1.    #1  
    I'm trying to install this patch (virtual keyboard) and it keeps on saying error installing see ipkg log, I used to have it before. Anybody has any ideas
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Can you post the log? There is probably a file conflict (one that was changed through another patch), and the log will give the answers.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Did you have it before 1.3.1. You may have to delete the vk folder from you pre, then try it.
    I always get ipkg log errors when I try to install new apps with Preware via the mobile network. Since I use my wifi connection there is no error anymore. Maybe it helps.

There is also a patch in Preware to remove an old keyboard installation for a clean re-installation. Dunno if that could help.
    i couldnt get it to work either, this may not be related but i turned dev mode off, then i rebooted then i refreshed feeds then it installed fine. you can try that i to see if it will help you!
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Had same problem. Ran Emergency patch recovery, rebooted , then installed virtual keyboard , and it works fine now.