Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1.    #1  
    after i installed webos 1.3.1 i hooked the palm pre up to my computer to do the quick install program.....when i was done i went into messaging and i found a grey bar that when i clicked on it said copy, paste...something like that.....i have no idea what i did to get that on there

    is there anyway to get it off?
    without using the doctor?

    thanks
  2. mjbuf's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by goodfellaty View Post
    after i installed webos 1.3.1 i hooked the palm pre up to my computer to do the quick install program.....when i was done i went into messaging and i found a grey bar that when i clicked on it said copy, paste...something like that.....i have no idea what i did to get that on there

    is there anyway to get it off?
    without using the doctor?

    thanks
    exact same isssue!!! luckily at most its annoying but i would still like to fix it! lets hope some savy precentral users can help us lol
  3. #3  
    I have the grey bar/button in each text message, but I get no text when clicking on them. Also, it seems that my ability to tap and forward a text message no longer works. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

    Thanks

    Don
  4. Mpre's Avatar
    Posts
    143 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #4  
    Did anyone of you guys install a theme to your phone? I got those extra bars when I uninstalled a theme. Had to install and uninstall the theme to get rid of the extra bars.
  5. #5  
    I had that issue too. I had to completely reset using webOSDoctor to fix it.
  6. #6  
    I had the same problem after I updated to 1.3 I think it's caused by the "Text forward" patch. Maybe something gets left behind when it's uninstalled and that something is messing with the new text forward feature in the 1.3 update.

    All I did was uninstall my theme then ran EPR, then reinstalled the patched I wanted back & then my theme and it was fixed.
  7.    #7  
    ya when i click on it now..it doesnt say anything.....i never had a theme on my phone...i did have the fowarding messaging...but i already delete preware and reinstalled it with all the patches i already had....could there be anything else that is causeing it to remain on there? and thanks for all the input and responses
  8.    #8  
    ok...so ive tried everything....the doctor is my next step...but i have a few questions....what does the doctor do? does it restore it to the point were it was when i first got it, and i have to load my contacts n patches and everything agian?
  9. #9  
    Never had a theme installed on my Pre, but I do have the SMS Tone Per Contact patch installed, and my grey bar issue seems to have developed AFTER the upgrade of this patch. Anyone else?

    D
  10. mjbuf's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleD View Post
    Never had a theme installed on my Pre, but I do have the SMS Tone Per Contact patch installed, and my grey bar issue seems to have developed AFTER the upgrade of this patch. Anyone else?

    D
    come to think of it i believe my issue developed after sms tone per contact update as well!!! also my highlighting dosent work anymore either
  11. gc916's Avatar
    Posts
    233 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleD View Post
    Never had a theme installed on my Pre, but I do have the SMS Tone Per Contact patch installed, and my grey bar issue seems to have developed AFTER the upgrade of this patch. Anyone else?

    D
    I removed/reinstalled the SMS TPC patch today; was investigating a possible conflict with ability to choose Message Notification sound enabled in 1.3.1, which I think I have confirmed.

    Anyway, no gray bars before removal, none after reinstall.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by goodfellaty View Post
    ok...so ive tried everything....the doctor is my next step...but i have a few questions....what does the doctor do? does it restore it to the point were it was when i first got it, and i have to load my contacts n patches and everything agian?
    Pretty much. I've heard (and begun to believe) that the current WebOS Doctor leaves the USB drive intact, but other than that, it's a device wipe.

    BTW, totally off topic, but when I first saw this thread, I thought it said "Gay Bar in Mesquite"...
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    BTW, totally off topic, but when I first saw this thread, I thought it said "Gay Bar in Mesquite"...
    That's absolutely hilarious
  14. #14  
    I dont have any SMS patches or anything and this is hapining to me. I also cant forward TXTs.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by jediknight36 View Post
    I dont have any SMS patches or anything and this is hapining to me. I also cant forward TXTs.
    Try running the WebOSRepairUtility in the Canuck Software subforum after removing all of your patches.
  16. #16  
    I have the same problem, gray bars in the messaging app and no text forwarding after upgrading to 1.3.1. I just tried installing the SMS Tone per Contact patch to see if that fixes the problem, but get an error installing it. The IPKG log says "Hunk #1 FAILED at 52...Hunk #1 FAILED at 96..." So, obviously there is some code/patch creating the non-functional gray bar and causing the patch install to fail. Is there any way to find and remove that code/patch without doing a complete wipe?
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Try running the WebOSRepairUtility in the Canuck Software subforum after removing all of your patches.
    I dont see it on the feeds. Where can I get it?
  18. #18  
    Nvr mind, I found it. But now its giving me errors 3 and 5 and I click through them and it says on the utility window that I am restoring the missing files. Is this normal?
  19. strudel's Avatar
    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by chashmish View Post
    I had that issue too. I had to completely reset using webOSDoctor to fix it.
    Me too, it was the only way I could get rid of those grey buttons. I wonder what patch installation/removal/botched installation caused this?
  20. #20  
    Anyone have any thoughts as to whether the 1.3.5 upgrade will fix this issue?
    Won't upgrading to the new OS essentially be the same as doctoring the phone?

    D
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions