Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    so, I haven't seen anyone post any night videos shot with their pre, so I figured I would share mine:

honestly, I think it looks pretty good for a cellphone
    I'm impressed that the black is actually black and has almost no noise
    Haha nice video.

I still have a problem though.
    When i use the "wget" feature, it says "can't open prerecorder-bootstrap" it says it's a "read only file"...
    Other members have gotten this problem (quickrahn, pg. 25 or 26).. and nobody commented under it. Can anyone help?

It connects and everything... but it claims it's only a read only file.
    Last edited by Kedar; 11/30/2009 at 07:16 AM.
    I noticed that after I installed 3.0 when I record videos my flash will not come on. I have uninstalled precorder and reinstalled. still not working, I tested my camera to make sure the flash was still good. The flash still works fine. just thought i would put that out there for developers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    Haha nice video.

I still have a problem though.
    When i use the "wget" feature, it says "can't open prerecorder-bootstrap" it says it's a "read only file"...
    Other members have gotten this problem (quickrahn, pg. 25 or 26).. and nobody commented under it. Can anyone help?

It connects and everything... but it claims it's only a read only file.
    Try mounting the file system as r/w "mount-o remount, rw /"
    it that doesn't work try changing the files permissions "chmod 777 precorder-bootstrap"
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
  4.    #544  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I've found that recording audio only doesn't work for any setting, and the "swipe to delete" patch for videos only deletes the listing of the video from the player, it doesn't delete the actual file which is why it shows up in the music player.
    Thank you for making a sensical statement Aby

It seems what you're saying is probably accurate. I don't have this issue so I can't trouble shoot it myself. I'll run it by Jason and see if he has any idea why the 'listing' is deleted but not the file. It's probably a fileindexer thing (like every other issue).

Oh, and btw Ab, I'm working on getting audio caps set properly. If it works it should both fix your "recording myself being awesome" issue as well as other's 0kb file issue.

Expect some sort of update or fix tonight (might be minor, but it will be something hopefully).

There's also a great man by the name of xaiki working on a very smart hack to the existing MediaServer-driven media pipeline. He's discovered interesting things in the dragon realm (proccesses of the locked up binaries) by using debugging tools that palm was nice enough to leave in. It seems everything is already in place for a video recorder to work, (including DSP utilization) as has been there since the begining. If he can get his hack to work it could result in a binary + camera app patch, which would be very good news.
    Bringing you the first video recorder (Precorder), the first SDL application/game (DOOM), the first "make my magicjack/corporate voicemail play on my webos phone thingy" (gsm codec package), and now, webos's first opensource media recorder (voice and stream!) -> zcorder
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prenosicator View Post
    Thank you for making a sensical statement Aby

It seems what you're saying is probably accurate. I don't have this issue so I can't trouble shoot it myself. I'll run it by Jason and see if he has any idea why the 'listing' is deleted but not the file. It's probably a fileindexer thing (like every other issue).

Oh, and btw Ab, I'm working on getting audio caps set properly. If it works it should both fix your "recording myself being awesome" issue as well as other's 0kb file issue.

Expect some sort of update or fix tonight (might be minor, but it will be something hopefully).

There's also a great man by the name of xaiki working on a very smart hack to the existing MediaServer-driven media pipeline. He's discovered interesting things in the dragon realm (proccesses of the locked up binaries) by using debugging tools that palm was nice enough to leave in. It seems everything is already in place for a video recorder to work, (including DSP utilization) as has been there since the begining. If he can get his hack to work it could result in a binary + camera app patch, which would be very good news.
    no offense.. but is sensical a word!? i'm sure you must have meant sensible.. at any rate.. you guys are excellent! freakin awesome! and what ever all that stuff the "x" guy found out means is great too! our pre's just keep getting better and better.. thanks dudes
    English

[edit]Etymology
    Back-formation from nonsensical.
    [edit]Adjective
    sensical (comparative more sensical, superlative most sensical)
    (nonstandard) Making sense; showing internal logic; sensible.
    For more quotes, see the citations page
    1986, Fred D'Agostino, Chomsky's System of Ideas, Clarendon Press, p. 189:
    A nonsensical sentence, then, is one which is inconsistent with S, while a sensical sentence is one which is consistent with S.
    1998, William Storm, After Dionysus: a theory of the tragic, Cornell University Press, p. 41
    It contains […] no intrinsic propositions concerning whether its effects are sensical or not.
    2001, Alexandra Styron, All the Finest Girls, Back Bay, p. 127:
    There I waited, exiled from the realm of sensical thoughts, for Lou's sons to find me.
    2004, John C. Welchman, Mike Kelley: Minor Histories, MIT Press, "Introduction", p. xxii:
    So it starts with the sensical, and through shifts in syntax and cadence, goes completely abstract.
    Check out my Light Blue theme and if you like please hit the thanks button or even better, donate.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aparigraba View Post
    English

[edit]Etymology
    Back-formation from nonsensical.
    [edit]Adjective
    sensical (comparative more sensical, superlative most sensical)
    (nonstandard) Making sense; showing internal logic; sensible.
    For more quotes, see the citations page
    1986, Fred D'Agostino, Chomsky's System of Ideas, Clarendon Press, p. 189:
    A nonsensical sentence, then, is one which is inconsistent with S, while a sensical sentence is one which is consistent with S.
    1998, William Storm, After Dionysus: a theory of the tragic, Cornell University Press, p. 41
    It contains […] no intrinsic propositions concerning whether its effects are sensical or not.
    2001, Alexandra Styron, All the Finest Girls, Back Bay, p. 127:
    There I waited, exiled from the realm of sensical thoughts, for Lou's sons to find me.
    2004, John C. Welchman, Mike Kelley: Minor Histories, MIT Press, "Introduction", p. xxii:
    So it starts with the sensical, and through shifts in syntax and cadence, goes completely abstract.
    lol.. don't know where you got this from.. lol.. nonsensical is a word. which is the derivative/adjective of the word nonsense. sensical is not a word listed in any dictionary.. at least not any modern day dictionary.. the correct term would have been sensible. i was just politely correcting a grammar mistake. no biggie. anyways. thanks again to all who are working on this camcorder app. you guys are AWESOME.. even you prenosicator.. in case you were in any way offended by my comment. i'm an english major for goodness sake. i ignore most things because this is a forum and of course people aren't gonna always use correct grammar. some things just catch my attention more than others.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 11/30/2009 at 06:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    lol.. don't know where you got this from.. lol.. nonsensical is a word. which is the derivative/adjective of the word nonsense. sensical is not a word listed in any dictionary.. at least not any modern day dictionary.. the correct term would have been sensible. ******! i was just politely correcting a grammar mistake. no biggie. anyways. thanks again to all who are working on this camcorder app. you guys are AWESOME.. even you prenosicator.. in case you were in any way offended by my comment. i'm an english major for goodness sake. i ignore most things because this is a forum and of course people aren't gonna always use correct grammar. some things just catch my attention more than others.
    in my opinion its ******** to use correct grammar in the forums...yes i tend to say u instead of you or ure for you're bc im too lazy to type it...i just hate when ppl correct me...but i always let them know I know and im just lazy...but its allllll good
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I got the video to record and play back - but no audio

can anyone help me ?
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Audio stays in Music Player Remix. I have the swipe delete video patch. The Video get's taken off, but the audio file stays in the music remix player.
    ALSO: Can you guys set the title to video mm/dd/yy time instead of videocapture yy/mm/dd... it takes up all the title space in the video app.
    for some reason I could only make two videos -- recorded them and they worked fine -- but any video's i record after that don't work or aren't recorded...

can anyone explain this ?
    after I upgraded to 3.0, my video app says "no search results." it deleted all of my old videos, and I also can't record anymore. Please help me!

update: it also deleted my music, and my photo roll won't load.
    Last edited by iggy524; 11/30/2009 at 04:17 PM.
    Why don't you all just install the Internalz file manager and delete the real file rather than the swiping patch that doesn't seem to work. It's pretty simple..
    I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but my pre was really running slow after I installed precorder. I have upgraded to precorder 0.3.0 and now my pre seems to be back to its speedy normal self.
    While recording some videos, I noticed that audio sync seemed to worsen on darker scenes. I don't know if this has been discovered already, but my guess is that compression is the culprit. I'm not an expert on compression or coding, but I do know that a black image takes up more space than a white image with the same dimensions. It looks like the framerate slows down on dark material while the audio keeps chugging along, so the video will lag 1-2 seconds behind the audio.

I recorded a couple of quick tests to illustrate the problem. Hopefully there is a way to improve compression performance.

Quote Originally Posted by discolightning View Post
    While recording some videos, I noticed that audio sync seemed to worsen on darker scenes. I don't know if this has been discovered already, but my guess is that compression is the culprit. I'm not an expert on compression or coding, but I do know that a black image takes up more space than a white image with the same dimensions. It looks like the framerate slows down on dark material while the audio keeps chugging along, so the video will lag 1-2 seconds behind the audio.

I recorded a couple of quick tests to illustrate the problem. Hopefully there is a way to improve compression performance.

Let's get some features and basic functionality in first before we go into performance and optimization. Just saying. That's a good thing to note though.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    yep. I just thought I would post some feedback. the audio quality is surprisingly good. video is fairly crisp in well-lit scenes, and it's incredible that this is all possible because of some basic framework by Palm and effort by Internals. You guys are doing all the dirty work while most of us wish we could understand how to help.

thanks.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    This is sooo great!! You guys have come so far.. I'm making my 'gratitude' donation now. (Don't expect much. Unemployment sucks..)..

Thanks again.

Donation complete.

Will HILLARIOUSLY donate again when your magic (work) allows us to see what we're recording..
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    lol.. don't know where you got this from.. lol.. nonsensical is a word. which is the derivative/adjective of the word nonsense. sensical is not a word listed in any dictionary.. at least not any modern day dictionary.. the correct term would have been sensible. i was just politely correcting a grammar mistake. no biggie. anyways. thanks again to all who are working on this camcorder app. you guys are AWESOME.. even you prenosicator.. in case you were in any way offended by my comment. i'm an english major for goodness sake. i ignore most things because this is a forum and of course people aren't gonna always use correct grammar. some things just catch my attention more than others.
    Let me guess....proper capitalization (and punctuation) are some of those things that don't catch your attention....at all!!!!
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    You guys are talking about using correct grammar on the internet... Settle down and get back on topic...
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.