Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xtexman View Post
    I'm getting the exact same error message from WebOS Quick Install. The precorder app installs with no problem but I can not get the GSTservice running.
    I get the same error and I have followed the instructions exactly. Any ideas?
    17 pages. Close.
    Everbody fights, Nobody quits!!!

Bnite6 ---
    how can I update to v 0.2.3 if I'm not near my computer for a few days? I got termial on my phone or should I just wait
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    how can I update to v 0.2.3 if I'm not near my computer for a few days? I got termial on my phone or should I just wait
    In the terminal type

wget http://bit.ly/precorder-bootstrap

then type

sh precorder-bootstrap

Enjoy!
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tyklip View Post
    I get the same error and I have followed the instructions exactly. Any ideas?
    Got it fixed. You have to have preware and package manager.
    I installed this with quickinstall, its going to take some time to get used to not having a preview on the screen. It would be pretty cool of the camera would orient itself so it could record in both landscape and normal view. Flash is working fine for me. The only problem i have so far is that 3gp recording do not show up in my folder. Also i'm sure its been stated already that if you have the my tether patch installed make sure it is removed or you will not be able to play videos. Keep up the great work guys!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bdarknessb View Post
    I didnt get to read this whole thread, i dont know but someone might have pointed this out. The led light does not work if you have headphones plugged in. It will flash for a quick second, and then turn off. I have the flashlight app installed (not from the app catalog, the one using the LED) That might be what causes this?
    I can confirm this as well. Flash will light up for a second and then shuts off. W/o headphones, flash works fine in vid app. However, I also have the "My Flashlight" app installed on my Pre. Hmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by lasercomp View Post
    Hi. you guys just made my year by creating this app.. My Pre is finally complete.. I have one question though. I create a video and then email it to my pc and when I try to view the video, there is only a blank screen on my pc. THe video seems to be moving along but no video.. Any suggestions? Thank you for this app...
    What are you using to view the video? I emailed it to my Gmail accnt directly from my Pre and I was able to watch the video on my PC using Quicktime.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    To update to the 0.2.3 Precorder, do we need to uninstall the previous version or just install the newer one?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberelex View Post
    I installed this with quickinstall, its going to take some time to get used to not having a preview on the screen. It would be pretty cool of the camera would orient itself so it could record in both landscape and normal view. Flash is working fine for me. The only problem i have so far is that 3gp recording do not show up in my folder. Also i'm sure its been stated already that if you have the my tether patch installed make sure it is removed or you will not be able to play videos. Keep up the great work guys!!!!!
    Uhh, I have My Tether installed and I can play videos just fine. Are you referring to the patch that my tether isntalles to allow wifi tethering over 1.3.1?
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    I think maybe the Pre community is excited as there are like 30 videos from the Pre up on youtube already!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    just confirming, Precorder Beta version will be included in Preware correct? I think I read that on the wiki. (and contributing to the 25 page thread lol)
    Quote Originally Posted by nate14ri View Post
    just confirming, Precorder Beta version will be included in Preware correct? I think I read that on the wiki. (and contributing to the 25 page thread lol)
    I believe so. You can always just install the two ipk's (drag n drop) and start recording asap!
    Hey Precorder guys, since you have the mic working, you have made the voice dialer & song recognition people verrrrry happy.

You might want to post links to the GStreamer docs in one of the voice dialer threads so that anyone interested in building a Voice Dialer app can start using your code. Although having thought about it, they could probably use the native 1.3.1 code since it supports fixed duration recordings, which should be sufficient for voice dialing.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kigmatzomat View Post
    Hey Precorder guys, since you have the mic working, you have made the voice dialer & song recognition people verrrrry happy.
    That's true, this would also work as a simple voice recording app solution as well...never thought of that.
    anybody now how to delete videos?
    ill love to use the beta app for a concert im going !....i love this app and thank you so much developers!
    anybody now how to delete videos?
    USB mode or get the swipe to delete patch from preware, I prefer the patch of course

this works great for me if the settings are right, I'm using MP4 format and container, both sources, and AAC audio, i had a zero length issue with the captured files when i switch to MP3 format, suppose it doesn't matter though
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Works great for me. Many many thanks.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I put this icon together for precorder

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Nice touch on the new Icon. :P Makes it feel more official. \m/ \m/