Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dbdoinit
  1.    #1  
    error code 20, modem

anyone have any idea what that means?
    Something wrong with 20 modems. Better go fix them.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 11/23/2009 at 02:38 PM.
    LordSecksie likes this.
    "Error #20. Error Message: The system cannot find the specified device. Solution: 1. Ensure that the right modem has been selected"
  4.    #4  
    i think it was because data was turned off........
    I ran it too with wifi off and got error code 100 modem...I guess it cant test what isnt running.
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
    error code 20, modem

anyone have any idea what that means?
    YEP...got this same error when I was having some problems with my Pre's reception.

Apparently this error comes from the Pre not being able to ping a tower to get the "connection" especially with EvDo. So there is two possibilities for this error:

1) Data off
    2) Tower connection poor

In my case, as I found out from the Sprint store much later, is that they were working on the tower near my house (which apparently I have only 1 and its 3 miles away) thus I wasnt getting a connection...so without WiFi I could not use data, and in a lot of cases could not make/receive calls. Now it all makes sense, but it took me 3 days, 2 doctors, hours with CS that didnt know about it, and a trip to my local Repair center to find this out.

So my suggestion:

1) Check to see if your data is on,
    2) Update PRL then Network Settings in the phone preferences,
    3) Call the Repair center closest to you (if there is a tower problem the local stores usually get an email about the issue)
    4) Hard reset your phone
    5) Doctor
    6) Sprint CS call / Tech Support
    7) Return

Please follow the steps in that order for best results!
    this post put me at ease...thanks PreCentral....