Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lite blue View Post
    awesome app can't wait for video preview that will be perfection. I can not believe palm leaves something this important to third party dev
    I agree. This is f-ing awesome!!! If it wasn't for webOS's awesome community and open source platform, I'd have left the Pre by now.

As for app feedback.. It's running great and look fantastic! As Lite Blue said, add a view while you're recording and this app would be 100%! Hope to see it in PreWare and maybe even the App Catalog soon so everyone can enjoy this! Thanks!
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    I tried installed using WSQI and the ipkgs and had limited success, so tried to update to the newer version using the bootstrap. I got the "please wait" sign forever. So, I uninstalled the old version (using Device Management in WebOSQI) and removing the service and the application, then tried again with the "wget" and "sh precorder-bootstrap" and it took a few seconds and installed.

Still trying it out, but I recommend using the wget method to install.

Thanks to those working on this!
    Quote Originally Posted by bill.millett View Post
    I tried installed using WSQI and the ipkgs and had limited success, so tried to update to the newer version using the bootstrap. I got the "please wait" sign forever. So, I uninstalled the old version (using Device Management in WebOSQI) and removing the service and the application, then tried again with the "wget" and "sh precorder-bootstrap" and it took a few seconds and installed.

Still trying it out, but I recommend using the wget method to install.

Thanks to those working on this!
    I had the same issue. Finally got installed noticed a lot of phone lag as mentioned earlier as well as the flash was not working. However a simple reboot fix the speed issue and now the flash appears to be working.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    This is awesome!! My one question, as I'm videotaping all I have is a white screen on the pre. Is this the norm for now? The audio/video quality is excellent, thanks to all that are working on this!!
    Last edited by boobo0; 11/27/2009 at 11:35 AM.
    This app is working pretty well for a Alpha stage app.
    Right now I am having problems with it recording. I will push record and it will turn on the LED and show the recording screen. However, something wrong happens and the video file gets corrupt. The video app does not recognize it and if I go through and try to play the file it says an error occurred while trying to play it. So sometimes when I think I am recording I am not. Another bug I found is if the screen turns off it messes something up and corrupts the video up also. Maybe you can make a governor to make the screen never turn off while recording. The audio recording is great and is crystal clear but it does not pick up as much as it should later on.
    Other than that it works GREAT!!! I love this app!!!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boobo0 View Post
    This is awesome!! My one question, as I'm videotaping all I have is a white screen on the pre. Is this the norm for now? The audio/video quality is excellent, thanks to all that are working on this!!
    Yes. For now there is no preview while recording. Regardless this app is still in beta and for one am extremely happy with what I'm seeing! Can't wait for future releases!
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    great jobs guys. Its nice to see that people are willing to put a lot of work into understanding and improving this platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    Yes. For now there is no preview while recording. Regardless this app is still in alpha and for one am extremely happy with what I'm seeing! Can't wait for future releases!
    FTFY

This isn't just a normal homebrew app folks, it wont work perfectly, it wont have everything you want. There will be bugs, and more bugs, and doctored pres. If you can live with that, awesome. If not, wait for beta or wait for palm's video recording app to come along.

After an update, the first recording doesn't work, just like a fresh install. Other than that, no problems (if you consider a known bug a problem) for me.

In other news, loving the work you guys are doing!
    Mkay, bugs so far: Won't record in any format if audio is set to mp3.
    H.263 only gives me audio. Every time I record a new video the video player shows 2 copies and the first copy is unplayable, the only way to make the unplayableile go away is to reboot.
    Also, Should I look here for updates or the wiki? And do we have an ETA for the beta?
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    Yes. For now there is no preview while recording. Regardless this app is still in beta and for one am extremely happy with what I'm seeing! Can't wait for future releases!

Yea this would be alpha stage, not beta. App is awesome, couldnt get it to update using command line in WebOSQI. I had to use pUTTY, but it went through fine.
    I don't know if something is wrong or not, but when I go to WebOS Internals to get version 3.0, and attempt to download it, it is saying it's version 2.3?

I'm trying to do it with WebOS Quick Install, not Bootstrap.

Any reason I'm getting this?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    All I can say is precorder + pixelpipe = win
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I don't know if something is wrong or not, but when I go to WebOS Internals to get version 3.0, and attempt to download it, it is saying it's version 2.3?

I'm trying to do it with WebOS Quick Install, not Bootstrap.

Any reason I'm getting this?

Rob
    Why aren't you using the "sh precorder-bootstrap" command to update? Just type that in pUTTY or the terminal app from preware and you're golden. After saying yes to overwrite a couple things of course. It seems a few people are having trouble doing it through WOSQI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodgingbrom View Post
    Why aren't you using the "sh precorder-bootstrap" command to update? Just type that in pUTTY or the terminal app from preware and you're golden. After saying yes to overwrite a couple things of course. It seems a few people are having trouble doing it through WOSQI.
    Or you can use the Linux Command line in WOSQI if you prefer. But definitely use the command line install - seems to work way better in my experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Binary Tech View Post
    20 bucks says this thread hits 25 pages in the next 24 hours.
    You lost.. Too bad, however the alpha is looking promising and I'm glad to see the progress!
    how long take to updateto 0.3.0 ???... im updating sh precorder-bootstrap in command line webos quick. ins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodgingbrom View Post
    I used the WebOS Quick Install because that was easier for me.

I had used it with all the other versions with no problem.

But that doesn't answer why the link in WebOS Internals for the WebOSQI is not updated for the 3.0 version?

I will read the instructions on the bootstrap method.

One question since I've never used this method, but using the commands in the terminal (which I'm ok with using), how does it get the new version of the software.

Is the commandline downloading the new version of the software?

That's the part that I don't understand?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I used the WebOS Quick Install because that was easier for me.

I had used it with all the other versions with no problem.

But that doesn't answer why the link in WebOS Internals for the WebOSQI is not updated for the 3.0 version?

I will read the instructions on the bootstrap method.

One question since I've never used this method, but using the commands in the terminal (which I'm ok with using), how does it get the new version of the software.

Is the commandline downloading the new version of the software?

That's the part that I don't understand?

Rob
    i try updating with webos quick install and doesnt work uninstall it the service and the app and install via linux now i have 0.3.0!
    OK, I re-read the instructions for Bootstrap.

Now I think I get it.

The 'wget' command is a simple Linux 'get' command and it's doing the downloading of the software.

The next command is doing the actual install or running the service.

I've take some Unix years ago, and I don't by any means consider myself have a great Unix understand. But I can follow instructions pretty well.

I think I will be OK.

I'm setting up the phone now to try it. I need to delete the old version first.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cl191 View Post
    All I can say is precorder + pixelpipe = win
    Precorder + Posterous = Autopost to everything including youtube (which forwards to facebook better than posterous does)