Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Hey this is great. Is there any way possible to let it record in .3g2 then we could send it via sms through the Pre? Thanks for your work!!
    I'm not too knowledgable on .3g2, but it does support .3gp
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Nice work! flashlight and audio, good job guys!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Wow, this is great! Just tried it and it worked 2 out of 4 times, however i'm astounded by this app if only for the proof of concept. I'm so thankful for all of you putting in the time to do this!
    Works on my 1.3.1 German Pre, nice work. Not really much of a video user but it's a great development for people who are.
    My Palm History (in order): IIIe SE, m130, Tungsten|T, m505, Tungsten|T3, Zire 71, m505 (owned two different ones), Zire 72, Tungsten|C, T|X, Treo 650.
    After that I got a Apple iPhone 3G, Palm Pre (GSM), Google Nexus One.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I'm not too knowledgable on .3g2, but it does support .3gp
    .3g2 is the format to allow sending via sms messages.

Audio/video format developed by the 3rd Generation Partnership Project 2 (3GPP2); designed for transmitting multimedia files over the Internet; basically an updated version of the .3GP format used by cell phones for saving video files.
    I noticed the 3gp and you could attach and send via email but for the sms function it needs to be in .3g2 format.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...messaging.html

Thanks for the work on this. When is the donate button going up? I have already recorded several test videos! Works great! Is there a possiblity of getting a preview on the main screen in future versions?
    Thanks.
    YouTube - MannymanGomez's Channel

Video is saved in /media/internal/ instead of /media/internal/video .
    Last edited by Mannyman; 11/24/2009 at 02:35 AM. Reason: more info
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Works great!

All you have to remember is to hold your phone volume buttons upwards so the shot is recorded right side up.

Great Job!! I can finally make my Palm pron. lol
    The wiki page has been updated with some basic usage information and install instructions.
  9. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    If the Pre falls asleep while recording, something goes wrong and it will not record any more. The only fix I've found is a reboot. So I guess I'll have to install nodoze for now.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    so far it is only recording with default settings flash works but trying to encode the video to anything other than default audio setting no video in the videos list.
    YOU ROCK !!!! Keep up the hard work !!!

Thanks
    Vas
    I just installed and tried it out. I did not experience any of the "known issues" mentioned on the webOS internals page. Precorder behaved perfectly and gave me a video file, first try, that I was able to view on both my Pre and my Windows 7 desktop after mounting the USB drive. Kudos!!!
    this is awesome i wake up check for new posts and i see this im so pumped. i dont have much but im definetly throwing in five bucks thanks for everyones hard work!!
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    thanks for all the hard work guys...we be testing this out later today.
  15. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Also, this could just be me having old codecs.. But I can't get the video to play (running linux). It will play the audio fine, just no video.
    Quote Originally Posted by ird View Post
    If the Pre falls asleep while recording, something goes wrong and it will not record any more. The only fix I've found is a reboot. So I guess I'll have to install nodoze for now.
    I noticed this also, but even with nodoze, getting a lengthy video to save seems to be somewhat hit and miss. I'm still testing though so it was probably something like accidentally going into card view or something.

Quote Originally Posted by ird View Post
    Also, this could just be me having old codecs.. But I can't get the video to play (running linux). It will play the audio fine, just no video.
    If it the said video plays fine on the Pre, then it's because whatever linux video player you are using doesn't support H.264/AVC codec. Try MPEG-4 or H.263 in the Preferences of Precorder, otherwise you'll need a linux video player capable of H.264 (VLC Player works but idk if they have a linux build).
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    nice work
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    this is excellent.. i'll wait for beta though..
    I tried to install via command line first w/terminal, then ssh. Keep getting error in the app interface saying that gst service is not running. Deleted both app and service, reinstalled...same thing.

any ideas?
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superstardjal View Post
    I tried to install via command line first w/terminal, then ssh. Keep getting error in the app interface saying that gst service is not running. Deleted both app and service, reinstalled...same thing.

any ideas?
    I installed the 2 ipk's with webos quick install then used putty to run the script, restarted luna and it worked. I did try rebooting the phone and it froze once but did battery pull and it booted back up and so far no problems and it may not have been related to the recorder being that i also have smartreflex scaling patch installed also.
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast