1.    #1  
    well i recently noticed that after installing this patch that my pre loaded alot faster and my battery lasted all day. but everytime i tried to play a video from the youtube app or from my videos, the screen started messing up. so i was wondering if it would be better to go ahead and unistall the patch, cause i dont want anything happing to my phone.

thanks.
    wow that's good to know looks like proof of concept at its best. Think what palm will come out with when they impalment cpu scaling and gpu acceleration. Can't wait. Webos has so much potential.
    Last edited by Warblad13; 11/24/2009 at 12:24 AM.
    I have the same problem with the youtube and cpu scaling, I don't think that means anything, the only time i think that the patch means something is if the phone is getting much hotter in the back than normal....

that being said, just let the video load and play it, it won't do the stutering thing
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdaballa View Post
    I have the same problem with the youtube and cpu scaling, I don't think that means anything, the only time i think that the patch means something is if the phone is getting much hotter in the back than normal....

that being said, just let the video load and play it, it won't do the stutering thing
    oh okay, nice to knoe, thanks
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I like it a lot but want to be able to turn it up to 700 or 800! Let's get rid of the rest of that lag!
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    YouTube also stutters and hangs badly for me with Smartreflex
    profile. I'm not convinced that simply letting it buffer fully
    will work with longer vids but we'll see. The speed otherwise
    is addictive. Feels the way the phone should have been from
    the start.

ian
    Last edited by Daemon; 11/24/2009 at 02:23 AM.
    Yeah, this is a retread of work done a long, long time ago. If you really want to do CPU scaling in the most stable way don't use this patch... see this thread instead.