Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Is it a standardized thing or do some work and some not? After having several bluetooth headsets, I've found it refreshing using the included headset.

I've got some shure earbuds I need to replace anyway, and could definitely see myself just getting a headset instead since I could also use the newer style with another mp3 player/laptop/whatever.

Good idea or Great idea?
    If you mean a bluetooth headset and you're wondering about the buttons for play/pause, forward and back skipping, yeah, they work with media player, pandora, videos, etc.

Edit: And if you mean wired buttons for these functions, then no, other than the mic button those extra functions are device specific. (And even with the mic there's 24 different ways to wire right, left, mic and ground signals to a 4-pole jack, though only two of those ways are in common use.)
    Last edited by ktessner; 11/23/2009 at 08:19 PM.
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    you know, I didn't explain myself well at all, but you answered my question brilliantly. thank you muchly.