Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
    I had a similar story as the post above... it worked fine for a bit but now videos dont ever show up in the video app.... I have reinstalled Precorder via terminal a couple times (sh precorder-bootstrap) but still nothing....??...It sure worked great when it worked...:-)
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The instructions and bootstrap script have now been updated to support the Pixi, and the wiki has been updated with links to the latest ipkgs.

I can't think of any way that Precorder could be slowing down your Pre while you are not actively recording, so we'll need a repeatable test case before we start to worry about that bug report.

Thanks to viperv990 and craftsman for the precise bug reports - it's so much easier to fix things when people actually give the error message instead of just saying it's not working

-- Rod
    Thanks the new script allowed it to install on the Pixi without any error but the program starts /no flash and will not save the files. Just like what other are seeing.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    I just recorded a 15 mb file and it doesn't play is that normal?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure it records fine every first start of the application. Let's say you open it, record a video, close it. Then if you open the app again, it will not record anything. If you restart your Pre, then open the App when it's done rebooting, it will record. Repeat. Sounds weird but that is how I think mine has been acting. Hope this helps.
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegsta View Post
    I'm pretty sure it records fine every first start of the application. Let's say you open it, record a video, close it. Then if you open the app again, it will not record anything. If you restart your Pre, then open the App when it's done rebooting, it will record. Repeat. Sounds weird but that is how I think mine has been acting. Hope this helps.
    for me only when i updated from 0.2.3 to 0.3.0 the first record didnt work...then after it did...but now it just wants to record when it wants to...funny thing is that i recorded a 15 mb video and i cant open it...weird i know
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    for me only when i updated from 0.2.3 to 0.3.0 the first record didnt work...then after it did...but now it just wants to record when it wants to...funny thing is that i recorded a 15 mb video and i cant open it...weird i know
    Reboot your Pre and the video will probably play. That's what happens to me.
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegsta View Post
    Reboot your Pre and the video will probably play. That's what happens to me.
    rebooting now...lets c if its tru

Update: nope still didnt work
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    so, I haven't seen anyone post any night videos shot with their pre, so I figured I would share mine:

honestly, I think it looks pretty good for a cellphone
    I'm impressed that the black is actually black and has almost no noise
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenlkl@yahoo.com View Post
    I found after I have deleted a precorder video, the sound part of the video is still in my music app. I have like 7 of them just hanging out at the very end of my song list.
    Seeing a similar issue. Deleted 5 vids (using Jason's Swipe to delete patch) confirmed that they are deleted and the audio portion remains in my music app? I'm still running the first alpha version.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Okay, so rundown of buglist I've come across:

1. When launching Precorder, the first recorded video craps out immediately, but the next one is fine.
    2. Audio seems to default to the left channel in mono. Understood this is a mono mic, but is the forced-left-channel a hardware issue or encoder bug?
    3. Same as above, noted that audio files don't get deleted with video files. Weird. Is the encoder creating a separate audio AND video track for every video recorded?

Awesome app, plan on using it a lot in the future. Apologies if these are already noted bugs, I didn't feel like thumbing through 27 pages of posts to see what already exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Playboy View Post
    Okay, so rundown of buglist I've come across:

1. When launching Precorder, the first recorded video craps out immediately, but the next one is fine.
    2. Audio seems to default to the left channel in mono. Understood this is a mono mic, but is the forced-left-channel a hardware issue or encoder bug?
    3. Same as above, noted that audio files don't get deleted with video files. Weird. Is the encoder creating a separate audio AND video track for every video recorded?

Awesome app, plan on using it a lot in the future. Apologies if these are already noted bugs, I didn't feel like thumbing through 27 pages of posts to see what already exists.
    Did you check Application:Precorder - WebOS Internals instead? Some are listed there, but it looks like you'll be able to add some too ...

I really don't understand why people go to a forum for information. Forums are for discussion, wiki pages are for information.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Seeing a similar issue. Deleted 5 vids (using Jason's Swipe to delete patch) confirmed that they are deleted and the audio portion remains in my music app? I'm still running the first alpha version.
    + 1. I have 80 installed packages thru Preware including music remix, it has an alphabetical scrolling feature that allows to touch a letter and bring up all artist, albums, songs, etc listed under that letter. Confirming that every video (or at least the audio portion) that I have deleted using Jasons swipe to delete video patch is listed under the letter V as video capture. Strange, and I still have not been able to update to 3.0 yet, still trying everything per the wiki page from the first post of this thread. I'm wondering if some of the patches I have installed are interfering with precorder. I'm not a techy, but just wondering.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I have checked other threads and can't seem to find any answers yet. Here's the scoop:

Running 1.3.1 - battery life was fine. I installed Precorder, played around with it and battery started to drain quickly.

Uninstalled Precorder and still got quick battery drain. (This morning fully charged 100% to 86% in 37 min.) Turned off WiFi - normal battery drain...Turn on WiFi - drainoooo!

I am posting here because that is when it started and in the General Forum due to the seeming WiFi connection issue now.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    [;2067766]I found after I have deleted a precorder video, the sound part of the video is still in my music app. I have like 7 of them just hanging out at the very end of my song list.[/QUOTE]

Same thing, audio files in music player and also under ringtones and running Precorder 0.3
    Last edited by imex99; 11/29/2009 at 11:10 AM.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    [;2067766]I found after I have deleted a precorder video, the sound part of the video is still in my music app. I have like 7 of them just hanging out at the very end of my song list.
    Same thing, audio files in music player and also under ringtones and running Precorder 0.3[/QUOTE]
    +1
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Did you check Application:Precorder - WebOS Internals instead? Some are listed there, but it looks like you'll be able to add some too ...

I really don't understand why people go to a forum for information. Forums are for discussion, wiki pages are for information.

-- Rod
    Wiki pages are not chronological. They give you information, but not how new the information is - nor do they tell you if there is new information at a glance. This is why I use forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catdaemon View Post
    Wiki pages are not chronological. They give you information, but not how new the information is - nor do they tell you if there is new information at a glance. This is why I use forums.
    THAT is what the recent changes link is for.

And the history link
    I am running webos 1.3.1, Precorder 3.0 and I do have Jason's swipe to deleted video patch. I don't have a whole lot of patchs maybe 8 of them. I have used to audio only feature on precorder, but the audio files I found in my music app matches up with what I shot with video.
    great work guys! Love the precorder! But is anyone else having issues when playing back the videos or watching youtube? Random black lines like started to appear on mine. At first I thought it was because I dropped my pre pretty bad but when I deleted the precorder it went away. I think I'm going to hold off until there's another update to make sure its the precorder. Keep up the good work!
    I've found that recording audio only doesn't work for any setting, and the "swipe to delete" patch for videos only deletes the listing of the video from the player, it doesn't delete the actual file which is why it shows up in the music player.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.