Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    In the terminal type

wget http://bit.ly/precorder-bootstrap

then type

sh precorder-bootstrap

Enjoy!
    it worked for me an I just did a luna restart
    Last edited by OneDeep; 11/25/2009 at 03:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I'm sorry to ask but Where is the terminal in Webos Quick install? And do you type "wget" or just the url.

Thanks for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    In the terminal type

wget http://bit.ly/precorder-bootstrap

then type

sh precorder-bootstrap

Enjoy!
    I don't have any previous versions installed. Can I get precorder installed just by typing those commands from Terminal (In the Palm Pre)? Sorry if this question has already been asked.

Thanks
    yes you can, just type it as shown
    Sweet it it works! The first recording didn't work, but the second one did. Now, is there a way we can upload videos from the Pre to YouTube or Facebook? That would be sweeeet!!
    I just also got it to work. GREAT WORK!!!! It's doing fine so far with several short videos. It's an early Christmas present for me. My donation will be on its way!
    sure you can with pixelpipe beta version or by email ...you can get in youtube account and mobile setting receive ur email to upload videos from ur mobile and voila!!! You can!

Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Sweet it it works! The first recording didn't work, but the second one did. Now, is there a way we can upload videos from the Pre to YouTube or Facebook? That would be sweeeet!!
    I couldn't get the terminal to run i put wget -qO- ...... Was that wrong , is it just wget......? Any way i got it installed an it IS GREAT. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. the app works great so far. I have only had it 10 mins, but it was the best 10 min ever. Great work on the app. Palm needs people like this apps creator. Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Speaking of, I've got a early build of an upcoming project that should be able to handle YouTube direct uploading, more info pending
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dagold View Post
    I'm sorry to ask but Where is the terminal in Webos Quick install? And do you type "wget" or just the url.

Thanks for your help.
    Under Tools > Linux Commandline.
    Jason you have and other developers should have created the pre man.! Anyways mine worked first try. is there a way for audio volume to be adjusted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malefickus View Post
    Not bad, got it working today finally. Recorded my first video...in accident traffic no less.
    I tried an accident on the highway BUT I figured I'd not included sound and I could not end the recording without closing the app and lost the whole thing. A "good" 5 car pile-up.
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wmurch3 View Post
    Love the app. Unfortunately I get an Error whenever I try to play a video on the Pre.

It says "There was an error playing the file".

I tried uninstalling Precorder and reinstalling and I still get the same message. I am using the default settings and it still won't play. I transferred to my computer and it played fine.

Any ideas?

I seem to have located the cause of this problem. I went and reset my Pre with WebOS Doctor, reinstalled Precorder, and I could view videos fine in the video application. Then I installed MyTether with the new WiFi patch and I was unable to view videos again after that. So I uninstalled the WiFi patch and am now able to view videos again.

I can't believe I'm the only one having this problem so I figured I'd update my findings for anyone else having issues.

So in conclusion:

If you are getting an error message that says "There was an error playing the file" when viewing your recorded videos in the Video application on the Pre - try uninstalling the MyTether WiFi patch. It worked for me!
    Now if a video preview comes so that we can see what we're shooting, that would really rock!
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wmurch3 View Post
    I seem to have located the cause of this problem. I went and reset my Pre with WebOS Doctor, reinstalled Precorder, and I could view videos fine in the video application. Then I installed MyTether with the new WiFi patch and I was unable to view videos again after that. So I uninstalled the WiFi patch and am now able to view videos again.

I can't believe I'm the only one having this problem so I figured I'd update my findings for anyone else having issues.

So in conclusion:

If you are getting an error message that says "There was an error playing the file" when viewing your recorded videos in the Video application on the Pre - try uninstalling the MyTether WiFi patch. It worked for me!
    How do you uninstall the MYTether patch..I unistalled My Tether but I still think the patch is installed because I'm having the same problem with Precorder
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peppergg View Post
    How do you uninstall the MYTether patch..I unistalled My Tether but I still think the patch is installed because I'm having the same problem with Precorder
    If you go into the MyTether options you can turn the WiFi patch off. That will uninstall the patch.
    Is the new icon with the upgrade now? Nevermind...saw the first thread.
    Everbody fights, Nobody quits!!!

Bnite6 ---
    Great work.

Same thing I asked in the other thread. Is there a way to bump up the resolution of the video?
    Quote Originally Posted by Binary Tech View Post
    20 bucks says this thread hits 25 pages in the next 24 hours.

you lose.....paypal address is .....lol
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Everybody with a youtube account has a Youtube email. Just send your video as an attachment to that youtube email and it will upload. Not sure about Facebook I'm bout to check and see if I have a video upload email to go with my photo upload facebook email.