Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I saw another post on here about this and it said to just charge it and it would be fine, but my situation is a bit different. I took the phone off the charger this morning just before leaving for work and it had a full charge and when I went to check something three hours or so later it was dead and only showing the screen with electrical plug and question mark above it.

Nothing was running on the phone and the only time I had used it was to make a 30 second call to my wife to remind her of something. Other then that it has been in "stand by" mode since coming off of the charger. Usually I don't have to put the phone on the charger until like 10:00 at night when I go to bed so I highly doubt this is just a dead battery issue. I am usually good to go for at least 10 hours before any notifications pop up stating I need to charge the phone.

I have already plugged it in here at work and let it charge for an hour and it still won't start. I also tried to do a battery pull, but that didn't work either. This is my second Pre and by the looks of things I will be calling Sprint to get my third. Ugh!
    My guess is that you have a bad battery.. Just a guess though..
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    I would say to continue to let it charge and see if you still have the issue after a few more hours.
    This had happened to me before. I shutdown my Pre, took the battery out and waited a little bit. The replaced it and started it back up. It's back to it's old battery life (12+ hours for me on a regular workday.)

Hope it gets figured out soon!
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I am utterly shocked with the quality of Customer Service from Sprint that I got today in a good way. Every time I have ever called I always got the ******* who have no idea what they are doing or never want to help to resolve the issue. This time was the complete opposite.

I explained the situation to tech support and they didn't even offer to troubleshoot seeing as how the phone won't turn on and just said "Yeah you have a faulty chip in the phone, we will get you a new one out and you will have it tomorrow." While that is awesome that I didn't have to go through any hoops and barrels I don't want to have to keep getting replacements for my replacements. I personally know people who are on their 3rd and 4th Pre and I do not want to have to go through all that trouble. I asked at what point would Sprint step in and say "Okay obviously there are too many issues with this phone, go ahead and choose a different model." to which they replied it is usually three. After the 3rd then you may be allowed to get a different phone.

I reiterated to them about how people have gone through so many replacements and if I get a 3rd one and it is junk too I am canceling the account and going elsewhere. She understood and put me in touch with retentions to see what they could offer me. Unfortunately they can't authorize me with a different style phone, but he did mention that come next month I will be a Premier Customer so in June I am eligible for a new phone at the full discount, which I was already aware of. However after speaking to his manager he was authorized to overnight my replacement Pre (which Tech Support was already doing) and also credit my account $20 a month for the next 2 years on top of the 18% discount I get through work! He said that if this 3rd Pre is junk as well then I can start the process of getting a different phone with my local store.

The new Pre will be here tomorrow and I am getting a nice discount on my bill as well. There is no way I can pass this up and I'd be dumb not to take that offer.
    Last edited by Kamen; 11/23/2009 at 03:07 PM.
    Wanna call for me so I get that discount too?
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Sure, why not. LOL!