Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    i'm looking how to install it and removed all my patches so i can upgrade to 1.3.1..
    If you have Preware, just search in "all packages" for "Emergency" when you get 3 or 4 letters in it should display the EPR.

Install the EPR, it will run once and uninstall itself along with all your patches. Also, make sure to delete any themes you may have BEFORE running the EPR.
    Dont forget to REMOVE the EPR after using!
    thanks guys.. so, remove EPR, Preware, Filecoaster, restart.. and then update?
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    thanks guys.. so, remove EPR, Preware, Filecoaster, restart.. and then update?
    I don't believe you have to actually uninstall Preware itself to do an OS update.
    ok thanks, i'm working on it now
    Preware and Filecoaster are apps, and as such do not need to be removed prior to an update.

Also, I believe the EPR removes itself after running.
    Just an FYI...

Step One: Remove Themes
    Step Two: Run EPR. (This patch auto-executes and erases itself after installing. Once you run it, you don't have to do anything else with it.)
    Step Three: Reboot
    Step Four: Install Updates from Palm.

You do NOT, I repeat DO NOT have to remove Preware or FileCoaster. Those are apps, and do not change or alter the base coding of WebOS as patches do. They're fine, and removing them is totally and 100% unnecessary.

YOU NEED TO FOLLOW THIS PROCEDURE PRIOR TO EVERY SINGLE PALM UPDATE UNTIL OTHERWISE NOTIFIED. You are highly likely to brick or have to Doctor your Pre if you don't. These steps will save you HOURS of frustration and irritation.

~Kelly

"Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein
    i got an error message while installing EPR
    it says:
    Linux Application
    Error Instanlling: see IPKG Log
    i understand now.. thanks.. i went to check my installed packages and i see that i don't have any install patches.. meaning i'm ok right?
    Yup, you're good.

Also, if you get any off the wall errors or problems with Preware installations, your best bet for help is to post here http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...0-preware.html with as much detail and info as you can give. The Preware devs are CONSTANTLY on the thread, and are some amazing, kind, and patient folks; more than willing to help us mere mortals out. LOL.

I'm glad it's working so far!

~Kelly

"Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein
    My Preware says an update is available. However, it tells me to run Emergency Patch Recovery App. Where do I find it?
    Second......do I understand correctly that before I update my Pre software, I must remove the patches first, then reinstall after update?
    PreWare/ List of Everything/start typing emergency Patch recovery!

And yes you are correct all patches must be removed prior to updates, or immediately after!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

what exactly does EPR do?..how does it work?..do i install it from preware straight from my pre?..or download it from webos quick install?..if my patches was added from tweaks in weboos quickinstall, is that different from patches from preware?..can EPR remove patches and tweaks from both preware and webosquickinstall? If EPR does restored and uninstall patches doe it reset the whole phone? what exactly will be reset and restored? i just want to remove the old patches without using web doctor or anything that will not erase and reset my phone..thanks in advance
    The EPR "Emergency Patch Removal" will remove patches; Patches that went haywire, patches that did not install correctly, and patches that are functioning normally.

The EPR will run a script to remove all items identified as a patch. Then remove the script.

It is no different then that of Preware. Both Quick Install and Preware look after each other.

This should keep you from having to use the Dr. in your case. You may need to restart your phone after applying the EPR.

Side note: If you are using the LED Notifications patch, make sure to turn the function off before running the EPR or they will stay on foreverrrrrr.
    Last edited by soccerpathic; 11/25/2009 at 12:18 AM.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    "Emergency Patch Removel" removes all your patches. I'm not sure if it does Preware. I only use Quick Install. It doesn't rest your phone, just removes the patches. I would assume if you open Quick Install device manager, look at you patches, if your Preware patches are listed, I assume it would remove them too! But, only a guess. I have read people having problems removing patches from Preware and F'ing up their phones. So, be careful.
    No need to be careful
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerpathic View Post
    The EPR "Emergency Patch Removal" will remove patches; Patches that went haywire, patches that did not install correctly, and patches that are functioning normally.

The EPR will run a script to remove all items identified as a patch. Then remove the script.

It is no different then that of Preware. Both Quick Install and Preware look after each other.

This should keep you from having to use the Dr. in your case. You may need to restart your phone after applying the EPR.

Side note: If you are using the LED Notifications patch, make sure to turn the function off before running the EPR or they will stay on foreverrrrrr.
    Is that true that if "EPR" is ran with the LED notification patch, you won't be able to remove it? Even if WebDoc? Cause I've noticed that rest,webdr,epr.....if you added a launcher page, that stays to. Unless you add the patch and delete it!
    The LED patch is actually Palm's work... The developers just took out the command line that hid the feature to make it work.

With that being said, if you update or run EPR with it on, the phone will think that it is still supposed to function.
    thanks to all..but another question again?.."reset" meaning phone will just turn off & on? Correct, no other data (contacts, messages, apss, etc) on my phone won't be removed?

how do I run EPR..do I just install from preware?..is this the best way to remove these patches?..is it a bad idea if I just leave these patches on?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast