screen or blinking screen, then the "Patch WebOS For WiFi Tethering" is still running." Just go to options and disable it.

If you don't have Tethering installed or haven't been running it, then I'm not sure whats wrong. Try reseting it if you haven't already.

Another reason is if you have Precorder open for too long, like 30 minutes without using it, then it will do that. Which is kinda of irritating cause I once was trying to record a bench press milestone and it didn't catch it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Just noticed...when I installed via terminal, it showed "installing Precorder 0.3.3" However, if I ORANGE-Tap precorder, it's listed as v0.3.1. Is this just an oversight or am I running 0.3.1?
    Just a typo. If it says 3.1 it really is 3.3.
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenlkl@yahoo.com View Post
    Just a typo. If it says 3.1 it really is 3.3.
    That's what I thought...just checking and posting incase someone else happens upon this thread with the same question.
    I have a pixi I install all the specific stuff and then when i record and try to watch the last played video there is a error trying to play the file. Help?

Quote Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
    I have a pixi I install all the specific stuff and then when i record and try to watch the last played video there is a error trying to play the file. Help?

How long is the recording?

Did you use My Tether recently? Try this, Open up your camera app (not Precorder). If you see a black screen or blinking screen, then the "Patch WebOS For WiFi Tethering" is still running." Just go to options and disable it.

If you don't have Tethering installed or haven't been running it, then I'm not sure whats wrong. Try reseting it if you haven't already.

Another reason is if you have Precorder open for too long, like 30 minutes without using it, then it will do that. Which is kinda of irritating cause I once was trying to record a bench press milestone and it didn't catch it.
    i keep getting an error message after i go to play my video that i recorded
    Quote Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post

Sorry to say I am not aware of anyone getting the program to work on a Pixi. I also installed the version 6 file and no go. I get the same error as you.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hypeazzchico View Post
    i keep getting an error message after i go to play my video that i recorded
    make sure the video is at least longer than 5 seconds.
    I love these forums.
    Just curious...is there specific goals or acheivements that the Precorder developement comunity is trying to meet that graduates Precorder to a beta level?
    so no updates yet or soon?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    so no updates yet or soon?
    What update are you expecting?

It's been said before that any type of viewfinder functionality is a very very very difficult task, so you can expect it will take an equally long time to achieve. What other things are people expecting apart from a viewfinder?

I see only one outstanding ticket in {3} Active Tickets by Milestone €“ Precorder, so if there are other bugs that people are experiencing, they will need to be reported with enough debug information for the developers to reproduce and then enter the verified problem into the bug tracking system.

Remember that everyone in this thread is an alpha tester, and is therefore expected to be able to give high quality bug reports with sufficient detail for anyone else to reproduce the problem and have second and third people verify and confirm the issue so that the developers know that it's something that should be looked at, rather than just an individual user error or strange user configuration or non-standard environement (e.g. a user who is running some CPU speed modification patch, or who is running a MyTether program with a respawn problem).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

It's been said before that any type of viewfinder functionality is a very very very difficult task, so you can expect it will take an equally long time to achieve. What other things are people expecting apart from a viewfinder?

I see only one outstanding ticket in {3} Active Tickets by Milestone – Precorder, so if there are other bugs that people are experiencing, they will need to be reported with enough debug information for the developers to reproduce and then enter the verified problem into the bug tracking system.

Remember that everyone in this thread is an alpha tester, and is therefore expected to be able to give high quality bug reports with sufficient detail for anyone else to reproduce the problem and have second and third people verify and confirm the issue so that the developers know that it's something that should be looked at, rather than just an individual user error or strange user configuration or non-standard environement (e.g. a user who is running some CPU speed modification patch, or who is running a MyTether program with a respawn problem).

-- Rod
    I understand about the viewfinder...sorry I wasn't specific...anyways like everyone else the only problem is that it tends to record perfectly 50% of the time that's all
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    I understand about the viewfinder...sorry I wasn't specific...anyways like everyone else the only problem is that it tends to record perfectly 50% of the time that's all
    Well, if it's "like everyone else" then it should be fairly straight-forward for the community (not the developers) to determine what the pattern is, and create a reproducible test case ...

It's alpha software, so there will be bugs - no-one denies that.

But unless there is a repeatable test case for each bug that fails every time that the developer can use to debug it on his machine, then it's unlikely transitory or intermittent bugs will be fixed quickly.

So, who in the community of alpha testers will take up the lead on identifying repeatable test cases for all these problem reports? Who will be the "Triage Meister" for Precorder?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I would like to echo what others are reporting, but with a little more detail. I find that if I launch precorder and then try to record, it fails to record, no matter how long. However, if I open the videos and watch a video first and then use precorder to record, it will almost always successfully record. This has been my experience since installing 0.2.3. I never installed the 0.3.0 version but did upgrade to 0.3.3 today. It seems that if I try to record more than 2min, the video will always fail to record. The longest video I have recorded is 1min 52sec. However, I have recorded for 30-40sec before and had it fail to record as well. There doesn't seem to be any real behavior or specific steps that I can lock the fail to record issue to, it's purely hit or miss. However, I always have to watch a video before I can initially start to record a video in almost all cases.

If there is anything specific you would like me to try and then record my results, I would be happy to do so.

As an additional note, I do not use tethering at all. I have installed hacks and patches but I have never rooted my phone.
    Last edited by cloak.n.dagger; 12/15/2009 at 09:13 PM.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

I see only one outstanding ticket in {3} Active Tickets by Milestone – Precorder, so if there are other bugs that people are experiencing, they will need to be reported with enough debug information for the developers to reproduce and then enter the verified problem into the bug tracking system.

-- Rod
    I would also like to see more available output filetypes if thats possible. Something a little more standardized, so I can watch the videos on my computer just by copying them over.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    @rwhitby - If it helps, I've attached screenshots from my pixi install.

I installed via terminal on the pixi and restarted the phone. I've opened up precorder and have taken several video shoots around 5-10 seconds each time. No videos show up in my video library and get an error when I click on the Launch Last Video button.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink
    Last edited by JROME3SA; 12/15/2009 at 09:58 PM. Reason: updated pic link
    i'm gettin the same problem
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I think I am going to revert back to .10. Is that the correct 1st version #?
    That version seemed more stable. Versions since then seem to be not as reliable for successfully recording videos. Anyone else agree? Any reason not to go back to .10?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I recorded 39 videos of my daughter skateboarding today with no bugs whatsoever. The only thing I noticed was when I started to record the first one, I was listening to music and it didn't want to record/save. All I had to do was turn off my music and restart the precorder and it recorded without a hitch. Getting pretty good at recording without the view finder, too.

This is the first version as I haven't yet figured out how to get the updates.

Thanks for a great app!