Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. DocHemi's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
       #1  
    Hmmm maybe some of you have seen this I don't know....


    If i have my Pre plugged into either USB or Car Charger and run an app that uses net or GPS, or WIFI, then it constantly lose charge even tho it shows charging.....it is plugged in and says charging, but battery goes down down down.

    But if I do the same with my home chager, touchstone, or the home charger in my car using a DC - AC convertor it will then still run fine, but keep the battery charged up; and charge it if it was low to begin with.

    Anyone have any ideas about this.

    My thought is that its do to the output voltage and current of the USB and Car Charger not being as High as Running off of AC voltage.

    Looking for thoughts and ideas here.
  2. #2  
    I had that problem when I first updated to 1.3.1. I was using the wall charger it came with. I let my battery completely dump two times and charged it back up to 100%. After doing that twice the problem went away and, oddly, my battery seemed to last a little bit longer than it ever did.
  3. #3  
    go get the sprint fast car charger its got higher out put then alot of the other chargers ,its the one that plugs directly into the cig lighter its all one piece . and if you read up on the pre battery ,you can damage your battery by leting it drain all the way out ,it is not recommended to do that . this is not the same kind of battery that you used to get its alot diff. just remember you were warned lol
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4. DocHemi's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    go get the sprint fast car charger its got higher out put then alot of the other chargers ,its the one that plugs directly into the cig lighter its all one piece . and if you read up on the pre battery ,you can damage your battery by leting it drain all the way out ,it is not recommended to do that . this is not the same kind of battery that you used to get its alot diff. just remember you were warned lol
    Thats the charger I have and If I am running TRAPSTER or streaming while plugged into the charger, it just drains away even tho showing it as charging.
  5. #5  
    No you can't. Letting it fully drain out is fine. You don't have to do it but the battery won't see any damage from it.

    The way you can damage a battery is letting it fully drain then let it sit like that for a few weeks. Then the reserve charge will die out and that'd **** your battery up.

    =D
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHemi View Post
    My thought is that its do to the output voltage and current of the USB and Car Charger not being as High as Running off of AC voltage.
    Partly. You need a USB car charger that will:

    a) source 1000mA of current (most will not)
    b) inform your Pre that it has this much current on tap by having it's USB data lines tied together

    If your charger is already capable of a) then you can either modify the USB cable by cutting it open and shorting the white and green (data) wires together, or modify your charger by opening it and shorting the two middle pins of the USB connector together with a blop of solder. Modding the cable will prevent you from using it for anything but the charger however...
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

    PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHemi View Post
    Thats the charger I have and If I am running TRAPSTER or streaming while plugged into the charger, it just drains away even tho showing it as charging.
    ok then try the other charger the usb charger instead . i use both and they work either way for me
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  8. DocHemi's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    ok then try the other charger the usb charger instead . i use both and they work either way for me
    By the USB charger you mean the one that plugs into AC and uses the USB cable to charge?

    If so I do and thats they only way I can get it to charge while using apps.

    Only problem there is the dc=AC convertor makes lots of noise and if ya forget to unplug oops there goes your car battery
  9. #9  
    hey doc hemi this is from palm's web site ok


    My battery drains quickly
    Article ID: 17233

    Need help?

    Chat online with a Palm technical support agent - easily, securely and instantly.
    Chat now

    Warning Use only approved batteries and chargers with your phone. Failure to use an approved battery may increase the risk that your phone will overheat, catch fire, or explode, resulting in serious bodily injury, death, or property damage. Use of unapproved third-party power supply accessories may damage the device and void the Limited Warranty for the product.

    Note A Palm® Centro™ Standard battery is designed solely for use with the Centro phone and is not compatible with the Palm® Pre™ phone, even though it may appear to fit into the battery compartment. Use Palm batteries only in the devices for which they were specifically designed.

    Note Under normal use, you can expect up to 5 hours of talk time and 300 hours of standby time from your Pre phone.
    About your battery

    Battery life depends on how you use your phone. If you use your phone's data features heavily (browse the web, stream video, and so on) or if you hold long conversations, you may need to charge your phone longer or more frequently.

    When the battery is very low (less than 20%), the battery null> icon in the upper-right corner of the screen changes to red. When the battery is charged (over 90%), the icon appears full . To view the exact battery charge level, tap the icon.

    You can maximize the life of your battery by following a few easy guidelines. This article tells you how to keep your battery charged and provides tips for reducing power consumption.

    * How to keep your battery charged
    * Settings you can use to save power
    * General tips for saving power

    How to keep your battery charged

    Unlike with some older rechargeable batteries, charging your battery often does not reduce battery performance over time. In fact, it's good for your battery to keep it charged rather than letting it become drained before recharging. Plug your phone in to a charger or charge it via the USB cable whenever you aren’t using it. Having both a Touchstone charging dock and a car charger makes it convenient to charge your phone any time.
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  10. DocHemi's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    hey doc hemi this is from palm's web site ok


    My battery drains quickly
    Article ID: 17233

    Need help?

    Chat online with a Palm technical support agent - easily, securely and instantly.
    Chat now

    Warning Use only approved batteries and chargers with your phone. Failure to use an approved battery may increase the risk that your phone will overheat, catch fire, or explode, resulting in serious bodily injury, death, or property damage. Use of unapproved third-party power supply accessories may damage the device and void the Limited Warranty for the product.

    Note A Palm® Centro™ Standard battery is designed solely for use with the Centro phone and is not compatible with the Palm® Pre™ phone, even though it may appear to fit into the battery compartment. Use Palm batteries only in the devices for which they were specifically designed.

    Note Under normal use, you can expect up to 5 hours of talk time and 300 hours of standby time from your Pre phone.
    About your battery

    Battery life depends on how you use your phone. If you use your phone's data features heavily (browse the web, stream video, and so on) or if you hold long conversations, you may need to charge your phone longer or more frequently.

    When the battery is very low (less than 20%), the battery null> icon in the upper-right corner of the screen changes to red. When the battery is charged (over 90%), the icon appears full . To view the exact battery charge level, tap the icon.

    You can maximize the life of your battery by following a few easy guidelines. This article tells you how to keep your battery charged and provides tips for reducing power consumption.

    * How to keep your battery charged
    * Settings you can use to save power
    * General tips for saving power

    How to keep your battery charged

    Unlike with some older rechargeable batteries, charging your battery often does not reduce battery performance over time. In fact, it's good for your battery to keep it charged rather than letting it become drained before recharging. Plug your phone in to a charger or charge it via the USB cable whenever you aren’t using it. Having both a Touchstone charging dock and a car charger makes it convenient to charge your phone any time.
    OK but that does not address my issue
    I use approved chargers.....Palm USB cable, Palm USB/AC charger, PALM car charger.

    The phone shows the charging Icon....and the battery still drains, and does not take a charge. Only way i can get it to take a charge while running apps is to use the USB/AC charger plugged into a DC-AC convertor


    So what it comes to is If i want to use my phone, and have it charging, it will not.

Posting Permissions