Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
    You just need to type
    Code:
    sh precorder-bootstrap
    either in the linuxcommand access in webosquickinstall, root, or your terminal app.
    In the terminal app on your Pre, simply type "sh precorder-bootstrap" without the quotes, follow the prompts to download and overwrite the older files. You don't need to perform the wget function unless you've removed precorder-bootstrap.

EDIT: Beat me to it. What he said above.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Thanks guys
    Check out my Light Blue theme and if you like please hit the thanks button or even better, donate.
    when I tried wget htp://bit.ly/precorder-bootstrap then
    sh precorder-bootstrap nothing happens after typing sh precorder-bootstrap. It just sits there saying please wait. How long should it take?
    i have been having the same errors, and trying the recommened fix of just running (sh precorder-bootstrap)
    i get
    Starting installation...
    Mounting the root file system read-write: OK
    Installing org.webosinternal.gstservice v0.3.0: FAILED
    Failed to install /tmp/org.webosinternals.gstservice_0.3.0_armv7.ipk

any ideas? thanks
    works great no problems here....totally amazing so far
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    i am trying to update via webos qi and i get a message that says " cant open precorder bootstrap" what am i doing wrong?
    Does the light intensity work? I don't seem to notice any difference between modes. I installed and update only via bootstrap script in terminal.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarry2821 View Post
    i have been having the same errors, and trying the recommened fix of just running (sh precorder-bootstrap)
    i get
    Starting installation...
    Mounting the root file system read-write: OK
    Installing org.webosinternal.gstservice v0.3.0: FAILED
    Failed to install /tmp/org.webosinternals.gstservice_0.3.0_armv7.ipk

any ideas? thanks
    I am having the same problems and when I use terminal I can get through this command "wget htp//bit.ly/precorder-bootstrap" but not this one "sh precorder-bootstrap" it says I can't download the bootstrap on the emulator, but clearly I am on my phone and not an emulator. Does it have anything to do with the fact I am on a Palm Pixi? Thanks ahead of time for all the advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by arcolino View Post
    hello,

what files do I need to get the video capture app to? I installed the
    org.webosinternals.precorder_0.2.3_all.ipk
    I see the progam when I launch it i get error webosinternals.gstserice is not running?
    You obviously did not read the first post of this thread.

That is the very first criteria for being an alpha tester.

I'm afraid you have failed, and are therefore excluded from alpha testing Precorder

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    sorry if this was missed in my scan through the thread but while I am having a good recording experence for anything under 30 seconds or so anything longer just gets me a 0k file. I have even gone so far as to keep the pre awake for an extra min. in hopes of allowing the transcoding to catch up to me.... Otherwise just plain flippin sweet...
    i had precorder working on my Pre for two days and they were to two buggiest/laggiest days i've ever had. i removed precorder and all is fine again. I don't have many apps or patches on my phone so I'm not sure what the problem was. I'll try a future update and see how that works. Otherwise...great job guys..the app itself works great.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fgcchevy View Post
    i am trying to update via webos qi and i get a message that says " cant open precorder bootstrap" what am i doing wrong?
    Same here.
    What are we doing wrong o_o. I've tried multiple things.
    I tried installing this via webosqi's linux command like I did with version 2.3, but this time after I typed in the "sh precorder-bootstrap" command, nothing happened... at all. So I decided to run it through Terminal and even though it said that the "Mounting the root file system" Failed, I checked the App and it installed just fine.
    I love you I love you I love you I love you.
    VIDEO RECORDING!
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I did a test in low light with the precorder. It is working great so far for me! I was able to attach the video to an E-mail, and send it to myself.

The update command worked great. Just remember to type YES when it asks you if you want to overwrite it. The only problem seems to be that the first recording never works. Only the second time it works. Keep up the great work!
    hmmm...this is odd (or did I miss something???) I keep ending up with version 2.3, not 3.0. I've tried the terminal bootstrap method and downloading and installing through webOS Q I...same version, no matter what. What am I doing to fail?

BTW...showed my Pre buddies Precorder...their jaw dropped in awe. I'll be setting them up after the holiday break.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    well...i found that if i try to switch formats or media sources i end up with no video/audio recordings...he defaults work just fine!
    awesome app can't wait for video preview that will be perfection. I can not believe palm leaves something this important to third party dev