Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    This is awesome. Installing now
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    Dammit!

GREAT job guys!

I got it installed and working with QI. I also don't have sound, actually. Find it quite odd.

Maybe I should reinstall?

Quote Originally Posted by fishtale View Post
    All you have to remember is to hold your phone volume buttons upwards so the shot is recorded right side up.
    You mean volume buttons down? The same way as we normally watch a video, should be how we record a video. At least, that's the way it works for me.

*edit* I lied. Sound works perfectly. I forgot I had my phone paired to my bluetooth headphones.

I did find out that the sound only played through one ear of the headphones though. Mono sound?
    Last edited by SirataXero; 11/24/2009 at 05:13 AM.
    installed ipk's via file coaster getting "gst service not running"...i'll try using quickinstal when I'm able to get to my PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Superstardjal View Post
    I tried to install via command line first w/terminal, then ssh. Keep getting error in the app interface saying that gst service is not running. Deleted both app and service, reinstalled...same thing.

any ideas?
    Did you follow the wiki instructions?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvintimothyjr View Post
    installed ipk's via file coaster getting "gst service not running"...i'll try using quickinstal when I'm able to get to my PC
    This is the reason why we would have preferred that links to the ipkgs were not given in this thread, and that everyone was simply pointed to the instructions on the wiki page (which can kept up to date, instead of in a forum post that ages quickly).

fileCoaster is unable to install advanced hombrew.

Please follow the instructions on the wiki page at Application:Precorder - WebOS Internals

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 11/24/2009 at 04:56 AM. Reason: The sigh was not directed at the quoted user ;)
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I tried to install via command line first w/terminal, then ssh. Keep getting error in the app interface saying that gst service is not running. Deleted both app and service, reinstalled...same thing.

any ideas?
    The Wiki instructions leave out the bit that the filesystem needs to be mounted Read-Write if you are manually running the postinst script.

# mount -o remount,rw /

before you do those steps.

**** Update: No longer needed with new Wiki instructions as of 6:00am EST. ****
    Last edited by zonyl; 11/24/2009 at 05:03 AM.
    well I know that now dude...I was just trying it out...got it to work in quickinstall

-thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Sigh - this is the reason why we would have preferred that links to the ipkgs were not given in this thread, and that everyone was simply pointed to the instructions on the wiki page (which can kept up to date, instead of in a forum post that ages quickly).

fileCoaster is unable to install advanced hombrew. Follow the instructions on the wiki page at [url= - WebOS Internals[/url]

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by zonyl View Post
    The Wiki instructions leave out the bit that the filesystem needs to be mounted Read-Write if you are manually running the postinst script.

# mount -o remount,rw /

before you do those steps.
    I've created a precoder-bootstrap script, which does all this stuff automatically now, and added that to the wiki instructions.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I've created a precoder-bootstrap script, which does all this stuff automatically now, and added that to the wiki instructions.

-- Rod
    Wow, that was fast. Thanks Rod!

Recorder works great, I can finally remove my kludgy thttpd service. Thanks goes out to the WebOS Internals folks!!
    Last edited by zonyl; 11/24/2009 at 05:05 AM.
    Has anyone tested it on a Pixi yet?

The bootstrap script should work for both the Pre and the Pixi, since we separately packaged the service for both armv6 (Pixi) and armv7 (Pre).

-- Rod
    rod,
    yes I did follow the instructions, so I thought. At the time, as I recall, it gave options for command line install in this order
    1. Ipkg -o /var install (http for gst service0.2.3)

2. Ipkg -o /var install (http for precorder app 0.2.0)

3. Sh /var/usr/lib....

that's what I used for input via command line. I'm certainly a novice when it comes to command line nevigation, so I definitely coyld have jumped the gun and misread or overlooked something, I suppose.
    I just installed this via the precoder-bootstrap script and it works great! Many thanks!
    rod,
    yes I did follow the instructions, so I thought. At the time, as I recall, it gave options for command line install in this order

3. Sh /var/usr/lib....

that's what I used for input via command line. I'm certainly a novice when it comes to command line nevigation, so I definitely coyld have jumped the gun and misread or overlooked something, I suppose.
    Why not just use WebOS Quick Install and avoid commandline all together?
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    rod,

3. Sh /var/usr/lib....

If the service was not running, it's most likely that the third command did not work properly.

The wiki instructions advise using WebOS Quick Install until the application gets to the state where it will be included in Preware. Alternatively, there is now a bootstrap script if you must use the command line for some reason (e.g. you are not near a host PC to use WebOS Quick Install).

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I installed via WebOS Quick Install and did not have any problems whatsoever. I've only tested the default settings very briefly, but the video is of good quality and played back well on the Pre and PC.

The biggest step would be to get the view screen working while recording, but everything is really solid for a first release. Thanks to everyone involved!
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Everything works perfect for me, this is incredible!
    Last edited by elcartel; 11/24/2009 at 05:49 AM.
    It feels like christmas in PreCentral Land......
    --Marvin
    Great job guys...
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Thanks, guys! Just installed via command line on Terminal then re-booted. Since I'm away from a host computer, I'd like to view these videos via my Pre. They're not showing up in my Videos app (unlike the screenshot on the wiki page) - how do I make that happen?
    This works for me so far like a beauty

Can we add functionality requests for the beta on this thread?
    Or shall we wait a bit longer?

Cheers you rock

Vas
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast