1.    #1  
    PRE RUNNING WITH VODAFONE SIM CARD

This is originally a Movistar Pre phone. This guy from Spain got the codes numbers that you can see it clearly on the video, he is tapping for change to Vodafone carrier. How he got the numbers.? Who knows.

Call me a noob but what is so special about running the Pre with a Vodafone card?

Are the Pres in other countries restricted to the carrier selling them?
    The only GSM pres sold unlocked are the German QWERTZ ones.

All the others are locked. The mobile operators could unlock them via IMEI codes, but they won't. Maybe they will at end of contract.

At least one person claims to have bought a Spanish Pre on movistar that was IMEI unlocked.

forums.precentral.net /gsm-pre/213072-i-got-qwerty-unlocked-gsm-pre-heres-how.html

I have seen on ebay.es an auction that appeared to be an offer to unlock a pre. (though may be a scam and it's not there anymore)

I suspect movistar's codes may have been leaked, or an insider is making a bit of cash for himself
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Hi there, my first post here. I just got my german pre and using it with a Vodafone card in Romania, so theres nothing special. But to be to the point here : the European Union forced all the mobile operators to provide unlocking for all the devices bought without any discount ( as most of the operators offer when you choose a plan or something). Thats why in Germany you get an unlocked phone ( 481 euros is the full Pre price, without subscription, with a prepay card), and in other countries you dont.
    You can, however, request, that at the end of the subscription period, te receive an unlock key.
    You get it even without a prepay card. I bought mine with O2 with a paying option that costs 20 euros a month for 24 months.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by balenax View Post
    Hi there, my first post here. I just got my german pre and using it with a Vodafone card in Romania, so theres nothing special. But to be to the point here : the European Union forced all the mobile operators to provide unlocking for all the devices bought without any discount ( as most of the operators offer when you choose a plan or something). Thats why in Germany you get an unlocked phone ( 481 euros is the full Pre price, without subscription, with a prepay card), and in other countries you dont.
    You can, however, request, that at the end of the subscription period, te receive an unlock key.
    Thanks for your valuable post. Now we know how things work in Europe. You answer my wonder about the spanish guy just changing codes simple and normal , without saying nothing about to contact someone at all . Thanks again.
    Enjoy the best experiences with the new mobile... I want to share my experiences with you all.. just i get this site theunlockspot.com/ for unlocking process with my mobile.. Also they provides all brands unlock codes in here @ reliable costs..
    Quote Originally Posted by Cormac_Byrne View Post
    At least one person claims to have bought a Spanish Pre on movistar that was IMEI unlocked.

forums.precentral.net /gsm-pre/213072-i-got-qwerty-unlocked-gsm-pre-heres-how.html
    There are at least 6 Spanish Movistar Pre operating IMEI unlocked in Australia, including my own. See this thread.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/gs...re-phones.html

Most were purchased from P|C user goma, but another P|C user zkyevolved has recently offered Pre for 2/3 of the price.