Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    humm....has anyone had issues issues after installing the precorder??

well, Ill start from the top...

1.Pre working fine along witn constant use of preware
    2.installed Precorder....=kickass
    3.installed patch to swipe videos out/delete via preware
    4.a scheduled event went off, and all of a sudden I couldn't dismiss it via touch, only after I slid keyboard out to unlock phone Close it again, lost touch..ext
    5. tried using preware (with keyboard open) touch completely dead after a like 2 selections.
    6. removed batt (couldn't select restart) to restart.
    7.repeat of 4.
    8.lastly as I was writing this my touch returned, this after confirming the touch was dead for like 5 mins.

can anyone try to recreate this?

Oh ya, Precorder = sex

edit, after unlocking it by slide, noticed keyboard was gone...ish...
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Please add a link or something of the sort to the Videos app.
    It will greatly improve the experience for whiny non-devs like me, and you won't have to worry about creating the video preview part of Precorder for a little while longer.

Anyways, this is the best thing since Synergy, I will gladly donate when I get the chance

For anyone interested:
    -1.3.1 US
    -Powersave Smartreflex 500MHz
    -Swipe to delete videos installed (before Precorder)
    -Running lots of other patches
    -Droid theme installed

Only issues were the known bug and...
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Audio is only mono at current time, correct? I'm only getting it thru the left channel.
    Last edited by grynv; 11/24/2009 at 04:21 PM.
    its on the front page its a wiki page
    Brilliant! This solved the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    Figured it out. I needed to download Package Manager from WebOS internals. The answer was buried in another thread.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    Thanks -

No, unfortunately that didn't work either.

Interestingly, I thought I'd attempt to install the Terminal app to see if I could install from the command line on my pre. When I tried to install the Terminal Plugin, I got the same error. I wonder if my Pre's configured strangely.
    Ding, Ding, Ding. You need to install the Package Manager Service. That is the only way to install services is to have the package manager service installed. usually you would install this and preware at the same time. If you have it installed, it's not running. Once you get that installed and running this should install with no problems.

Edit: Just noticed you figured that out earlier. I should have refreshed the page before posting that reply. Oh well. Yes, anyone who is getting the error installing the service, needs to install the package manager.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    You need to install Package Manager from WebOS-Internals.

Mods, can you bump that little fact up? Or push it to the developers? Thanks!
    Update:

After pulling out the battery and rebooting everything came back fine.

I haven't tried to hook up to the PC yet but I did another video test and it working perfectly.

One big deal that I noticed is that we no longer have to turn the Pre sideways to get the right aspect or is that perspective.

I did not try to listen if the sound came out. It was a simple 5 sec record.

But I'm very impressed so far!

A major step from the original VideoRec test that we tested out.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Works really good, thanks!!!
    i know it seems n00bish, but i can't find the package manager in webOS internals.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    is it possible to convert a video, recorded with the default settings, to 3g2 using ffmpeg from the terminal on the pre itself?

i tried with this: ffmpeg -y -i /media/internal/input.mp4 -r 20 -s 352x288 -b 400k -acodec libfaac -ac 1 -ar 8000 -ab 24k /media/internal/file.3g2

reported that the input file did not exist on multiple tries
    Audio is only mono at current time, correct? I'm only getting it thru the left channel.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    ok, thought i'd do my part and report some bugs if they are there. I went to the wiki page to find out that on any first try on recording the video from launching the app will get a blank result. that was the first thing that I did notice.

second, has anyone else been experiencing random issue with audio not being recorded. there is also one other time, where I was 5-6 seconds into the video before the audio shows up. thought I'd report it. thanks for all the great work!
    question...i installed the precorder on my pre and i keep getting "org.webosinternals.gstservice is not running" i've deleted it and re installed it and got the same thing...so what should i do?
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I am seeing audio Sync issues...I hope this an easy fix....
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngevizu View Post
    question...i installed the precorder on my pre and i keep getting "org.webosinternals.gstservice is not running" i've deleted it and re installed it and got the same thing...so what should i do?
    Restart Java, or reboot the phone and try again. That will restart the service or start it. Other than that, it may not be installed. (the service) there are 2 ipkg files to install.
    -----------------
    so whats the 2 ipkg files?
    Please do a search:

Application:Precorder - WebOS Internals
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    First page on this thread, first post points you to Application:Precorder - WebOS Internals

There it talks about installing the service and the application.
    -----------------
    Running this on a 1.3.1 pre, smartreflex installed, along with some other patches, running the blackberry theme.

Runs great! There is a slight lag between the app saying it is recording and it actually recording, but the quality of the videos is very good. The sound, as stated before, only comes out one channel.
    My pre is like caffeine. If I don't have it in the morning I think something is wrong with me, and I need it all throughout the day to make it
  20.    #220  
    Donate button now available. 0.2.2 should be out in testing tonight, very minor updates.
    Bringing you the first video recorder (Precorder), the first SDL application/game (DOOM), the first "make my magicjack/corporate voicemail play on my webos phone thingy" (gsm codec package), and now, webos's first opensource media recorder (voice and stream!) -> zcorder