Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone how to block private or unknown calls? Is there a way to send these straight to voicemail?
    Quote Originally Posted by RGLEYZER View Post
    Does anyone how to block private or unknown calls? Is there a way to send these straight to voicemail?
    You could do that w/Gooooooogle Voice via the GdialPro app.
    edit*

read your question wrong.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    There's a program on preware that allows you to send certain numbers directly to voicemail, don't know if it works with blocked or unknown numbers
    Unless you are wanting to block all UNKNOWN or PRIVATE numbers I don't think there is a way (and not sure you can do that anyway). There is nothing for a system or computer or phone to recognize to block it.

Just hit the ignore on the phone when the call comes in. That sends it to voice mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    Unless you are wanting to block all UNKNOWN or PRIVATE numbers I don't think there is a way (and not sure you can do that anyway). There is nothing for a system or computer or phone to recognize to block it.

Just hit the ignore on the phone when the call comes in. That sends it to voice mail.
    With the phone closed, hit power button ONCE to ignore, TWICE to send to voicemail.
    Thanks I did not know that trick/tip. I just hit the red phone and it goes to voice mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    Thanks I did not know that trick/tip. I just hit the red phone and it goes to voice mail.
    No problem, Cowgirl. How's that purple bluetooth workin' out for ya?
    This thread might answer your request.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-ignore-8.html
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    With the phone closed, hit power button ONCE to ignore, TWICE to send to voicemail.
    But is there a way to block ALL "unknown, blocked number" calls automatically?
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHemi View Post
    I think Goooooooooooooogle Voice, but I don't know for sure. I know you can block 'certain' #'s with that, but i'm not sure about unknown ones.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post1997915

This version of the patch blocks all unknown or callers not in your contact list.
    I think landline phones can be programmed but I do not think that cell phones can.

I just refuse to answer if no number comes up on my caller ID. ****es some people off but they know how to unblock their number so it shows up and refuse to do so ...thus they can go to my voice mail.

Besides they should no better than call me...I'm a text girl.
    elyron has created a patch under the thread I posted earlier that enable you to block any number you like as well as unknown, blocked, etc..
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    elyron has created a patch under the thread I posted earlier that enable you to block any number you like as well as unknown, blocked, etc..
    Where is this located? I have yet to find anything that works
    Yikes! This can't be done on cell phones? Of course it can! I've got Callblock on the Palm OS, and Blackberries have their own version of call blocker! All it takes is a programmer to program one for Web OS! Programmers - get with it!
  17.    #17  
    thanks.. i tried this.. how do you istall patches?? sorry i have no idea
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC View Post
    Yikes! This can't be done on cell phones? Of course it can! I've got Callblock on the Palm OS, and Blackberries have their own version of call blocker! All it takes is a programmer to program one for Web OS! Programmers - get with it!
    Andrew - it also requires that the programming environment used has function calls for the things you want to do. WebOS is not at the stage where you can program your own low-level functionality. Palm did this for security reasons.

Regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Thanks Jerry. Good to know. Let's hope they get this to the point where important programs, such as callblockers, are made available. I'd be lost without mine!
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post1997915

This version of the patch blocks all unknown or callers not in your contact list.
    Where is this located? I have yet to find anything that works
    Thread information included in first portion http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post1997915
    The patch works great whether you have google voice or not. If you have google voice it allows you to mark any call as spam and they caller gets an out of service message.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast