Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    does that work via webosqi?
    yes...it does have the linux commandline but ive tried it and it doesnt work properly...id recommend terminal for now
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Read.

The.

First.

Post.

...ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    That's because the question you asked had literally just been answered.
    I have no idea how to do bootstrap. I installed originally through WebOS Quickinstall, and downloaded both of the programs needed. I have no idea how to install via bootstrap. That is why I didn't understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    I have no idea how to do bootstrap. I installed originally through WebOS Quickinstall, and downloaded both of the programs needed. I have no idea how to install via bootstrap. That is why I didn't understand.
    Neither do I. I just followed the instructions per the very first post and it worked flawlessly.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Neither do I. I just followed the instructions per the very first post and it worked flawlessly.
    I installed the Terminal Service from PreWare, but I don't know how to access it to even type in the bootstrap. I am a newbie when it comes to this.
    Is it possible to take a video with precorder and send it with the patch messaging audio/video attachments? I tried with no luck but I havent tried all of the formats. Does anyone know if this would work and if so what formats would be best sending phone to phone?
  7. NaS
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The818studios View Post
    Is it possible to take a video with precorder and send it with the patch messaging audio/video attachments? I tried with no luck but I havent tried all of the formats. Does anyone know if this would work and if so what formats would be best sending phone to phone?
    email!
    Quote Originally Posted by NaS View Post
    email!
    I would rather use messaging. I'm trying to send a video message like most cell phones today can do I realize I could use email and send it to phone#@vztext or whatever the carrier is but thats a hassle.
    Finally figured it out using WebOS quickinstall Linux Commandline. No idea how to use the terminal application from PreWare once I installed it. I uninstall the terminal application, then went to WebOS quickinstall and used Linux Commandline and it worked.
    Just tried the new version 33, everything works great except one problem. When you hit Launch Last Video, the video plays in an endless loop. The only way to stop it is to swipe it closed.

Just though you might want to know.
    Finally figured it out using WebOS quickinstall Linux Commandline. No idea how to use the terminal application from PreWare once I installed it. I uninstall the terminal application, then went to WebOS quickinstall and used Linux Commandline and it worked.
    the only difference btw the linux commandline in quick install and terminal on ur pre is that.........qi is ur computer and terminal is directly from ur phone...u just type the command on ur phone press enter and thats it u dont need to be a rocket scientist
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Great work.......
    i am having fun playing with this,,,,,,,,
    i was wondering ............how hard is it to make this app run in the background?
    (meaning can this app run in the background wile opening the camera app so that i am able to see what i am recording?)
    basically what i am trying to say is love the app but would like to see what i am recording sorta like taking a picture. and i was wondering is this app can be a small button on the camera app that will run wile leaving the camera app runing (showing what is in from of the lens)
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    no just type:

sh precorder-bootstrap
    Ok thanks it worked, but it's a very long process.....Before going to bed, I waited 15 minutes and it was still working but this morning, it's done

But I'm like some others, I've only been able to upgrade to 0.3.1 ??
    Why's that.

Thanks
    Serge
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Bluediablito: Not possible at this time. In a nutshell, the problem is that there seems to be only ONE pipeline for the camera...so basically only one application can be accessing the camera at a time and you cant seem to get one application to do MULTIPLE things with the camera at the same time...ie: record and display a preview/viewfinder. Until Palm provides developers with a way to "Fork" this pipeline...or some crafter coder comes up with another solution for "Forking" it...we're stuck at the moment.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The818studios View Post
    not quite yet, to send video through the messaging application, the video has to have the 3g2 extension and be <600k

as it stands now with version 0.3.3, all video files are output with the mp4 extension regardless of the options selected in precorder's settings. the 600k filesize limit will also be reached very quickly, in 5 seconds give or take.

i have found that a video taken with precorder's default settings that complies with the filesize limit of 600k can be renamed to *.3g2 via terminal and then sent with the messaging application. i do not know if all phones will be able to play this file. everyone i tried sending video to could view it.

i've asked multiple times on this thread about using ffmpeg on the pre to convert a precorder output file to a <600k 3g2 file for the purpose of sharing video via mms, but i have not gotten any help with this.

really very surprising more people aren't interested in sending video with mms.
    Quote Originally Posted by nerubius View Post
    We just don't have friends.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by nerubius View Post
    I am very interested but I like the pace the developers are moving at with this app, it will hold us all over until Palm adds it natively.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    I am very interested but I like the pace the developers are moving at with this app, it will hold us all over until Palm adds it natively.
    ya but who knows if palm will actually add it. with the last update and the next one 1.3.5 they are only doing monpr tweaks, the biggest thing 1.3.5 is gonna be about is opening the 6.7 gigs for our apps!

that said congrats to the developers your guys are kickin *** it took the lameo iphone 3yrs to get a video camera it took our guys less than a year!!! big props guys! im sure the devs will have it all ironed out within a month or two... christmas??? =)
    Ok, the bootstrap script was a way to long process for my Pre (I don't know why...).
    So I wanted the ipk file, I digged and I found the ipk files 0.3.3

Install Gstservice first, then precorder, then reset the Pre and enjoy

Don't forget the Thanks button

Gstservice 0.3.3

Precorder 0.3.3

Quote Originally Posted by turbobo View Post
    Ok, the bootstrap script was a way to long process for my Pre (I don't know why...).
    So I wanted the ipk file, I digged and I found the ipk files 0.3.3

Install Gstservice first, then precorder, then reset the Pre and enjoy

Don't forget the Thanks button

Gstservice 0.3.3

Precorder 0.3.3

thank you for providing the ipk files for us but in my opinion typing in sh precorder-bootstrap is a very easy to use command....it does the downloading and upating for you...you don't even have to restart...just saying
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!