Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Where did this patch go?
    I am unable to find it in a Preware search.
    Maybe it it being updated.
    I have noticed that as well. Also all of jasons stuff is gone in the canuck feed( i.e. My tether, falshlight, etc...)
    So the day when my Pre decides to update to 1.2.1 for the fourth time overnight, the patch recovery is gone? Great....
    I guess you gotta use Preware to uninstall then one by one for the time being.
    it's showing up fine for me. It looks like it may have been updated recently so maybe update your feeds? On the latest version of package manager service and preware?
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Delgarth View Post
    So the day when my Pre decides to update to 1.2.1 for the fourth time overnight, the patch recovery is gone? Great....
    Same exact boat as you lol.
    I woke up w/ a full head-of-steam to run EPR & get rid of the mis-uninstalled VK on my pre before the new webOS update & I found that, yes, it's gone. I have the latest package manager & preware (I think at least b/c preware seems to think so). I also checked on webOS quick install & it's gone there too. If anyone finds the program back up please let us know where you found it. Good luck, guys.
    It's been located. A quote from rwhitby aka Rod:

"EPR has moved to the webos-internals feed, since it is not dependent on the webOS version. Do an update on your feeds, and you will see it again in the List of Everything."
    Thanks! Found it with the update feeds.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    There is ALREADY a post about it -search the threads first -and make your title specific

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...83#post1982583
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    There is ALREADY a post about it -search the threads first -and make your title specific

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...83#post1982583
    You realize that the link you posted points back to this same thread?
    I downloaded and installed Package Manager Service first then the Preware. Rebooted my Pre and looked in Available patches for a Recovery selection, to have the Emergency Patch Recovery option but nothing was there. Did I miss a step.

I have only had my Pre for about two weeks and I have only updated the Palm webOS to 1.2.1. Can someone tell me how to get the Emergency Patch Recovery, please. Do I need to delete the Package Manager and Preware to add it again? HELP! PLEASE. Thanks
    In preware > list of everything > type "emergency." Don't forget to update feeds

What Preware version?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Available Other>Linux Application> Utilities

Or

List Everything and type "emergency"
    Thanks for your help. It was there when I completed a search of everything. How do I find out what version of Preware I have?

Just want to THANK everyone who makes this possible for us!
    Quote Originally Posted by cobb deputy View Post
    How do I find out what version of Preware I have?

When you first load Preware the main menu title has a version number, or Orange+tap the icon in launcher will also give you the version #.
    Thanks, found it again! I currently have version 0.9.4. Is that the latest version? How do you update the version? Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by cobb deputy View Post
    Thanks, found it again! I currently have version 0.9.4. Is that the latest version? How do you update the version? Thanks again!
    That is the latest. The latest few versions allow you to update preware using preware itself. So if you load it up and there is an update available it will be in the list of updates. Also always make sure if there is a Preware update, there will most likely be an update to Package Manager Service, ALWAYS UPDATE THE Package Manager Service FIRST!
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    When i hit the install button, i get a window that says ERROR installing: see ipkg log and it refuses to download...any help would be greatly appreciated
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast