Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 973
  1. #641  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    thank you for providing the ipk files for us but in my opinion typing in sh precorder-bootstrap is a very easy to use command....it does the downloading and upating for you...you don't even have to restart...just saying
    Yes but it wasn't working for me...I had to let the palm work overnight for the script to end. I was using QI...the only linux command I know...
  2. #642  
    Quote Originally Posted by turbobo View Post
    Yes but it wasn't working for me...I had to let the palm work overnight for the script to end. I was using QI...the only linux command I know...
    that's weird...that script updates it in like 5-10 seconds...you mustve typed it wrong
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  3. simba65's Avatar
    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #643  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibfib View Post
    Do this:

    rm -f precorder-bootstrap

    then:

    wget http://bit.ly/precorder-bootstrap

    And then:

    sh precorder-bootstrap
    This worked great for me.. Thanks Tibfib..

    sh precorder-bootstrap alone didn't work for me. Probably because I removed 0.3.0 first.
  4. #644  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Has anyone tested it on a Pixi yet?

    The bootstrap script should work for both the Pre and the Pixi, since we separately packaged the service for both armv6 (Pixi) and armv7 (Pre).

    -- Rod
    Plese add these comments to the first post regarding the armv7 & armv6 ipk files. There is a post that gives the d-load link for the armv6 file which you say is for the Pixi, not the Pre. But the post does not make that determination. I don't know if there is a difference, or if it's just to seperate possible future code changes based on the phone type.
    Thanks for all the hard work.
    RT
    BTW, the Post that only mentioned armv6 I have copied below...

    ================================
    Do you want the ipk files? ;-)

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Ok, the bootstrap script was a way to long process for my Pre (I don't know why...).
    So I wanted the ipk file, I digged and I found the ipk files 0.3.3

    Install Gstservice first, then precorder, then reset the Pre and enjoy

    Don't forget the Thanks button

    Gstservice 0.3.3 (link removed)

    Precorder 0.3.3 (link removed)
  5. #645  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    that's weird...that script updates it in like 5-10 seconds...you mustve typed it wrong
    No, there is something wrong with the Linux commandline in WebOS Quick Install. It seems that if the output is more than a couple of lines, then it hangs. I can't see any obvious problems with Jason's code, so it seems to be some subtle problem that may be hard to fix.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6. jrome3sa's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    #646  
    Has anyone successfully installed on a Pixi? GstService & Precorder install ok via Terminal, but I still still don't have any video files in my video library.
  7. #647  
    Quote Originally Posted by JROME3SA View Post
    Has anyone successfully installed on a Pixi? GstService & Precorder install ok via Terminal, but I still still don't have any video files in my video library.
    No not here. Installed the latest version and no go. Shucks you know we are only demanding the impossible. Being done by a few for the many.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  8. #648  
    Quote Originally Posted by nerubius View Post
    not quite yet, to send video through the messaging application, the video has to have the 3g2 extension and be <600k

    as it stands now with version 0.3.3, all video files are output with the mp4 extension regardless of the options selected in precorder's settings. the 600k filesize limit will also be reached very quickly, in 5 seconds give or take.

    i have found that a video taken with precorder's default settings that complies with the filesize limit of 600k can be renamed to *.3g2 via terminal and then sent with the messaging application. i do not know if all phones will be able to play this file. everyone i tried sending video to could view it.

    i've asked multiple times on this thread about using ffmpeg on the pre to convert a precorder output file to a <600k 3g2 file for the purpose of sharing video via mms, but i have not gotten any help with this.

    really very surprising more people aren't interested in sending video with mms.
    Thank you! I hope this is something that an be made possible I miss fully functional MMS!
  9. #649  
    I really don't understand all the confusion...its in alpha...commandline instructions are provided (numerous times...) imho (I hate acronyms) if you can't figure it out leave it alone for now.
  10. akram's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    #650  
    Quote Originally Posted by JROME3SA View Post
    Has anyone successfully installed on a Pixi? GstService & Precorder install ok via Terminal, but I still still don't have any video files in my video library.
    You may have to restart your phone and try it again, will work fine
  11. #651  
    Hi all,

    Today when I was at the park with my dog and decided to try out the Precorder in various settings.

    I remember reading that some settings don't work and it's already known.

    So if I say something that is already known, I'm sorry!

    It seems that I can only get a video played back on the Pre with the only 1 setting, AAC for audio, H.264/AVC for video, mp4 for container.

    I believe it will work with media source being 'both' or just 'video'.

    The video light doesn't affect anything, it will work whether being on or off.

    I was trying to get it to work for mp3 for audio, and mpeg-4 for video. I had tried container 3gp as well, and that worked OK once and now I can't make that setting combo work. Maybe I never got it to work and just thought I had those settings.

    Anyway, as I said, I think this info is already known.

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  12. MWKpre's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #652  
    Can anybody mention some converters that their using for this? I have to try and edit my videos in movie maker but i keep getting error messages when i put the videos through some converters.. Help would be appreciated...
  13. nerubius's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #653  
    Quote Originally Posted by MWKpre View Post
    Can anybody mention some converters that their using for this? I have to try and edit my videos in movie maker but i keep getting error messages when i put the videos through some converters.. Help would be appreciated...
    quicktime pro - costs money

    handbrake - free, search it on google

    super - free, search it on google (link to the download is a bit hard to find on the super website, but it's there! just keep reading)

    super and handbrake don't do video editing, they are both wonderful for converting to a multitude of video formats.
  14. Amack34's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #654  
    don't play music while recording.... Short story, I can't hear any sound on my phone now......smh... Doctor I know...
  15. #655  
    I can play music and record at the same time just fine.
  16. #656  
    updated to 3.3 was prompted with 3.3 while updating but in the device info it lists precorder as version 3.1?????????

    updated from 3.0 did I miss something here? am I up to date?
  17. nerubius's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #657  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    updated to 3.3 was prompted with 3.3 while updating but in the device info it lists precorder as version 3.1?????????

    updated from 3.0 did I miss something here? am I up to date?
    this was mentioned in a previous post, seems it was just a typo, or a value unchanged by mistake, if the bootstrap script says you have 0.3.3 already installed, there is no reason to think it a lie.
  18. #658  
    Quote Originally Posted by nerubius View Post
    this was mentioned in a previous post, seems it was just a typo, or a value unchanged by mistake, if the bootstrap script says you have 0.3.3 already installed, there is no reason to think it a lie.
    thanks for the response I figured that just wanted to make sure
  19. #659  
    You guys have figured out how to get into the camera without a proper API from Palm. I was hoping you could help out the guys over at ShopSavvy. According to a blog post found on their website, they are looking to port their app to the Pre and Pixi but cannot do so until Palm creates an API that will allow developers to access the camera allowing for Augmented Reality AND Barcode Scanning. They state that if anyone knows of a way that they can "access [the camera] at a frame rate of more than 5 frames per second please comment on [their] post ASAP." I just thought that you might have some thoughts. I'd really like to see this app in the catalog. An app of this calibur would go far to secure Palm WebOS' future. Maybe you could help Big In Japan at least get into the homebrew community.
  20.    #660  
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaganElephant View Post
    You guys have figured out how to get into the camera without a proper API from Palm. I was hoping you could help out the guys over at ShopSavvy. According to a blog post found on their website, they are looking to port their app to the Pre and Pixi but cannot do so until Palm creates an API that will allow developers to access the camera allowing for Augmented Reality AND Barcode Scanning. They state that if anyone knows of a way that they can "access [the camera] at a frame rate of more than 5 frames per second please comment on [their] post ASAP." I just thought that you might have some thoughts. I'd really like to see this app in the catalog. An app of this calibur would go far to secure Palm WebOS' future. Maybe you could help Big In Japan at least get into the homebrew community.
    I'd talk to the guys over there but they won't like my answer. I don't claim to be an expert, but Barcode Scanning is out (no macro focus) and Augmented Reality is out, or at least extremely unlikely and unstable, until full GPU access is achieved.
    Bringing you the first video recorder (Precorder), the first SDL application/game (DOOM), the first "make my magicjack/corporate voicemail play on my webos phone thingy" (gsm codec package), and now, webos's first opensource media recorder (voice and stream!) -> zcorder

Posting Permissions