Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    need help please... im runin a mac btw dont know if that matters... k i went to the wiki page to get the files i need.. i click the links and i get a new tab of code... no file to put in quickinstall... so can someone post thoses files here ...or type the linux code i need to put in??? thanx
    is it me or is the volume on the sound somewhat faint?
    i did it and got the same thing....
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TableTopFreak View Post
    need help please... im runin a mac btw dont know if that matters... k i went to the wiki page to get the files i need.. i click the links and i get a new tab of code... no file to put in quickinstall... so can someone post thoses files here ...or type the linux code i need to put in??? thanx
    I don't know about Mac, but I right click on the links and do save as. This allows me to actually download the files.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    Volume appears to be low to me on the Pre itself. I have not transfered any videos to the computer yet, but I did see a couple on youtube that appeared to have decent audio. So it might just be on device audio is low. Anyone else want to chime in on this?
    -----------------
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngevizu View Post
    i did it and got the same thing....
    OK, so you installed both ipkg files? How did you install them? Did you get any error messages when installing? After installing the service did you restart Java or reboot your phone? webos qi restarted java for me. If in doubt try rebooting your phone.

If you get an error installing the service, it could be because you don't have package manager installed.
    -----------------
  7. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Wow. Just wow.
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    great work!
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prenosicator View Post
    Donate button now available. 0.2.2 should be out in testing tonight, very minor updates.
    when you update, will it be same web address for command line install?
    If we used command line to install the app, do we just execute the sh script again to update it once available, or do we do another wget then run the sh?
    First run on my phone did not produce blank output , however the 3rd run did :P But, thats alright! Im EXTREMELY impressed with this and am eager to see what precorder becomes Thank you to all who made this possible!
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post
    Volume appears to be low to me on the Pre itself. I have not transfered any videos to the computer yet, but I did see a couple on youtube that appeared to have decent audio. So it might just be on device audio is low. Anyone else want to chime in on this?
    Volume seems to be better from PC. I'll try again on my way home from work with regular surroundings (too quiet at work). I'll post back in a bit.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    The latest Preware sees the service and program. I assume it will uninstall it fine, but I'm not going to try it just yet.
    Yes, the packaging of the alpha versions (something I worked for quite some time on with ZSoc, but got no recognition for in the PreCentral article ... ) means that it's perfectly safe to install, it is impervious to webOS updates (i.e. you don't need to uninstall it), and it can be uninstalled easily with Preware.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by jtalent1878 View Post
    i know it seems n00bish, but i can't find the package manager in webOS internals.
    http://install.preware.org

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Very impressive. Just did 4 videos and was able to see all 4. MBs add up really fast so would be prudent to capture in bits and pieces. Download as soon as possible. Next step is to download and try to watch on PC. By the way, in one of thses posts there was a patch to use to swipe videos. Is that in PREWARE, or someplace else?
    Everbody fights, Nobody quits!!!

Bnite6 ---
    Quote Originally Posted by r3ferrei View Post
    If we used command line to install the app, do we just execute the sh script again to update it once available, or do we do another wget then run the sh?
    The wiki page will have update instructions.

But yes, you can just re-run the bootstrap script to update.

In fact, you can do that right now to get 0.2.2

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by bnite6 View Post
    Very impressive. Just did 4 videos and was able to see all 4. MBs add up really fast so would be prudent to capture in bits and pieces. Download as soon as possible. Next step is to download and try to watch on PC. By the way, in one of thses posts there was a patch to use to swipe videos. Is that in PREWARE, or someplace else?
    the patch is in preware
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    Given that the microphone is on the OTHER side of the phone from the camera, I wouldn't expect it to pick things up very well.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Anyone else having issues sending videos as emails to facebook or youtube ever time I try I get email error ? But np emailing them to myself which is weird...

Update yourtube worked but still throws around Email Application Error.. any ideas
    Cranked up to 600 MHz and shooting video! Christmas has come early to Preland.